PDA

View Full Version : We've got company...

SlappyDingle
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43334.html#comments_top

Thoughts...?

guiltyspark
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM
its only competition if 1c games decides to completely forget about western gamers and continues its terrible PR campaign that doesnt exist ( generic trailers showing a bunch of planes flying around with terrible music )

they need to show high quality videos of the developers demonstrating this game now....

Most importantly , they need to show these things....

1. This video needs to show both the casual style of play , and the deepest most hardcore style of play and how that effects gameplay for the player.

2. They need to show the technology they are implementing into the engine.

3. they need to show that this game will have decent multiplayer that will keep gamers not only playing the game , but telling freinds that dont have the game about how fun it is playing with freinds.

4. They need to show a veriety of aircraft and locations in the video

If those things can be accomplished in a single or series of videos , this game will have great sales and possibly even a big fan following of flight simulators on consoles (which is HUGELY important!)

Buggins
12-06-2008, 10:26 PM
its only competition if 1c games decides to completely forget about western gamers and continues its terrible PR campaign that doesnt exist ( generic trailers showing a bunch of planes flying around with terrible music )

they need to show high quality videos of the developers demonstrating this game now....

Most importantly , they need to show these things....

1. This video needs to show both the casual style of play , and the deepest most hardcore style of play and how that effects gameplay for the player.

2. They need to show the technology they are implementing into the engine.

3. they need to show that this game will have decent multiplayer that will keep gamers not only playing the game , but telling freinds that dont have the game about how fun it is playing with freinds.

4. They need to show a veriety of aircraft and locations in the video

If those things can be accomplished in a single or series of videos , this game will have great sales and possibly even a big fan following of flight simulators on consoles (which is HUGELY important!)

I totally agree. Well said.

Tomo
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow that game looks *awful*.

Still, as the smart guys above have already said - with a better marketing campaign this inferior game could sell in far larger numbers.

I feel it is vital that birds of prey is released first.

GabeFan
12-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I have "Heroes of the Pacific" for the PS2 and it's a fun game, but it's just too arcade like. There are not enough simulation aspects of the game to make it interesting enough for repeat plays. At least it has a cockpit view...

I will give them credit for creating this WW2 flight game! The more the better. I'm sure I'll buy "Heroes Over Europe" (as I can't resist WW2 flying games), but the game I'm really excited about is "Birds of Prey"!!! BOP just looks more realistic and historically accurate.

guiltyspark
12-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow that game looks *awful*.

Still, as the smart guys above have already said - with a better marketing campaign this inferior game could sell in far larger numbers.

I feel it is vital that birds of prey is released first.

honestly i dont care when BOP releases

as long as i have people to play online with and there is good gameplay i would take a 2010 release

GOZR
12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm tired of Battle of Britain already.. waiting for Korea..

GabeFan
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Here is some more gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agmi0Wwce-Q

I still have yet to see any in-cockpit views with this game. The previous game "Heroes of the Pacific" had cockpit view, so I'm assuming this will too?

GabeFan
02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Looks like this game's future is uncertain. :(

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6204793.html

Sin City, Heroes Over Europe in limbo
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpotPosted Feb 17, 2009 3:01 pm PT
SEC filing reveals Red Mile Entertainment too broke to publish graphic-novel adaptation, WWII air-combat sim.

In May 2007, Red Mile Entertainment acquired the rights to publish games based on Sin City graphic novels, which director Robert Rodriguez adapted into a popular 2005 film. Since then, the project has remained largely under wraps, resurfacing when the San Francisco Bay Area company announced it was restructuring last March. It made headlines again in August, when Red Mile revealed it had replaced the game's developer, Australia-based Transmission Entertainment, with a new, unnamed outfit.

Transmission did stay on, however, as developer of the World War II flight sim Heroes Over Europe, which Atari was to publish later this year. However, according to a filing made this morning with the Securities and Exchange Commission, both companies ended their respective deals with Red Mile last Wednesday. Red Mile admits that Transmission (referred to by its old name, IR Gurus, in the form) ended its agreement due to nonpayment of $281,000 in "software development and licensing."

Conversely, Red Mile is disputing the undisclosed grounds for Atari's termination of the Heroes Over Europe deal. It claims the France-based Ghostbusters publisher "ceased making milestone payments to [Red Mile] which has had a material and adverse effect on the company's ability to continue operations."

Unfortunately, it now appears that the Atari cancellation's effect may be so adverse that neither Sin City nor Heroes Over Europe will ever see the light of day. As part of the SEC filing, Red Mile revealed that its finances imploded during the last quarter of 2008. Its revenues plummeted from $5.7 million during the fourth quarter of 2007 to barely over $47,000 for the three months ending December 31 the following year. (On the flip side, the company's net quarterly loss shrank from $2.8 million to $500,724.)

Despite the smaller loss, Red Mile admits it is too broke to continue on alone. "We anticipate needing an additional $10,000,000 to finance our planned operations over the next 24 to 36 months," the company said as part of the filing's forward-looking statements. "We will be unable to complete development of Heroes Over Europe and Sin City: The Game (working title), or publish any other additional games if we are unable to receive copublishing advances on both the foregoing titles or raise additional capital through either sale of securities or issuance of debt."