PDA

View Full Version : Anton, schedule/timeline to release

Tomo
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi anton,

Are you able to provide a comprehensive list of milestones that need to be reached all the way through to actual store release in rough chronicological order?

Also, I think now is the time to start stepping up your marketing campaign. What better way than to announce a (tentative) release date?

Let's make this game as successful as possible - I don't want to see it fly under the radar. :cool:

Buggins
12-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi anton,

Are you able to provide a comprehensive list of milestones that need to be reached all the way through to actual store release in rough chronicological order?

Also, I think now is the time to start stepping up your marketing campaign. What better way than to announce a (tentative) release date?

Let's make this game as successful as possible - I don't want to see it fly under the radar. :cool:

This is probably more of a publisher's concern. Anton has estimated the game will be finished around the end of Q1, but I do agree that marketing this game properly is essential. I'd love to see the trailers on Xbox Live for example.

Tomo
12-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Hmm, I thought the publishers role really kicked in once a game had gone gold?

Anyway, I'm very excited to play this game and really hope it is released qtr 1 here in Australia.

Anton Yudintsev
12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Hmm, I thought the publishers role really kicked in once a game had gone gold?

Anyway, I'm very excited to play this game and really hope it is released qtr 1 here in Australia.

It won't be released in Q1 anywhere.
The game will be ready in Q1-Q2 (different platforms).
But, of course, there are also platformholder's approves, manufacturing, etc/
Console games need _at least_ one month (realistically - two) prior actual release after RC1.

Guys, exact date will be announce as soon as we've got BETA version for Xbox360. And it will be soon.

Anton Yudintsev
12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi anton,

I don't think it'll be helpful.
And I am sure, it's confidential :)

Publisher will take care of it. We can only provide needed information/assets.

Me either.

Tomo
12-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Anton, thanks very much for the replies. It's great that someone so close to the development can be here to discuss the game.

I can appreciate that you are required to keep a lot of stuff confidential.

I'm going to "read between the lines" and assume that the Xbox 360 has been easier and faster to develop for.

Thanks again and goold luck for the next 3 months.

Just for fun - i am guessing a release date for the 360 version between 15th-30th April 2009.

Tomo

Anton Yudintsev
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm going to "read between the lines" and assume that the Xbox 360 has been easier and faster to develop for.

There is no much secret - that's just because we have started from Xbox 360 version. That's why PS3 version is a little bit behind.

Thanks again and goold luck for the next 3 months.

Thanks a lot!

Just for fun - i am guessing a release date for the 360 version between 15th-30th April 2009.

All versions will be released simultaneously, in any case :)
I am sure there will be official announce of release date in January/February.

GabeFan
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
All versions will be released simultaneously, in any case :)
I am sure there will be official announce of release date in January/February.

Thanks for the info Anton!!

I can't wait for this game to be released in North America!! I will be buying a PS3 specifically to play this game. I have been waiting for a realistic WW2 combat flight sim on a console system for years.

Thanks for all of your great work and the best of luck with the completion of the game.

Kurt
Racine, Wisconsin USA