View Full Version : Killer combo early on till freedom islands

tjoepee
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
2 half stacks of marauders
full stack royal snakes
full stack vampires
+ whatever value adding units
vampire can be changed for ghosts

I used this combo with warrior on impossible and u will be amazed about the amount of gold u gather extra not to mention the minimum loses.

Smash
12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
RT are too rare to find, same for vampires.
Problem with games like kb than it force too use units that can hit while cannot be hit (no retaliate, archers, etc.), replenish your forces can be very expensive.

ender
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
2 half stacks of marauders
full stack royal snakes
full stack vampires
+ whatever value adding units
vampire can be changed for ghosts

I used this combo with warrior on impossible and u will be amazed about the amount of gold u gather extra not to mention the minimum loses.

maraudeurs+gift=infinite money

tjoepee
12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
RT are too rare to find, same for vampires.
Problem with games like kb than it force too use units that can hit while cannot be hit (no retaliate, archers, etc.), replenish your forces can be very expensive.

Vampires are guarentee find in the swamps if not at the buildings u find coffins. As far as I know marauders were always in the game early one. I didn' t used them the whole game during the first play through though, lol.

I didn' t use gifts all the time only well I had lots of mana. I have 4 times the skills with 2 half stacks already

YENKO
12-02-2008, 01:35 PM
maraudeurs+gift=infinite money

Add one friendly Gremlin in the equation, and it can really break the KB monetary system :)

alon
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Add one friendly Gremlin in the equation, and it can really break the KB monetary system :)
I only learned about this trick myself yesterday - and the way you say it still keeps it "shrouded in mystery" = not everyone manages to figure out the little trick/bug/exploit with one friendly Gremlin tower...

Lestas
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
imba army at early level is:
* Demons (randomly spawn in a tavern)
* Sacrifice spell

Smash
12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Vampires are guarentee find in the swamps if not at the buildings u find coffins. As far as I know marauders were always in the game early one. I didn' t used them the whole game during the first play through though, lol.

I didn' t use gifts all the time only well I had lots of mana. I have 4 times the skills with 2 half stacks already

How much you get from coffins? Not enough and sacrifice is not guarantee spell too. Don't take me wrong combo is good but not guarantee :).

YENKO
12-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah. With my luck (i must have broken a pile of mirrors in my youth), I'll find Sacrifice on the very last battle in this game.
But hey, after weeks of avid playing, I finally found Resurrect in Kordor (was sitting innocenly under a snow-covered pine tree :D ). I was so darn happy, that I made a screenshot! Not 15 minutes later, some stupid huge fish ate me and I found there the Phantom spell :D
You never know, 'life turns in a dime' as they say... ;)

YENKO
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I only learned about this trick myself yesterday - and the way you say it still keeps it "shrouded in mystery" = not everyone manages to figure out the little trick/bug/exploit with one friendly Gremlin tower...

The smart ones (like you) will learn it eventually, the lazy ones (like me) will learn about it on the forum :D

lauvhk
12-04-2008, 01:00 AM
@ Smash

The best I got is 4 Vampires per Coffin so 12 for 3 Coffins. If you are lucky, you may get more from sarcophagus.

tjoepee
12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5516

see also
anyway here is detailed explanation of infinite money.
I prefer this method above the friendly gremlin thing.

Use what units u like but u need these 2 at least:
bone dragon: Not full stacked or let them kill ur full stack and let 1 or 2 alive
dryad/royal thorn or any thorns for spawning and respawning.
marauder

Enemy need a non retaliation army or ranged.

Play the battle the usual way and leave small stack alive and if it' s a non retaliation trap him so u have all the space in the middle. Use the dryads/thorn and spawn respawn to set it up. Cast magic spring several times and make calculations that they die in 3 attacks use the bone dragon' s poison cloud to attack ur own units. Rob the corpse from the ones u kill with bone dragon and the ones that die vs the sole surviver.

If u prefer poison cloud to get magic u can do it till turn 40 then rage stops flowing in.

I got 3 millions with this and the wasted it all at the dwarf to buy runes the rune prices raises like pancakes after every one brought.

