PDA

View Full Version : rage loss on adventure map

ender
12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
the single reliable solution to have rage at start of battles that I have found is to chain fights (rage and mana full at end of battle with chargers).

but because of those fights chains I don't explore map - for example haas labirint and orcs land was a single chain of battles.

seems that this mecanic of rage loss is not soo good.

Gatts
12-01-2008, 09:28 AM
You can wear the Thorn King crown - and replace it right before battle - rage loss is halved.

You can buy rage potion - and use it before very important battles (castle siege, huge enemies... etc.) at the same time invest more points into rage (on level up take more often +x rage permanently) - more max rage you have - more you will get in battles (if you have rage 40 - you will get on point of rage for one hit - but if you have 80 rage - you get 2 points of rage per hit... etc.)

so you have to consider :
1.) return later to explore and lose SCORE for more time in game
2.) manage your rage little bit and start most battles (match, slightly stronger and all weaker enemies) with low rage
3.) screw exploring and rush with battle chain into game end - get huge score, but less bonuses/money

your choice

seems that this mecanic of rage loss is not soo good.
It is rage -- what is RAGEFUL about traveling in such beutiful country and enjoing squirels/ rabbits, trees and oll the scenenia? - of course the rage goes down

Well - only if you realy realy hate squirels

or if you have DEMON army and travel in Elven lands (but then tha mana should not grow - as you can't relax a bit)

ender
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
i use Thorn King crown, but on impossible rage is going down very fast.
i don't care about days/score.

i think is a russian mod for that - the warrior can get a rage potion if end combat with enough rage - but with so many variants of game i don'[t know if is working.

Keneth
12-01-2008, 01:14 PM
If you find me that mod I can tell you whether or not it will work on the newest version. (or try to make it work if it doesn't) Alternatively you can try my TNG mod and attempt to get Skye which gives +100% slower rage loss. :mrgreen:

Lari
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I think that is very normal that rage will go do fast. It's a feature of the game, that balance warriors with mages. Instead of starting full and depleting with time, it just start empty (unless you chain) and build up during fight. IT's MEANT to be this way. For hard battles they also give you potions, and there are enough in the game. Still is a single player game, so if you are having fun having always rage at your disposal, use console and type "rage 10000", so that just a single hit will give you enough rage to do whatever you want. Remember that having rage not-empty will slower your mana regeneration by a factor of 3.

Keneth
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I got a total of two rage potions in the entire game on my last run. :P

ender
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
If you find me that mod I can tell you whether or not it will work on the newest version. (or try to make it work if it doesn't) Alternatively you can try my TNG mod and attempt to get Skye which gives +100% slower rage loss. :mrgreen:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4033&highlight=russian&page=6

to BobbRobb:

1. shot Rage Spirits animation

mod_164_eng_anim_spirit.zip
mod_16b7_eng_anim_spirit.zip

2. weak (very weak, weak, slightly weaker) enemies do not attack

mod_164_eng_armywalk.zip
mod_16b7_eng_armywalk.zip

3. At the Warrior depending on level of ability "Rage" is chance (10 %, 20 %, 30 %) to receive a rage potion after fight.
At the Mage depending on level of ability "Alchemist" is chance (10 %, 20 %, 30 %) to receive a mana potion after fight.

mod_164_eng_bonus.zip
mod_16b7_eng_bonus.zip

4. Camera range increased from 18 to 32

mod_164_eng_camera.zip
mod_16b7_eng_camera.zip

Keneth
12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hrm, I'm not completely certain if arena.lua was changed in the latest patch. But it should be fairly easy to copy the functions and make a new version of the file just in case.

Actually, you can probably do this yourself open arena.lua (found in ses.kfs) with a text editor and search for "calc_bonus()" then add the code in the next line like this:

Before:
function calc_bonus() --ftag:bonus

local enemyHeroK = 1.5 + Game.Config( "enemy_hero_money_exp_bonus_k") * Logic.enemy_hero_level()
if Logic.enemy_hero_level() == 0 then enemyHeroK = 1 end

After:

if (Game.Random(1,100) <= tonumber(Logic.hero_lu_skill("alchemist"))*10) then
Logic.hero_add_item("mana_potion")
end
if (Game.Random(1,100) <= tonumber(Logic.hero_lu_skill("rage"))*10) then
Logic.hero_add_item("rage_potion")
end

local enemyHeroK = 1.5 + Game.Config( "enemy_hero_money_exp_bonus_k") * Logic.enemy_hero_level()
if Logic.enemy_hero_level() == 0 then enemyHeroK = 1 end

Save the file and put it back in or inside a kfs file in your mod folder. If you have trouble doing that much let me know and I'll help.

Lari
12-01-2008, 11:25 PM
After:

if (Game.Random(1,100) <= tonumber(Logic.hero_lu_skill("alchemist"))*10) then
Logic.hero_add_item("mana_potion")
end

Awesome answer.
Would this add the item at the end of combat? ->

if 1 then
Logic.hero_add_item("the_boots_that_i_miss_to_complete_the_knight_set")
end

Obviously i wll substitute the right name, after i look in item.txt. May i skip the "if 1 then" part?

Keneth
12-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I've never worked with Lua but I'm pretty sure that if statements are unnecessary unless you want a condition. Hence all you need to add is the call to Logic.hero_add_item() function (end is part of the if-then-else statement and is used instead of brackets to end a block so you don't need it either).