PDA

View Full Version : Army of Darkness

Lestas
12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3924/aodmodwm5.jpg
Hi all :) I'm developing a mod that adds new artifact and units to the game. These units can be transfromed from usual ones by using so called "Forbidden Book". So here's the list:

Archmages >> Adepts of Darkness
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6824/darkmagesv1.th.jpg (http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6824/darkmagesv1.jpg)
They are using dark powers to create Evilins from the dead bodies of their victims, mysterious blobs of pure darkness.
Abilities: create Evilins, summon Darklings (creatures made of shadows), attack with magic (Dark Star), consume Evilins to double the power of dark star (per Evilin collected), decrease defense.
Alchemists >> Demolishers
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3222/evildwarffy3.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3222/evildwarffy3.jpg)
Wicked alchemists. They've sold their souls to obtain great powers and knowledge.
Abilities: explosive bulb, deadly water (bulb), summon Bombram (Bomb+Ram: mechanical creatures powered by dark energy. They explode when stop near the enemy troops causing high damage)
Shamans >> Ritualists
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6001/evilorcox1.th.jpg (http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6001/evilorcox1.jpg)
High shamans who betrayed their clans to claim the power of spirits.
Abilities: ranged attack causing fear (target steps sway to a nearest free hex), Ice Prison (weak ranged attack that surrounds a target with ice needles), Fire Quake (7hex fire-based attack), Lightning barrier (attacks all cells adjacent to target friendly unit), SACRIFICE (you must have some Adepts of Darkness with AP>0 to activate this skill. Spiritist and Adept summon skeletons around the target friendly unit and sacrifice it to Darkness. And darkness grants help to your army giving you reinforcements (adds troops to existing units from Army of Darkness). The more HP victim had and the more free cells were around it to summon skeletons - the more units would be summoned)
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9782/deathcallta3.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9782/deathcallta3.jpg)
Dryads >> Ice Nymphs
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6465/evildryadev4.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6465/evildryadev4.jpg)
Cold heart under cold skin.
Abilities: Summon thorns (icy thorns), Song of Shiva (attacks all nemies and freezes 'em, 50% chance to freeze ally troops), Lullaby

Now you can download the mod from this forum.
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/459/aodmodru8.jpg (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=482&stc=1&d=1228475090)

KBMaster (by NyRe) which is required for Army of Darkness mod is also uploaded here. English version of the Interface mod is included.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3317/aodmodgf9.jpg (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=481&stc=1&d=1228475090)

Nike-it
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
It will be great if you translate it (will be glad to help). By the way, this mod is for version 1.7?

Lestas
12-03-2008, 11:25 AM
yup, this mod is made for KB 1.7

Gatts
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
o gosh, it looks GREAT!

if it would work, I would play it even untranslated...

The only thing that could possibly beat this MOD would be "HOMM"-ilize KB - so you would own your own castle (where you would choose type of castle) - so player (me...) would be able to hire undead army from the beginning.

(I was thinking to create half-way mod of changing the type of creatures in Mark's castle - but still it won't be mine castle - no feel of "home")

Great job Lestas!

EDIT: I would love to have Selletons instead of thorns summoned... they may not be human, but even plants live (or create even "undead/evil" version of thorns... )

Lestas
12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Deathchill Thorns are frozen lifeless beings summoned by Ice Nymphs. And they can summon skeletons from the dead bodies (just like usual thorns summon thorns). I think that icy thorns suit Ice Nymphs much more then rotten ones.

Gatts
12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Deathchill Thorns are frozen lifeless beings summoned by Ice Nymphs. And they can summon skeletons from the dead bodies (just like usual thorns summon thorns). I think that icy thorns suit Ice Nymphs much more then rotten ones.

That works! :) [I got just confused as the summon button looked the same as in original - at least on first sight]

Lestas
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Umm...*shy* the only thing in the list I didn't finish at this moment is Nymp's summon. So their icon look the same as usual "Summon Thorns". I'll finish 'em this night. The translation would be ready (with couple of mistakes :D ) this night too.

Keneth
12-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Post the language files and we'll fix them, there's a lot of us here with a good knowledge of English. :)

Gatts
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Some of us may even translate it into Swiss or Balkan secret/hidden languages

Lestas
12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
mod_army_of_dark_name=Army of Darkness
mod_army_of_dark_author=Lestas

itm_death_manual_name=Forbidden Book
itm_death_manual_taken=^?^
itm_death_manual_minfo=^?^
itm_death_manual_mhint=^?^
itm_death_manual_info=^?^Using this book you can reveal any secrets and misteries of the world. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.
itm_death_manual_hint=^?^Ancient book of forbidden knowledge.<br><br>[sys]Usage:<br>[d]transforms Archmages into Adepts of Darkness [u](you must have Archmages in your army)<br>[d]transforms Alchemists into Demolishers[u](you must have Alchemists in your army).<br>[d]transforms Orc Shamans into Ritualists[u](you must have Shamans in your army)<br>[d]transforms Dryads into Ice Nymphs [u](you must have Dryads in your Army)<br>[d]Transforms one kind of units per use