Rinah
12-15-2008, 04:00 PM
How much you get from coffins? Around 40 (and hundreds of skeleton archers)

I think there is another place to find them as well. It must be, since I am at the islands of freedom and have 111 of them right now. I think it was a shipwright or some place in the south.

lauvhk
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Actually you can only get a maximum 6 Skeleton Archers per coffins. The rest is more likely from gravedigging.

Depending on your game, you can end up with 100+ Skeleton Archers + something else free of charge just by hitting everything in the cementary in Marshan Swamp. There is one time I get a whopping 33 Vampires from 3 separate Sacrophagus, not to mention an additional 12 from 3 carved coffins.

jake21
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure I understand this one. I usually aquire this but not sure how it breaks the monetary system...

Rinah
12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Actually you can only get a maximum 6 Skeleton Archers per coffins. The rest is more likely from gravedigging.

You can buy undead troops from the furious paladin after you kill him. And you can also buy Skeleton Archers from the necropolis in Marshan swamp before conquering it. That should be enough for a killing undead army.

As far as I know, there is no way to get necromancers early on, however. :(

Metathron
12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Those are random, Rinah. I got zombies and vampires (I think) from the Enemen castle.

lauvhk
12-16-2008, 01:16 AM
@Rinah

If you really want necromancers fast, well there is one way to play the game (not cheat) so that you could have accessed this particular units early on. It may spoil the fun though.

travelingoz
12-16-2008, 02:49 AM
@ jake

It's not rocket science, you just need an item to suppress/upgrade and lots of patience/mana.

Split your marauders into 2 seperate stacks. Beat all the nasty gremlins and leave 1 friendly gremlin tower intact. Set up some thorns to recycle mana and just kill the new units and search them. If you are lower level then cast gift and go again. If you have the reaper then obviously timeback can be used.

jake21
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok. Seems like it would take a painfully long time ...

@ jake

It's not rocket science, you just need an item to suppress/upgrade and lots of patience/mana.

Split your marauders into 2 seperate stacks. Beat all the nasty gremlins and leave 1 friendly gremlin tower intact. Set up some thorns to recycle mana and just kill the new units and search them. If you are lower level then cast gift and go again. If you have the reaper then obviously timeback can be used.

YENKO
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok. Seems like it would take a painfully long time ...

No time is 'painfully long' if you get fun from it. Yeah, I'm a grinding nerd. ;) Years of playing WoW does that and worse to some people out there :)
The 'Zero-casualties' strategy is another such mind-numbing things: fun for some, awful boredom for most :)

lauvhk
12-17-2008, 02:42 AM
No losses strategy is especially painful if you use skeleton archer without timeback. Losing a couple of those will prompt you to load a quicksave. /shrug

Gatts
12-17-2008, 09:14 AM
No losses strategy is especially painful if you use skeleton archer without timeback. Losing a couple of those will prompt you to load a quicksave. /shrug

I do not care of loses as long I can win, I have brainless, power strategy using vamps, 80% of my battles end in 3 turns...still the game can take me at least 25 hours of mine time... I just can't imagine how long can no-loss master player spend on one KB game... 250 hours?

TheGrayGeezer
12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
No time is 'painfully long' if you get fun from it. Yeah, I'm a grinding nerd. ;) Years of playing WoW does that and worse to some people out there :)
The 'Zero-casualties' strategy is another such mind-numbing things: fun for some, awful boredom for most :)

I'm a new player to the game and I don't know what the zero-casualties strategy is, but if it concerns reloading if even one troop dies in battle mode, I would agree it would be extremely boring :).

YENKO
12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm a new player to the game and I don't know what the zero-casualties strategy is, but if it concerns reloading if even one troop dies in battle mode, I would agree it would be extremely boring :).

Usually, it involves deep knowledge of every unit/spell/skill/artifact/whatnot in the game and playing with not one single unit killed. Obviously, the units WILL get killed, but then the player applies Inquisitor's ressurection spell/ability, or/and Resurrsction spell, or/and Sacrifice spell. Nobody does that on his first game pass. But, once you beat the game on impossible over and over, this variation of IronMan can squeeze some more juice from the game :)

lauvhk
12-19-2008, 01:32 AM
There are many ways to approach the game. Currently I am trying a no-recruitment game which means you can only play with those units you pick up along the road including items (it can be even more challenging if you don't use any items). The only way to replenish them is by Sacrifice or Diplomacy.