PDA

View Full Version : Is leadership working ok?

Feanor01
11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Hello all,

Just going through my first run of the game playing as a Paladin. I am level 17 with leadership a little over 9900, and just received a leadership banner of +1300 leadership from an altar in the early part of the elven lands. Since most battles are pretty tough, I was very happy with this leadership buff, however nothing was added to my total.

My question now: is this a known bug, or is leadership capped somehow, maybe depending on stats or level?

I installed 1.7 patch (then non-atari one), I think that is pretty recent.

Lari
11-30-2008, 12:07 PM
+1300 ldrs from onw single banner is pretty sick... with 1.6.5 in final areas you'll get something like 80-100... so i think it was just some kinda of bug. However 10K ldrs at level 17 you're doing ok, maybe just a little low. There is no cap to ldrs.

<<No edits made - just accidentally pressed "edit" Sorry! , Gatts>>

Feanor01
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, it wasn't a normal banner from the adventure map (those give pretty low boosts yes), but a reward from visiting one of the altars. I guess it's just a bug then, pity. If my leadership isn't too low, I guess I need to start working on improving my magic repertoire to make things easier.

Lari
11-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Even from altars i never got that much. Maybe it was just 1300xp?.
Btw it's not really the quantity of ldrs that counts, even if more helps for sure, but the quality of your troops that helps so much. Just make sure to have high morale on all troops (troops that give + morale are invaluable, so it is the bonus that come from havig all-of-one-race), +crit% items equipped, keep rage as full as you can, you'll see your overall dmg skyrocket!

Keneth
11-30-2008, 01:18 PM
You don't get leadership from altars, only experience but it might appear as leadership since the icon it uses is a leadership flag.

Ryastar
11-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I think Lari is right, it's probably xp. Did you read the text, or just look at the picture that showed up after you clicked the Altar. The picture that comes with "you just got xxxx xp" (or however they put it) looks, for some stupid reason, like a leadership banner.

Handel
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Talking about leadership I noticed after couple of battles it seems my leadership was not enough to handle all of my units.
What I mean - I started a battle with enough leadership and when I finished the battle some of my stacks had a red crystal icon on them (which shows the leadership is not enough for them) - so I had to reduce the number of the units in those stacks.
This happened at least twice and I am *absolutely" sure it is not due to an artefact loosing its abilities.

<< note from Gatts: I didn't edit anything, accidentally clicked on "edit"... sorryyy.>>

Keneth
12-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Do you have the Diplomacy skill? Which units specifically increased in numbers? Did you use Sacrifice? Did you use Ghosts?

Handel
12-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Do you have the Diplomacy skill? Which units specifically increased in numbers? Did you use Sacrifice? Did you use Ghosts?

None from above. I was mage and just was blasting my way through the enemies. Never used sacrifice except in couple of battles very early in the game just to see how it works; and I never used any undeads.
This happened to swordsmen and to royal snakes but I went through the game mostly with those 2 units (replenishing them from my reserve).
At first I thought it is due to some artefact losing morale but it was not the case. And I used the frog woman without any kid for the whole game.
At the same time I am absolutely sure I didn't remove any leadership artefact too. And it is not due to the rats on the stick things - I know they reduce the leadership and I was carefull about them.
And no diplomacy skill either.

Edit: the only thing I can think of is the enemy using something wich increased my stacks over the starting size. But have absolutely no idea what it could be.

lauvhk
12-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I smell bug. Thing is your leadership will always be the same throughout the battle and you cannot alter the leadership value during the battle.

1. Diplomacy never yields you more units than your leadership could handle.
2. Even if you use living artifact, the changes in morale only happen AFTER the battle.
3. Roasted rat has no impact on your leadership during a battle because it can only be consumed in adventure mode.

I can only say hopefully you can reproduce the case and report it. Personally I have never encountered such things.

Handel
12-02-2008, 04:52 PM
This was happening after the battles. I had no problems commanding the units during the battles. The icon for not enough leadership (something like red crystal) appeared right after the battles.

Gatts
12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Talking about leadership I noticed after couple of battles it seems my leadership was not enough to handle all of my units.
What I mean - I started a battle with enough leadership and when I finished the battle some of my stacks had a red crystal icon on them (which shows the leadership is not enough for them) - so I had to reduce the number of the units in those stacks.
This happened at least twice and I am *absolutely" sure it is not due to an artefact loosing its abilities.

<< note from Gatts: I didn't edit anything, accidentally clicked on "edit"... sorryyy.>>

Could you tell us what spells were you using in these battles?

(I am asking because I have experienced, but sadly not exactly documented, the oposite effect -> I have used sacrifice a lot and sometimes I realized I have more Leadership - I did not make levels, nor I did take any flags, nor I visited or completed any quests... but again - I don't have it documented, I only realized that I can have more vampires - but as I never found about this anything anywhere I thought that I just played for too long)

P.S. : I am really sorry for clicking on "edit" accidentally...

Lestas
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
2 Handel

Probably the reason is a "live" artifact. Sometimes people don't notice when the morale of an artifact drops to 0...and it's bonuses vanish as well until it'll be "tamed" again.

Nike-it
12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Lestas maybe right, check whether you have any of these arts:
Elves Crown
Symbol of Deplomacy

Gatts
12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
+1300 ldrs from onw single banner is pretty sick... with 1.6.5 in final areas you'll get something like 80-100... so i think it was just some kinda of bug. However 10K ldrs at level 17 you're doing ok, maybe just a little low. There is no cap to ldrs.

<<No edits made - just accidentally pressed "edit" Sorry! , Gatts>>

I would agree with Lari - it happend to me a lot as the pop up message for Experience may look like Leadership on frist sight - the image evokes that it is Leadership (due the flag) - I had this dilemma till I didn't reload the game back and precisely read what the message says - and there was Experience...

The proof of this is the ammount you got - 1300 Exp would be fine (still little bit more than I am used to -> I am used to get 700 / 800 on level 17 from shrines in elven lands - but maybe you play easy, I don't know) but anyway - when I get 800 EXP - I get 400 Leadership (from leadership shrine) so the ammount of 1300 indicates that you really got EXP instead of Leadership.

Another reason: I played the games x times (x >> 20 ) and I played it since 16b7 version - and I am sure the 1.7 patch does not create "issues", it solves "issues"... and I never experiecned that I would not get something I should (like I get info that I got leadership, but when I double check - it is missing : never ever happend to me)

Gatts
12-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Someone stated that there are no shrines of Leadership in KB tL:

And that is true (double checked the manual - and I am sure that the manual is 100% accurate )

Here is ingame screenshot of altar, that gives Experience, but the pop up message looks like "+xx Leadership" ... at least it looks like that - because the word "Leadership" is represented by an icon/ symbol - that evokes on first sight "Leadership" - as even Exp is represented by a flag :).

I also added new screenshot -> where I combined screenshot from HERO interface and from the Shrine pop-up window - the FLAG is the same -> what misleads many players (me included)