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dwarfrost=Frost Needles
cpn_darkmage=Adept of Darkness
cpsn_darkmage=Adepts of Darkness
cpn_dark=Darkling
cpsn_dark=Darklings
cpn_evilgenius=Demolisher
cpsn_evilgenius=Demolishers
cpn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Ram
cpsn_kamikaze_ram=Bomb-o-Rams
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist
cpsn_spiritist=Ritualists
cpn_hint_dwarfrost=Frost Needles

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to teach your troops, giving their souls to Darkness?<br><br>(Usually there are only half of the troops who survive the Initiation Ritual)
soulmaster_header=^def_hint_t0^Soul Lord
soulmaster_hint=^def_hint_t1^Killing an enemy they split their souls and bodies turning their corpses into Evilins. Adepts can use Evilins in their dark rituals.
resurrect_header=^def_hint_t0^Sold the Soul
resurrect_hint=^def_hint_t1^Their souls are taken by Darkness when they die and their bodies would turn to Evilins.
dark_header=^def_hint_t0^Darkborn
dark_hint=^def_hint_t1^Born by Darkness, Darks are immune to poisons and astral, but they are vulnerable to fire and light. Their defense drops to 1 in daytime, bright sun will cause deadly damage.<br>Killing enemy troops, Darks will born a Evilin.

ev_kamikaze_header=^def_hint_t0^Walking bomb
ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops near an enemy unit it explodes dealing damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_mechanical_header=^def_hint_t0^Mechanical
ev_mechanical_hint=^def_hint_t1^Can move only in a straight direction. Ignores traps. Immune to magic and Mind, Plague and some other effects.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Creation of Darkness
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^Mechanism using the power of Evilin. After its destruction a Evilin will be left at the battlefield.

spirit_master_header=^def_hint_t0^Spirit master
spirit_master_hint=^def_hint_t1^Attacks by a spiritual energy. Creatures non-immune to mind attacks driven by the evil spirits will step away from the place they are standing.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Bulb
special_blast_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units burning them.

special_dark_bulb_name=Death Water
special_dark_bulb_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units poisoning them.

special_summon_ram_name=Create a Bomb-o-Ram
special_summon_ram_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_summon_ram_hint=^special_t^Creates a few kamikaze rams.

special_shiva_song_name=Song of Shiva
special_shiva_song_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Deals 1-2 damage to all enemies and freezes them. Allied troops have 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_name=Ice Prison
special_ice_jail_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Deals 8-11 physical damage to selected enemy, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes firy creatures.

special_fire_disaster_name=Fire Disaster
special_fire_disaster_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_name=Lightning Barrier
special_lightning_barrier_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Deals 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit shocking them by a small chance.

cpi_driad_feat=Undead, Soars, No retaliation, Beauty, Charms, Sold the Soul.
cpi_spiritist_feat=Undead, Spirit Master, Sold the Soul.
cpi_evilgenius_feat=Undead, Acid Cannon, No melee penalty, Sold the Soul.
cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Creation of Darkness.
cpi_darkmage_feat=Undead, Magical defense, Vampirism, Soul Lord, Sold the Soul.
cpi_darkwarrior_feat=Undead, Phantom, Vampirism, Insane, Darkborn.

special_zlogn_name=Dark Ritual
special_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of living being to Darkness. Summoning Evilin a piece of pure Darkness.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darks, the warriors of Darkness almost invincible for enemies, but not for light.
sw_zlogn=There are no evilins or corpses to start the Ritual.

special_decay_name=Dark Reign
special_decay_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_decay_small=^special_t^Defense is lowered to 1.
special_decay_hint=^special_t^Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemy more vulnerable for attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defence becomes equal 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on ally Adept:</color><br>Selected Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, smpowering his magic. No charges will be used, each consumed Evilin will give an addititonal charge.

special_dark_name=Dark Star
special_dark_head=^special_tC^[Bad]
special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil dealing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star grows twice with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin causing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin
effect_zlogn_head=^special_tC^[Good]
effect_zlogn_small=^special_t^Evilins collected: <gen=gen_zlogn_count>.

special_darkway_name=Dark Way
special_darkway_head=^special_tC^[Good]
special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of the world Darks can cross 3-4 hexes in a moment.

w8ing for your edit :)

Keneth
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I must say you did a good job with the translations, I've noticed a few spelling errors and some of it could use a bit of grammatical touch-up (punctuation and word order in some places). Other than that there are some artistic considerations of note, for instance renaming Darks into something else, for instance Darklings, Terrors, Wraiths or something in that manner, and maybe Spiritists into Ritualists or Summoners. Also, I don't know what Zlogns are but it sounds funny and the name doesn't really "roll off the tongue" (like schlong or something). :mrgreen:

I'll give it a more thorough look later when I find the time if someone doesn't beat me to it. :)

Lestas
12-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Darklings if U wish. Zlogns are....umm...quest items in Ellinia (elven land) those dark purple thingies. You can feed 'em to a small funny animal (quest-item)....they are called Zlogns in Russian :)

btw the icy thorns are almost ready...i'm trying to apply a specular map to the model...it's the only reason of delay

Keneth
12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh, I had a feeling it was that, I think they're called Evilins in English.

