PDA

View Full Version : Request: no camera shake

ztorm
12-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I play a lot of different games and always turn "camera shake" effects off whenever it's possible... Quickly "bouncing" camera moves that supposedly mimic the impact of tremors and shockwaves only hurt my eyes and never improve immersion into any game (imho). :evil:

So, is it possible to somehow deactivate this effect in KB through modding/hacking the game ? I find camera shake during Zerock's rockfall to be particularly annoying, so it'd be good for starters. ;)

Keneth
12-06-2008, 10:05 PM
If it can't be done in the game preferences, first check the INI files in the data folder and if you can't find anything there then try looking inside Zerock's files, probably inside ses.kfs or data.kfs, files with "therock" in their names. I'll take a look when I get home and see if I can find anything.

bman654
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
most of the rage attacks are scripted in special_attacks.lua or spell_attacks.lua or similar I don't remember exactly which lua file it is. Most likely you'll need to edit the script to remove the shake call (or maybe even find the shake function (if it is a lua script function) and no-op it).

Lestas
12-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Camera shake effect is scripted within:
* all magic .atom files (lightning, armageddon etc.)
* spirits of rage .atom files
* some special attacks files
* creatures files (cyclops for example)

So to remove camera shake effect...you need to edit all of these files manually (not recommended). When you install a new patch you'll need to edit 'em again to avoid errors.

ztorm
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Many thanks, you guys saved me a lot of research time :grin: Too bad it sounds so complicated... I'll see what I can do...

Keneth
12-08-2008, 02:01 PM
It's not all that complicated, there's just blocks of code that you need to remove or alter, shouldn't be hard even if you know nothing about scripts.

Here's an example of the code you're looking for:
camshaker {
frame=30
envelope=quake_appear.envlp
attenuation=0.1
}

I'm guessing that removing these blocks should do the trick. You could also try changing the attenuation value, I'm not sure which but it probably defines either the peak or the length of the shaking.