PDA

View Full Version : Disabling closeups?

Hento
12-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Can you manually disable those annoying closeups in combat view which detract from action and enjoyment, they are completely superfluous.
Maybe there is some config file or something?

YENKO
12-19-2008, 07:38 PM
What closeups? You mean the Spirits of Rage? If yes, then there is some Russian mini-mod that eliminates that.

Hento
12-20-2008, 12:05 AM
How can you not know what a "closeup" word means? It's such a simple word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/closeup

Closeup is when unit is about to kill other unit and camera zooms on it, it changes from normal isometric perspective which is completely unnecessary here because combat looks much better if there is no automatic change in camera view, the entire battle is much better depicted if it is entirely in normal view.

lauvhk
12-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Change the combat animation speed from Normal to High

YENKO
12-20-2008, 09:37 PM
How can you not know what a "closeup" word means? It's such a simple word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/closeup

Closeup is when unit is about to kill other unit and camera zooms on it, it changes from normal isometric perspective which is completely unnecessary here because combat looks much better if there is no automatic change in camera view, the entire battle is much better depicted if it is entirely in normal view.

Speak for yourself, wise dude ;)

Hento
12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Change the combat animation speed from Normal to High

Please stop saying that, I don't like that speed. Even the sound stops being synchronized.

Speed112
12-22-2008, 01:37 AM
yeah it is really annoying, YENKO the closeup is usually when the unit gives high dmg or crit or something and it is just plain stupid :| disrupts the flow and just doesnt look good. And the hight speed is even worse than this.

lauvhk
12-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Did I miss something here? After changing the animation speed from normal to high, there is no more closeup again. There is also no synchronization issue as mentioned by Hento.

I am still using version 1.6b7 (Build 34206) if it matters.

Hento
12-23-2008, 02:41 AM
it is just plain stupid :| disrupts the flow and just doesnt look good. And the hight speed is even worse than this.

Exactly, I hope the new patch will add the option to disable closeups. Normal combat view and graphics are perfectly fine as is, animation is above standard actually.

Hento
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Has anybody made a mod for this, it really ruins the combat view...

Hento
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Maybe you should move this topic to mod subforum.
This would probably be the easiest mod to make, just adding a feature that disables closeups in high speed combat to normal speed.

Hento
02-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Is this going to get fixed or not?

megajon
02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
ya, you sure did post this under the wrong forum.. just repost it in mods and tech support.