Lestas
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Sadly there's no way to add spec_mask to a model for now. So the icy thorn is far from perfect. But it's ready :) Now...compressing textures and voila

KingNothing
12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
can u make one for the 1,6,5 version

i can't play with the 1,7

plz dude

Lestas
12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
ummm...1.6.5 wasn't released in Russia ^_^ we have 1.6.4-->1.7

So I'll request a few files from someone on this forum to get a look at them. Probably 1.6.5 (Atari version) is the same that 1.7.0 (Nobilis version) in its scripting part. If it's true then you'll be able to use mod for v1.7. If not...I'll make it for both for 1.7 and 1.6.5

4 modders: this mod uses KBMaster (credits to NyRe). A compatibility mod that allows to use multiple mods with files replacement (arena.lua, spells.lua etc.) so...I'll describe it later.

Keneth
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
1.6.5 and 1.7 should be the same

Lestas
12-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Finally finished v1.2.1 of my mod :) Now it's time to sleep a bit. Still waiting for someone's edit ;)

Gatts
12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I tried my best - but stil I feel that
1.) you did pretty well
2.) I did not always knew what exactly you are describing so I could mis-understood your original though

“Using hidden ways of the world Darks can cross 3-4 hexes in a moment”
You wanted to say : “ using hidden ways of Dark World can pass 3-4 hexes at once.” ?
Or:
“Using secret word of Dark can pass 3-4 hexes at once.” ?

also there should be added "he/it/she is can pass..."

mod_army_of_dark_author=Lestas

itm_death_manual_name=Forbidden Book
itm_death_manual_taken=Forsaken Book
itm_death_manual_minfo=Cursed Book
itm_death_manual_mhint=Book of Death
itm_death_manual_info=By using this book you can reveal all secrets and mysteries of the underworld. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.
itm_death_manual_hint=Ancient book of forbidden knowledge.<br><br>[sys]Usage:<br>[d]transforms Archmages into Adepts of Darkness [u](you must have Archmages in your army)<br>[d]transforms Alchemists into Demolishers[u](you must have Alchemists in your army).<br>[d]transforms Orc Shamans into Ritualists[u](you must have Shamans in your army)<br>[d]transforms Dryads into Ice Nymphs [u](you must have Dryads in your Army)<br>[d]Transforms one kind of units per use

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dark=Darkling //Shadow Servant? or Stalker?
cpsn_dark=Darklings
cpn_evilgenius=Demolisher /or Destroyer? Or Armageddonist?
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist
cpn_hint_dwarfrost=Frost Needles // Soul eaters? – the coldness penetrates all armor and inflict direct damage to the victim’s soul :)

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to teach your troops, giving their souls to Darkness?<br><br>(Usually only half of the troops survive the Initiation Ritual)
soulmaster_hint=^def_hint_t1^Killing an enemy they split their souls and bodies turning their corpses into Evilins. Adepts can use Evilins in their dark rituals.
resurrect_hint=^def_hint_t1^Their souls are taken by Darkness when they die and their bodies would turn to Evilins.
dark_hint=^def_hint_t1^Born by Darkness, Darks are immune to poisons and astral, but they are vulnerable to fire and light. Their defense drops to 1 in daytime, bright sun will cause deadly damage.<br>Killing enemy troops, Darks will born a Evilin.

ev_kamikaze_header=^def_hint_t0^Walking bomb // or Semtex Soul ? or Ka-boom Curse?
ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops near an enemy unit it explodes dealing damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_mechanical_hint=^def_hint_t1^Can move only in a straight direction. Ignores traps. Immune to magic and Mind, Plague and some other effects.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Creation of Darkness // Spawn of Darkness, Spawn of Hell? Or “Death Machine”?
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^Mechanism using the power of Evilin. After its destruction a Evilin will be left at the battlefield.

spirit_master_hint=^def_hint_t1^Attacks by a spiritual energy. Creatures non-immune to mind attacks driven by the evil spirits will step away from the place they are standing.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Bulb // well, BULB evokes for me harmless light bulb – but as I don’t know what was your original intend/ picture , I can’t suggest much here
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units with burning effects.

special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units causing poison.

special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Deals 1-2 damage to all enemies with freezes effect. Allied troops have only 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Deals 8-11 physical damage to target, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Deals 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit possibly shocking them.

cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Creation of Darkness.

special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of living being to Darkness. Summoning Evilin a piece of pure Darkness.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darks, the almost invincible warriors of Darkness, but with weakness to Light.

special_decay_hint=^special_t^Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemy more vulnerable for attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defense becomes equal 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on ally Adept:</color><br>Selected Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, empowering his magic. No charges will be used, each consumed Evilin will give an addititonal charge.

special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil dealing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin causing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin

special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of the world Darks can cross 3-4 hexes in a moment.

