PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to fix the Dryads

sleepy
12-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Possible solutions :

1. Increase leadership cost.
2. Lullaby only affects one stack instead of all applicable stacks.
3. Lullaby use based on leadership total of target, like Evil Beholder's talent.
4. Change the Thorn spawning from infinite reloads to a single charge.

Keneth
12-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Since you're so adamant about getting rid of the Dryads (as if that's gonna magically restore the balance in the universe and you won't have anything else to whine about), I suggest you try making this request either in the modding section or the expansion section. I'm fairly certain there won't ever be an official "fix" since, unlike you, most people like the Dryads. :P

Ryastar
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
More suggestions:

5. Do nothing, because they are fine as is.
6. Stop whining and get a life
7. Increase their damage to say 5-7 (for example) because that would actually make them overpowered
8. After 7 is applied, then apply any of 1-4 or 6. Well except 1, because changing their leadership wouldn`t do much, unless you change it drastically, which would make dryads useless. Or 2, because it makes no sense that only some things would hear a lullaby (maybe just stacks within say 3 tiles, without a level cap, though still the mind spell restriction). 3 and 4 are fine, though i personally have only ever used Thorn spawn once per stack in a battle(because the reload time is long enough that the battle is over before it has reloaded, and the thorns i spawn can just spawn more thorns anyways).

Lhynn
12-03-2008, 03:41 AM
havent you considered not using them?

sleepy
12-03-2008, 05:15 AM
havent you considered not using them?

If there is a button that will magically replace them with another random level 2 or even 3 creature stack that will certainly be one solution.

sleepy
12-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Since you're so adamant about getting rid of the Dryads (as if that's gonna magically restore the balance in the universe and you won't have anything else to whine about), I suggest you try making this request either in the modding section or the expansion section. I'm fairly certain there won't ever be an official "fix" since, unlike you, most people like the Dryads. :P

Since you're so adamant about not fixing Dryads (as if thats gonna magically unbalance the universe and you won't have anything else to cry about), I suggest you once again recognize your own utterly inability to dictate what people should or should not post about. This post is proof positive that the more you whine, the more opposite the result will be what you get. Again I direct you to that poll which shows that "most" people actually tihnk Dryads are overpowered. But of course you just keep on thinking you are the majority.

ywhtptgt
12-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Since you're so adamant about not fixing Dryads (as if thats gonna magically unbalance the universe and you won't have anything else to cry about), I suggest you once again recognize your own utterly inability to dictate what people should or should not post about. This post is proof positive that the more you whine, the more opposite the result will be what you get. Again I direct you to that poll which shows that "most" people actually tihnk Dryads are overpowered. But of course you just keep on thinking you are the majority.

In case some people do not know how to exercise simple logic, here's a hint:
For someone to be not adamant about doing something doesn't mean that person is adamant about not doing it.

If there is a button that will magically replace them with another random level 2 or even 3 creature stack that will certainly be one solution. I hope you are also being fair to all the IMBA spells in your friendly spellbook.

ywhtptgt
12-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Possible solutions :

1. Increase leadership cost.
2. Lullaby only affects one stack instead of all applicable stacks.
3. Lullaby use based on leadership total of target, like Evil Beholder's talent.
4. Change the Thorn spawning from infinite reloads to a single charge.

I have more suggestions for the game so that nothing is overpowered:

1. Remove Hypnosis, Summon Phoenix, Demon Gate, Resurrect, Magic Spring, Sacrifice, Trap Armageddon, Lightning and Fire Rain spells.
2. Make Green Dragon's Magic Source ability one-use
3. Reduce Sprite and Fairy's speed to 3
4. Remove Anga's Ruby
5. Remove Inquisition skill
6. Remove Higher Magic skill
7. Double the resting time for Reaper's Soul Drain
8. Remove the Gold Hunter ability
9. Remove Fireball from Mage's initial spellbook
10. Impose 50% failure to Demoness' seduce skill
11. Impose Ice Vulnerability to all Demon units

The list goes on... until the game is reduced to a game of Guardsmen fighting Guardsmen.

WannaLearnEnglish
12-03-2008, 12:58 PM
In some of his posts (thread closed) SLEEPY wrote:

What a Dryad can do is WAY beyond any other level 2 troops

This is LAME. Comparing troops of the SAME level comes from HOMMII-V.

In KBL such a comparison IS NO LONGER VALID.

This guy (sleepy) has not accustomed himself with the very basics of this beautiful game. And yet starts giving his 'directions' (and also childish 'threats') to devs :-)

Keneth
12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Since you're so adamant about not fixing Dryads (as if thats gonna magically unbalance the universe and you won't have anything else to cry about), I suggest you once again recognize your own utterly inability to dictate what people should or should not post about. This post is proof positive that the more you whine, the more opposite the result will be what you get. Again I direct you to that poll which shows that "most" people actually tihnk Dryads are overpowered. But of course you just keep on thinking you are the majority. Your inverse logic doesn't work since even if there was this magical "fix", I'm under no obligation to use it. And besides, you're the whiner, not me. Let's face it, even if the Dryads didn't exist, you would still be here whining about some other of the 500 things you can exploit in the game. Also, thinking that they're overpowered and thinking that they need to be fixed are two entirely different things. So yes, like it or not, we are the majority. And I'm not trying to dictate you on what to post, I was giving you a suggestion on where to post it so it wouldn't be a complete waste of your time like this thread. Enjoy your stay.

Nike-it
12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Guys I'm fed up with this argument! Any more talks about how Dryads are overpowered will be immediately closed. The devs made a great job to balance the game (I personally played it from version 1.0 to 1.7). So someone doesn't like how the Driads act, then just don't use them!