PDA

View Full Version : If anyone understands Russian...

Thingo
12-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Looks like there is something here near the bottom of the page
http://forum.netbynet.ru/index.php?showtopic=80106

Anton Yudintsev
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Looks like there is something here near the bottom of the page
http://forum.netbynet.ru/index.php?showtopic=80106

Translation (close to text, but with corrected grammar :) )
I was on Igromir http://www.igromir-expo.ru/ (The game was presented there in playable version - Anton)

I've played in IL-2: Birds of Prey for about an hour an a half.
Graphics - was super, new damaging model - excellent, ground objects - shocking (was obscene slang here, meaning it is very good), everything is very detailed and realistic, they've really doing a great job on that.
Detalisation of planes as good as it was earlier (More shadows, highlights, etc), in cockpit also. Of course, it is players opinion. Actually planes are much more detailed, as everyone can see on screenshots and trailers - but I am only translating.

Huge minus - everything is happening on Xbox360, and there is no even flightstick, so I had to fight wit that freaking Xbox360 gamepad - that's why I played on Simplified settings (Arcade).

But in general - I like the game very much, have spent one hour in killing Messerchmits playing on I-16 (so-called ishak, slang name of the plane), than tried IL-2, and in the end - on Spitfire.

SlappyDingle
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Very cool. There is simply NOT enough info or media about this game...

Buggins
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM

I agree.

Anton, perhaps you could elaborate on why there have been three trailers released but none have appeared on Xbox Live? Is this because Microsoft has not approved the game yet? :confused:The game would benefit greatly if it was showcased on Xbox Marketplace.

GabeFan
12-15-2008, 09:43 PM

Yes...I've watched all the video & trailers on YouTube about 20 times each and I just wish there was MORE!!!

I would love to see some more in-cockpit footage.

Thingo
12-16-2008, 05:13 AM
He has a link to what seems like some gameplay footage there, but i cant access it.

Вот видео с демонстрационного диска 1С который на стенде у них взял ftp://neptune.degunino.net/uploads/main/30_days/Il-2 Birds of Prey.exe

Maybe a password is on the page somewhere.

Nike-it
12-16-2008, 05:58 AM
He has a link to what seems like some gameplay footage there, but i cant access it.

Вот видео с демонстрационного диска 1С который на стенде у них взял ftp://neptune.degunino.net/uploads/main/30_days/Il-2 Birds of Prey.exe

Maybe a password is on the page somewhere.

This video was already published here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=57992&postcount=14

Thingo
12-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought he might of had some interesting camera footage or something.

Anton Yudintsev
12-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I agree.

Anton, perhaps you could elaborate on why there have been three trailers released but none have appeared on Xbox Live? Is this because Microsoft has not approved the game yet? :confused:The game would benefit greatly if it was showcased on Xbox Marketplace.

Because it's too early.
1C starts some promotion (trailers, announce, previews) of the game earlier for more hardcore audience.
But there, of course, will be trailers on Xbox Marketplace, and everything like this - a bit later.

guiltyspark
12-16-2008, 07:38 PM
lol at pc gamers being so "elite" that they cant play a game on a game controller :grin:

Anyway

Anton you guys really need to involve the community some more in the game.

Stuff like a beta on XBOX live marketplace so we can help test your net code and give good feedback

not to mention it would give you a MASSIVE publicity boost

Anton Yudintsev
12-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Anyway

Anton you guys really need to involve the community some more in the game.

Stuff like a beta on XBOX live marketplace so we can help test your net code and give good feedback

not to mention it would give you a MASSIVE publicity boost

It's simply too early. I guess, there will be demo on Marketplace, prior to release, etc, etc.

guiltyspark
12-17-2008, 02:02 AM
It's simply too early. I guess, there will be demo on Marketplace, prior to release, etc, etc.

really?
that is fantastic news

as long as its before release you can recieve alot more attention from gamers

gamers love developers that are confident enough with their products to let people try them out first :cool:

Buggins
12-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks again for your replies Anton. I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum who appreciate your essential tidbits of information.

By the way, I'm in New Zealand and there is a world renowned warbirds group here who have restored 5 Polikarpov I-16s to original flying condition. The planes were all sourced from Russia (of course) and it is simply breathtaking to see them fly. Tricky aircraft to land! Anton, I was wondering if the Russian aviation community knows much about this, as they are the only flying examples in the world, so there must be a huge sense of pride to see those tough little fighters in the air again. Can't wait to fly one myself in Birds of Prey.

Anton Yudintsev
12-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks again for your replies Anton. I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum who appreciate your essential tidbits of information.

By the way, I'm in New Zealand and there is a world renowned warbirds group here who have restored 5 Polikarpov I-16s to original flying condition. The planes were all sourced from Russia (of course) and it is simply breathtaking to see them fly. Tricky aircraft to land! Anton, I was wondering if the Russian aviation community knows much about this, as they are the only flying examples in the world, so there must be a huge sense of pride to see those tough little fighters in the air again.

Actually, the main Russian aviation community forum is somehow down for last two months, and I don't have enough time to check others.
So I don't know.

But your news are fantastic! Great job!!

Kirill Yudintsev
02-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Great job! I would like to see it by my own eyes!