w8ing for your edit - just replied

Lestas
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
mod_army_of_dark_author=Lestas, Ayven

itm_death_manual_name=^?^Forsaken Book
itm_death_manual_info=^?^By using this book you can reveal all secrets and mysteries of the underworld. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.
itm_death_manual_hint=^?^Ancient book of forbidden knowledge.<br><br>[sys]Usage:<br>[d]transforms Archmages into Adepts of Darkness [u](you must have Archmages in your army)<br>[d]transforms Alchemists into Demolishers[u](you must have Alchemists in your army).<br>[d]transforms Orc Shamans into Ritualists[u](you must have Shamans in your army)<br>[d]transforms Dryads into Ice Nymphs [u](you must have Dryads in your Army)<br>[d]Transforms one kind of units per use

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dark=Darkling
cpsn_dark=Darklings
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to teach your troops, giving their souls to Darkness?<br><br>(Usually only half of the troops survive the Initiation Ritual)

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Spawn of Darkness

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Fluid
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units with burning effects.

special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units causing poison.

special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Deals 1-2 damage to all enemies with freezes effect. Allied troops have only 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Deals 8-11 physical damage to target, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Deals 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit possibly shocking them.

cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Spawn of Darkness.

special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of living being to Darkness. Summoning Evilin a piece of pure Darkness.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darks, the almost invincible warriors of Darkness, but with weakness to Light.

special_decay_hint=^special_t^Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemy more vulnerable for attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defense becomes equal 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on ally Adept:</color><br>Selected Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, empowering his magic. No charges will be used, each consumed Evilin will give an addititonal charge.

special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil dealing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin causing <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin

special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of Dark World, Darklings can pass 3-4 hexes at once.

umm....i'll post both KBMaster (needed to launch the mod) and ArmyOfDarkness in this post in an hour. So please check features names and post the correct ones here.

Gatts
12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
By "features names" do you mean if the original KB names are intact with the ENG KB version - or if your new names are fine / making sense?

Sorry, I am little bit confused now...

Lestas
12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I mean...original features names. I don't have english features list yet. ^_^

btw...english .lng files are started with "eng_"?

Gatts
12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Ok, for the original feature names - I am not sure I know them so well from memory, I have ENG manual - which is sadly Google-translated (so the names do not coorespond with the original ENG game)

I don't have the game installed now...(but maybe I will install it at work - it's worth the risk of being cought by boss muahahaha)

so even for your "file" questions I'll need to install it first....

Lestas
12-04-2008, 08:38 AM
File Name : KBMaster_1.0_base_for_1.7.zip
File Size : 290KB
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/l4e5s4h9x9

File Name : mod_17_master_114_armyofdark.zip
File Size : 1321KB
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/i6f1k7o3v0

plz someone dl 'em and reply here if it works in english version. Also i ask you to check features names and write the correct ones here (if the mod works ;) )

Gatts
12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
File Size : 290KB
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/l4e5s4h9x9

Download link : http://www.driveway.com/i6f1k7o3v0

plz someone dl 'em and reply here if it works in english version. Also i ask you to check features names and write the correct ones here (if the mod works ;) )

I would love to, but I have your URL "smartfiltered" at work...

BTW - here is example of one LNG file: "eng_battle.lng"

Nike-it
12-04-2008, 08:52 AM

itm_death_manual_info=^?^By using this book you can reveal all secrets and mysteries of the underworld. But the price is your soul. Only the strongest ones can survive the ritual of Darkness.

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dark=Darkling
cpsn_dark=Darklings
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist

ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops near an enemy unit it explodes inflicting damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Spawn of Darkness
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^Mechanism using the power of Evilin. After its destruction an Evilin will be left at the battlefield.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Fluid
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units with burning effects.

special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^ Inflicts 10-30 astral damage to target and nearby units causing poison.

special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 1-2 damage to all enemies with freezes effect. Allied troops have only 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 8-11 physical damage to target, surrounding him with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 16-27 fire damage to target and nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 25-30 magical damage to all creatures around selected ally unit possibly shocking them.

cpi_driad_feat=Undead, Soaring, No retaliation, Beauty, Charm, Sold the Soul.
cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Spawn of Darkness.
cpi_darkmage_feat=Undead, Magic Protection, Vampirism, Soul Lord, Sold the Soul.

sw_zlogn=There are no Evilins or corpses to start the Ritual.

special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes enemy with a star of pure evil inflicting <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of star doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened Star will burn one of the collected Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin inflicting <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin

special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Using hidden ways of Dark World, Darklings can pass 3-4 hexes at once.

