PDA

View Full Version : MOD enhanced SPIRIT for hard and impossible mode!!

saikathos
12-17-2008, 03:20 PM
http://saikathos.uuuq.com/enhancedSPIRIT.rar

try this mod..hope you enjoy it..:grin:

Keneth
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
How exactly is this a mod? It's just all lua and txt game files inside a folder, you could at least take the trouble to put the files you've changed inside a KFS archive seeing how there's no instructions or meaningful changelog included. Assuming this is your handiwork, if it's not, point me to the author so I can flame him instead. :mrgreen:

bman654
12-18-2008, 03:49 AM
I'd like a little more info than "enhanced spirit". What does that mean? Do they do more damage? Cost less rage? rest less? Any details would be appreciated.

saikathos
12-18-2008, 03:57 AM
i included a readme txt file in the rar archive..the only works i've included here are rage and mana bonuses and the camera changes by spamm..because those are the mods who work under ver 1.6b7..i didnt get a chance to upgrade to ver 1.7 coz of an error appearing everytime i try to install the patch (gamersgate & nobilis)

you can extract this at the ..\sessions\base (that makes it a ses folder inside the base folder)

now, it tends to override the ses.kfs without even putting scripts to connect the game to the mod. It happened when i was playing the game and modified the files contained in base\ses folder. No need to restart the game, you only need to levelup the spirit skills or hero or aquire new item, it automatically updates the game inside.

since it overrides the files in ses.ksf, the only thing i included in the package are those files i created changes with..and the changelog is included in the readme file

here are some changes:

spirit damage
spirit exp faster acquisition (my hero is lvl 12 and my spirit zerock is lvl 15)
wifes different bonus
child (if you marry feanora, you will get only children who have good bonuses..)
item enhancement
box rune bonus( if you get a chance to open a box and you luckly got a rune might,mind,or magic instead of +1 i made it to +4 since you "rarely" get a chance to get one..

thats all..

wana test those mods like kb and those translated from russia..so i can create a new mod with new units.. but i can't (T__T) guess i'll play another game after this..

saikathos
12-18-2008, 04:01 AM
and one more thing..

finish the game first before you play this mod..

the spirit boost its damage drastically evertime you levelup the specific skill of the spirit

saikathos
12-18-2008, 04:11 AM
yeah! thanks keneth!! i've downloaded ur arch...zip i was hoping to read the file contained in an atom file..where the parameters are stored...gues i can create a new unit or skills..the only prob is..how to include the new unit in the game..any idea where the class is stored??

just open it in rar and i have no idea the atom file can be viewd as plain text..because the last time i open it..it was encrypted

Lestas
12-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Hrmmm...imba
for hard and impossible mode
why not to switch to Easy? if you want to play with fast exp for spirits, lots of runes and so on.

saikathos
12-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Hrmmm...imba

why not to switch to Easy? if you want to play with fast exp for spirits, lots of runes and so on.

>>i hate playing games in easy ahahha
>>but it did become easy in the later portion of the story
>>im not good at strategy thats why i came up with this mod..while playing

>>im currently studying your mod (army of darkness)..and im hoping to create new units out of it..knights,dragon and swordsman

Gatts
12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Actually I am sure that on impossible the spririts gain XP much faster... as the XP ratio is based on enemy strength -> hence they receive more XP compared to easy/normal...

Anyway -> I will try this mod... sounds alluring (I love to make my impossible play somehow easier... I am no "super duper" player :)

saikathos
12-18-2008, 12:15 PM
man lestas is a good coder! ;)

im now making chaos knight,chaos swordsman..and blue ice dragon hehehe and their corresponding skills..

Keneth
12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm with Lestas on this one, if you enhance your stuff so you can play harder difficulties easier then there's no point in playing harder difficulties because they're not. Here's a thought, reverse the names of difficulty stages, that way you can play "impossible" and don't have to make any changes to the game. :P

saikathos
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm with Lestas on this one, if you enhance your stuff so you can play harder difficulties easier then there's no point in playing harder difficulties because they're not. Here's a thought, reverse the names of difficulty stages, that way you can play "impossible" and don't have to make any changes to the game. :P

nope there is a slight difference..
>>you play hard for the first part..
>>you think when and who to fight to conserve money and soldiers
>>the items and scrolls are random generated so, you can't expect to
play the game again having the same start-up magic scrolls that
makes it harder to play the game.
>>set a goal, to levlup the desired spirit to aide in a battle like
final fantasy the Guardian Force or so called..

well i can't argue on it. im not really a good strategy forecaster, i tend to imbalance the game using powerful Spirits.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
It appears I am the only one who gets a Lina charges bug with this mod. Using Atari patched to 1.6.5 was scratching my head wondering why Lina doesnt appear when summoned and thought ah..must be the mod.