Some remarks in the text (mostly unit features)

Lestas
12-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Have you tested it? :)

Keneth
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I see I was already beaten to the punch so I'm just going to make some minor edits to the last version (by Nike-It).

itm_death_manual_info=^?^By using this book you can reveal the darkest secrets and mysteries of the Underworld but the price of doing so is your soul. Only the strongest can survive the Ritual of Darkness.

cpn_driad=Ice Nymph
cpsn_driad=Ice Nymphs
cpn_dark=Darkling
cpsn_dark=Darklings
cpn_spiritist=Ritualist

globstr_1972821248=Do you want to instruct your troops in the ways of Darkness, forsaking their souls for eternity?<br><br>(Usually only half of the troops survive the Initiation Ritual)
soulmaster_hint=^def_hint_t1^Killing an enemy, they tear their souls from their bodies, turning their corpses into Evilins. Adepts can use Evilins in their dark rituals.
resurrect_hint=^def_hint_t1^When they die, their souls are taken by Darkness and their bodies turned to Evilins.
dark_hint=^def_hint_t1^Born from Darkness, Darklings are immune to poison and astral damage but are vulnerable to fire and daylight. Their defense drops to 1 during daytime and bright sunlight will cause their bodies to crumble.<br>Their foul touch will give birth to an Evilin each time they slay an enemy troop.

ev_kamikaze_hint=^def_hint_t1^Dies after landing its attack. If Bomb-o-Ram stops next to an enemy unit, it explodes, inflicting damage to all nearby creatures.

ev_mechanical_hint=^def_hint_t1^Can move only in a straight line, ignores traps, and is immune to magic, mind-affecting, plague, and several other effects.

ev_darkchild_header=^def_hint_t0^Dark Creation
ev_darkchild_hint=^def_hint_t1^A mechanism using the power of Evilins. After its destruction an Evilin will be left on the battlefield.

spirit_master_hint=^def_hint_t1^Attacks by using dark spiritual energy. Creatures not immune to mind-affecting attacks are driven away from the place they were standing by the evil spirits.

special_blast_bulb_name=Explosive Liquid
special_blast_bulb_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 16-27 fire damage to target troop and all nearby units, setting them on fire.

special_dark_bulb_name=Unholy Water
special_dark_bulb_hint=^special_t^Deals 10-30 astral damage and inflicts poison on target troop and all nearby units.

special_shiva_song_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 1-2 cold damage and freezes all troops in the area of effect. Allied troops only have a 50% chance to be frozen.

special_ice_jail_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 8-11 physical damage to target troop, surrounding them with ice needles. Freezes fiery creatures.

special_fire_disaster_name=Blazing Cataclysm
special_fire_disaster_hint=^special_t^Inflicts 16-27 fire damage to target troop and all nearby units.

special_lightning_barrier_hint=^special_t^Surround s a friendly troop with an electric barrier, inflicting 25-30 magic damage to all surrounding troops with a chance of shocking them.

cpi_driad_feat=Undead, Soaring, No retaliation, Beauty, Charm, Sold the Soul.
cpi_kamikaze_ram_feat=Walking bomb, Mechanical, Dark Creation.
cpi_darkmage_feat=Undead, Magic Protection, Vampirism, Soul Lord, Sold the Soul.

special_zlogn_hint=^special_t^Sacrifices a corpse of a living being to Darkness, creating an Evilin, a batch of pure dead energy, in its place.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Summons Darklings, the dreadful warriors of Darkness whose only great weakness is daylight.
sw_zlogn=There are no Evilins or corpses to start the Ritual.

special_decay_small=^special_t^Enemy Defense is lowered to 1.
special_decay_hint=^special_t^The Adept uses Dark Magic to make enemies more vulnerable to attacks of the Army of Darkness. Target's defense is reduced to 1.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on allied Adept:</color><br>Target Adept will consume all the Evilins on the battlefield, empowering his spellcasting abilities. Each consumed Evilin will provide an addititonal charge.

special_dark_name=Dark Blast
special_sham_dark_hint=^special_t^Adept strikes an enemy target with a blast of pure evil energy, inflicting <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> astral damage. The power of the blast doubles with each collected Evilin.<br>Each use of the strengthened blast will consume one of the Evilins.<br><color=222,194,94>Evilins collected: [d]<gen=gen_zlogn_count>.<br><br><color=222,194,94>Using on Evilins:</color><br>Explodes target Evilin inflicting <color=255,255,255><gen=gen_star_dmg></color> damage.

effect_zlogn_name=Evilin

Did some rewording on several entries, fixed the punctuation, and corrected the spelling. Changed the Spawn of Darkness into Dark Creation since machines aren't really spawned and several other entries like Fire Disaster into Blazing Cataclysm. Dark Star sounded kinda retarded (no offense), stars are celestial bodies in space, you don't throw that around. :P I haven't seen what it looks like so I changed it into blast for now. Anyway, Change back what you don't like. I'm not sure what the [Good] and [Bad] entries are so I left them as they are. I also don't understand you meant by Dark Way ability so I'll fix it later.

Lestas
12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
ty Keneth. I'll upload the new version in a few minutes :)

Keneth
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Cool but let me know Dark Way does first so I can see if it needs fixing, that way you won't have to upload it twice. Also, I'm interested in whether or not the troops you lose when converting count as losses.

Good work otherwise, I'll try it out if I get the chance. :)

Lestas
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Dark way...umm...

You can select a hex which is 3-4 hexes far from the Darkling. And he will move to this hex in a straight direction through any obstacles (btw they move trough the Shadow Dimension so the troops he pass through are not targetable until their turn)

Lestas
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
File Size : 291KB
Download link : http://www.driveway.com/s2m7g2u4q4

Download link : http://www.driveway.com/h8m8w2e7a5
__________________________________________________ ________

You can download these fixed files. Checked 'em at home :) My version of .exe doesn't support "eng" language pack, so i could test everything only outside of the battle. Please note here if you'll find any bugs, mistakes and so on. Or you can email me at znttskn@gmail.com (type "AoD" in the topic)

Keneth
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh, so it's basically a teleport (or a shadow step if you will, actually Shadow Step might be a better name even :P ). Is this an ability they can use or do they always move like this?

Also, do you need any help explaining how KBMaster mod works? It's simple enough but there are no english instructions included and people are likely gonna want to know. :)

Oh and it looks like the KBMaster mod includes the Russian version of the interface mod, it should probably be repackaged with the English version.

Lestas
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM
It's an ability. You can check it early in game. Just as you can afford yourself 2 Archmages :)

KBMaster...umm..a bit later

Gatts
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Any experience / knowledge if this MOD works on existing saves (so one can check it without playing the game from beginning...)

Lestas
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
It should work with any saves. The Forsaken Book should appear in ur inventory in 5-10 seconds after you load the game (it is linked with mana regeneration cycle and rage decrease out of battle).

Gatts
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Cool! Just another big PLUS and HURRAH to developers and you of cours - even such advanced MOD and it works on existing saves - really RARE!

some MODs work after you move from one to second map ... but 5 seconds sounds even better :)

Keneth
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Hrm, maybe you should include a condition (for instance lvl1 of Dark Commander skill) for the book to appear, otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense. :mrgreen:

Also here's the last language fix:
special_darkway_name=Shadow Step
special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Passing through the Plane of Shadow, Darklings may move up to 4 hexes in any direction.
or
special_darkway_name=Way of Darkness
special_darkway_hint=^special_t^Move 3-4 hexes in any direction through the hidden passageways of the Shadow Realm.

Lestas
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Interesting idea. But I have some more complex ideas on this mod. So the book should be available at the very early stage of the game. These units need much more leadership than their non-dark versions.

v1.7 tested
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5360/screen081204001vv5.th.png (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5360/screen081204001vv5.png)

Keneth
12-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Well if you knew how to spawn troops on a map you could spawn a book (like the one for the quest in the dragon caves) which would give you the item once you defeated it. Or you could place it for sale in the cemetary if you know how to edit vendors. There's lots of ways to make the mod fit better in the game assuming you have the knowledge to pull it off. :mrgreen:

Lestas
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
It won't be available if you'll start from your non-modded save (if it'll be available only from vendors).

Keneth
12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
That's true but you said you had some complex ideas for your mod and you wanted it available very early in the game. Hence starting a new game would come as a matter of course at that point. Or you could make a second check in a script (like lvl >= 5) that would spawn the book for those who are already in the middle of the game. Just venting ideas here of course, I get excited when I see new mods in development. ;)

Lestas
12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think that there are many people who should use the Forsaken Book so early in the game. Not everyone wants to have an undead fellow in their army when the least ones are humans :)

Gatts
12-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Well - I am personally huge fan of undead - and most all games I travelled around the first maps just to get zombies/skellies/ ghosts and when lucky even vamps - if possible before any fight... but for your Mod - I will surely use old saves just to enjoy it fully (I can't wait)

Lestas
12-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks

And please post your thoughts on balancing the mod.

hasim
12-05-2008, 08:19 AM
boy oh boy! have not used it yet but looks awesome. Will restart the game (I have finished it 2 times already). Thanks a lot for the work and the effort - much appreciated

Lestas
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6347/aodmodnw0.jpg (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=512&stc=1&d=1230150680)

KBMaster (by NyRe) which is required for Army of Darkness mod is also uploaded here. English version of the Interface mod is included.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3317/aodmodgf9.jpg (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=481&stc=1&d=1228475090)

Gatts
12-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Now it works - HAPPY HAPPY - I can download it after all!

Thank you Lestas

Lestas
12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
If u have any mods that modify arena.lua, spells.lua or smth else from the original game...it's trongly recommended to remove them. Or to ask the author to convert them for compatibility mod.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
If u have any mods that modify arena.lua, spells.lua or smth else from the original game...it's trongly recommended to remove them. Or to ask the author to convert them for compatibility mod.

Well - I have still the "interface" mod - do you think I won't lose my "favourite" spell book slot if I remove this mod? (I kinda like the interface mod) I have 1.7 patch

Also I could try AoD after all - perfect perfect... gives mine "Undead commander" skill new meaning.

Keneth
12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Interface mod is included with KBMaster afaik except last time I checked it was only in Russian.

Lestas
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Plz..post here llanguage file for interface mod :)

Keneth
12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
You can find the mod here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=51095&postcount=1), no point in reposting the files. :)

Gatts
12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I play this MOD for longer time now - and still no issues

Here are mods I am using (:
KBMaster_base_1.0_for_1.7.kfs
mod_16_eng_fix_mirabella.kfs
mod_164_anim_spirit.kfs
mod_164_camera.kfs
mod_165_acceleratedmanaregen.kfs [ nice cheat - I could not play without it so fast]
mod_164_eng_interface.kfs
mod_17_master_114_armyofdark.kfs

All works perfect - old saves, creating new game...

Also I have double-checked all my MODs and they do not contain any of these:
arena.lua
logic_hero.lua
itextures.dat
items.txt
ignorecp.txt
hero.txt

(but I could miss them so my research may not be 100% accurate)

I still didn't try removing the AoD MOD and check all the possible damage that is stated in the readme - as I can't stop playing it and don't want risk game reinstall just for my curiosity, but if you want Lestas, I may test it :)

Gatts
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Sad sad... I loaded different save (I am searching in my database for most strong hereos who may buy as much changeable units as possible)... but this time I didn't get my book of death... bug? (to change my units into army of dead units - I have alchemists in my army right now)

after ALT + TAB it works :) funny.

But from other bucket:

When autocombat is selected - the AI can't really handle the new skills (even as I thought they should work in the same way... most of them )

AI moves my AoD units as if they would not have skills - still I know that AI used the alchemyst and dryad skills pretty well (before the poor creatures were Necromancizied)

Keneth
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd say that's because there's no specific AI scripted for the new units.

Lestas
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Yup...I had no time to script their AI. Especially for Bomb-o-Rams :)

Lestas
12-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Also I could try AoD after all - perfect perfect... gives mine "Undead commander" skill new meaning.

Rina as your wife is also helpfull ;) It's hard for me to chose from Xeona (x2 weapons) and Rina (+1initiative/speed to undead) when playing AoD units :)

Gatts
12-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Rina as your wife is also helpfull ;) It's hard for me to chose from Xeona (x2 weapons) and Rina (+1initiative/speed to undead) when playing AoD units :)

Tell me about this dilemma - I so have it too...

But well - do we not talk / read/ write in MOD Forum? - > Do you believe this could be modded as well? (item slots of wives) or this is hard coded in .exe ?

Also there are too few UNDEAD supporting artefacts... and it is so rare to find them all (or at least some of them), on the other hand, if the game would not be that random - one wuold easily stick to one tactics and won't be forced to try different ones... but after I played it 10x - I somehow feel I don't need the "exploration" part of the game, but the "focus on my taste - UNDEAD " part...

The ones of you who played HOMM 3 WOG - do surely know that the WOG setup could make the game totally unballanced (even if the intend of the MOD was the oposite - balance) - and that was the real fun.... [well, for singleplayer... for multiplayer had WOG too many bugs]

Keneth
12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
You can easily change the item slots as well as abilities of wives. Technically the slots belong to you, wives are just items that define how the slots are allocated.

($installdir\sessions\base\ses.kfs:wifes.txt)

Lestas
12-15-2008, 06:16 AM
So...the AI for AoD units is 99% complete. There also should be a new artifact (Arena Ring) ;)

Gatts
12-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Lestas, no need for marketing, we are totally eager to put our hand (download threads) on your new work... just post it please... you already won us as "customers"

Lestas
12-16-2008, 07:22 AM
The version I have uploaded here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=60961&postcount=47) is not neccessary to download. It fixes some minor bugs and adds AI to AoD units. It also adds an Arena Ring (test item which can be used to test battles against AoD. It would be changed and improved in the next release). There is also a newer version of KBMaster (english interface mod is included).

Don't have enough time to finish the mod.

Oh...almost forgot to ask :)

Any ideas on a unit named Commander? (his skills)
He would have these features and skills (~40-50% done):
* enemy only
* only 1 creature in a stack
* immune to mid spells, plague and many other effects
* can see invisible enemies
* lots of hitpoints
* iron hand (troops allied to Commander gain +1 initiative while he is alive)
* speed 2
* attacks 3 stacks at once (like cerberus)
* reinforcements flag (sets a mark on a free cell to summon reinforcements next round)
* siege fire (marks a cell which would be attacked by an AoE attack next round)
* commander (can give various commands to a wide variety of troops allied to Commander. For example: order to build a gremlin tower [Dwarf miners] or order to rush through enemy ranks [Horsemen] etc.)

so...any more ideas?

Gatts
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Lestas, you wrote you don't have spare time anymore, but anyway:

Did you know that the new army units avatars contain color that KB considers as "background" color? (making it "invisible" - so you can see through this color... I don't know what color exactly it is... usually it is violet.. but... if you look on avatar of Adept of Darkness - his "silhouette" - one pixel wide, is "invisible" so you can see the land beneath the MENU.

Lestas
12-19-2008, 07:30 AM
oh...I'll check it today. But there were no changes in textures :( maybe it's 'cause of the new version of the KBM.

btw...here's a new upcoming unit. A Giant champion called Taus Clasan :grin:

Gatts
12-22-2008, 09:01 AM
The version I have uploaded here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=60961&postcount=47) is not neccessary to download. It fixes some minor bugs and adds AI to AoD units. It also adds an Arena Ring (test item which can be used to test battles against AoD. It would be changed and improved in the next release). There is also a newer version of KBMaster (english interface mod is included).

Don't have enough time to finish the mod.

Oh...almost forgot to ask :)

Any ideas on a unit named Commander? (his skills)
He would have these features and skills (~40-50% done):
* enemy only
* only 1 creature in a stack
* immune to mid spells, plague and many other effects
* can see invisible enemies
* lots of hitpoints
* iron hand (troops allied to Commander gain +1 initiative while he is alive)
* speed 2
* attacks 3 stacks at once (like cerberus)
* reinforcements flag (sets a mark on a free cell to summon reinforcements next round)
* siege fire (marks a cell which would be attacked by an AoE attack next round)
* commander (can give various commands to a wide variety of troops allied to Commander. For example: order to build a gremlin tower [Dwarf miners] or order to rush through enemy ranks [Horsemen] etc.)

so...any more ideas?

I would say :
What about make the commander skills optional? (like when starting new RPG game - you create your character - you have only 10 skill points but 35 skills... ) So it will get back to KB tL the so missing "Character creation" part.

I am sure you know HoMM 3: WOG, there may be missing the "clickable" leveling, but each race had it's own commander - so you could chose the one that most fits your strategy (fast huge damage dealing shooter, or mega armored humongous HP tank)

So you could complete huge list of possible "skills" - some of them player may choose from beginning, by choosing specific skills, you may lose other skills (so the commander will become unique...) mage lovers can make the commander as spell supporter or mana replenisher, warriors as hp/def/att increaser... (or vice versa- what you miss, you will find in your commander, warrior can use him as spell caster, mage as real tank)

BTW: I like the giant champion picture :)

Lestas
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Hehe...Comander unit is only for enemies (see the list).

btw...try to change this giant's name I mean..play with the letters in his name... ;)

Keneth
12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
So what's his specialty? Exploding presents? Summon raindeer? :P

Speed112
12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
lol, Taus Clasan - Claus Santa :D , maybe make a Grinch that lowers his morale :D (enemy only)

Lestas
12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
He's 99% ready, but i'll upload this mod when Aiven would finish his part.. (not later than December 24th)

kromberg
12-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Patiently waiting for this mod :)

Lestas
12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6347/aodmodnw0.jpg (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=512&stc=1&d=1230150680)

Known issue: summoned chest give you double message window (can't be fixed at this moment....thinking about soltuion).

aland
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM

Hi!.
Does this mod works on v.16b7 English version.
Thanks!

Keneth
01-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Update the game and you won't have to worry about it?

lifemare
03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
sux: "duplicate label hash found: cpn_dryad"

???
anyway to get rid of this annoying message everytime i open the game?

Keneth
03-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Looks like a file collision to me.

aghiuta
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
sux: "duplicate label hash found: cpn_dryad"

???
anyway to get rid of this annoying message everytime i open the game?
Same error happened to me when I used the Army of darkness and the Master mods from this topic.
No other mods installed.

Michalr73
03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
When is apearing this santa, when is trying to jump game crash, something is wrong... Can somebody fix this?

Nike-it
03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
I'll ask the devs of this mod to solve this issue.

Michalr73
03-23-2009, 01:45 PM
When fighting with undead which are under the siege of the castle firstly I have met archers army and some of them join my army, then I have to fight with 4 armies of undead to break the orinoko siege, without mod is no problem, but with the mod, the problem is that there are only 3 armies not 4, so the quest cannot be done. Maybe somebody would do something with this problem?
Regards

pplepie
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi, did any of you manage to use the Taus Clasan army during battle? The game will unexpectedly terminate upon reaching Taus's turn...

biggdogg78963
08-03-2009, 09:05 PM

I can not get this to work,i have put it every where help

Michalr73
08-05-2009, 01:41 PM
When anybody would do something with this Santa Claus, the mod will crash the game, so if You want to play this game don't instal this mod, because the mod is not working properly.
Regards

pcbun
08-09-2009, 11:01 AM
When anybody would do something with this Santa Claus, the mod will crash the game, so if You want to play this game don't instal this mod, because the mod is not working properly.
Regards

I m quite sure that u have not installed the correct version of KBMaster or even never heart of any abot KBMaster, Right?

Michalr73
08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I have installed the KBmaster, and mods was working properly, with some small problems, but when was appeared the santa, and when he jumped, game have crashed. I don't know any other version of KBMaster then those attached to the Army of darkness Mod. Have you played with this mod? Have you met taus clasant?
Regards, Michał

zioniz1
10-07-2009, 11:00 PM
grettings

i used the AoD mod and it worked great on transforming all of the transformable units but when i get into combat with anything as soon as the Demolishers turn comes game crash.

so i moved my demolishers to my reservs and used the giant taus clasant as soon as he took one cell game crashed again

so i moved the taus clasant to reserve and used my dark adepts they atked as normal but if a retaliation attack occured game crashed. so can some one help me please ?