PDA

View Full Version : Castle Necrocom

nemo37
11-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know where i can find this castle? Thank you!

Lari
11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
It is in a cemetery area in the death valley, use the book of life in ellinia to go there (can't remember if you spawn closer with the book of life in great forest, or with the one in magic valley).

*Little help in white ->It is one of the toughest battle in the game, so be prepared. Remember to "magic shackle" the artifact :)

Maleokore
11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
It is in a cemetery area in the death valley, use the book of life in ellinia to go there (can't remember if you spawn closer with the book of life in great forest, or with the one in magic valley).

*Little help in white ->It is one of the toughest battle in the game, so be prepared. Remember to "magic shackle" the artifact :)

to be more accurate of the location, is in most southern part of the death valley map guarded with black dragons and ghost inthe cemetary etrance, you can avoid those dragons and ghost by coming from the sea, and timing to go to castle when dragons are coming out from castles etrance...

Handel
11-30-2008, 01:33 PM
The main problem with the battle is there are 3 sources of raise dead spell. The udnear s itdels are easy. So get 1 stack of thorns with you and start turning the killed enemy stacks in thorns.

Keneth
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
There are many ways to counter the raising such as magic lock, thorns, totems, demon portals, demon summoning, necro call, ice ball, phantoms, etc.

Xargon
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
If you are playing a mage, necro call will be your friend in this battle (at least one of many friends you could use ;) ). Take out his necromancers (if there are any in his army - for me, there were 2 stacks) with ranged units/spells and necro call them (necro call lvl3, possibly with necromancy, raises a lot of necromancers). Karador resurrecting his troops shouldn't be a problem anymore for the rest of the battle ;)

Lestas
12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
the imba way to beat at any difficulty Karador is to come with one stack of Green Dragons :) and to use invisibility on 'em. Enemy should skip his turn every time.

Keneth
12-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Probably only a valid strategy for mages, I couldn't keep my mana up and do enough damage with a warrior so I went to Demonis first, came back, kicked his ass with no losses, and moved on.

Lestas
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
It's 100% possible even for Warrior ;) As well as the best party to beat the last boss is...a single stack of faeries (beatable by lvl 13 with only one stack of faeries. diff=impossible) :)

Keneth
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Well it seemed pretty much impossible for me, between the stack's mana drain ability and mana spring/poison rain combo (which for some reason only triggered a few times for me), there just wasn't enough mana to keep invisibility up, much less use any other spells, especially once Concentration gain started falling. So I was either doing something wrong or I just couldn't double as a mage at that time.

Ryastar
12-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I beat Karador easily with no losses as a warrior. My army was red dragons, black dragons, giants, cannoneers and inquisitors. I had to use up i think 3 or so of my gift scrolls (no time back upgrades at that point) to get back my losses, which included one red dragon. A few necro calls on bone dragons and vamps (which then sat on other dead stacks to prevent necro call and draw some fire) and he was only able to raise skeletons and zombies, which died to my dragons in droves.

Screenshot, just for fun:

Keneth
12-04-2008, 02:44 AM
It's easy at lvl24 with necro call and inquisitors, a bit tougher when none of that is available. :mrgreen:

As for the battle log, set a bigger resolution or enlarge it in photoshop. (just realized that's part of your signature, well might as well answer the question anyway :P )

Ryastar
12-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Yeah, the weird thing is, i didn`t really delay on going and attacking Karador. I agree that lvl 24 sure helped :), but i really don`t remember why i was that level at that time. I only had level 1 of the experience skill. Maybe i just was doing alot of running around and owning, i dunno.

As for necro call, it`s one of the garunteed spells in the game. When you get the chronicles of the lost town (for that quest early on), you can use them. Their use grants you one scroll of necro call. Agreed that inquisitors sure help, though. That and a sacrifice scroll in the freedom isles, and then giants in your army :)

As for the pic. I don`t have photoshop, and don`t know how to use it (it`s just not something i`ve ever needed to use) as for a bigger resolution, I`m not sure how the helps (i`m not really a very tech savvy person), so please explain.

Metathron
12-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm having trouble defeating Karador as a level 23 mage on Hard. The trouble is used up all my mana early on on Geyser and Fire Rain and he used Fear and Hypnosis on my stacks a lot which I was pretty much powerless to stop. In the end, he won through sheer numbers and the crystal helped by raising undead stacks. My army consisted of cavalry, sprites, dryads, elves and green dragons. Perhaps not the best composition in this case?

I'm also intrigued by the going solo with green dragons strategy. I don't think I would know how to pull it off, though. Perhaps this strategy also calls for Lina to be high level, and I have hardly used her so far (or in any other playthrough), so my chargers are really weak.

Metathron
12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Okay, I've just tried attacking a random necro hero only with green dragons. I cast invisibility, then fire rain in the same turn and the first thing the opponent does is cast magic axe pole on my (invisible???) green dragons. What the heck is going on?

lauvhk
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
I tried the solo green dragon strategy once. I am not sure if you need a beefed up charger since green dragon is still your core mana source. My charger was something like 6 points recovery with a total of 4 charges.

Btw, does the necro hero stack in your 2nd post contain any thorn type armies?

Added:
On Karador - Do you have target spell? Also try destroying one smaller stack to keep him busy using necro call spell instead of fear/hypnotize.

BB Shockwave
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Killing Karador without losses is very easy - more so then killing Haas this way!

The trick is to keep him from casting harmfull spells at your units, as he has a wide selection of those (Fear, Hypnotize, Fire rain). This can be easily achieved by killing one of his stacks every round (Bone Dragons are likely candidates for this). Assured that you kill one stack, he will always cast Necro Call on them.

I beat him by having Lina cast Ice Shards in the first or second round - the AI is often very dumb, and his Death Knights kept hacking the shards for 3 rounds, by the time they got through I killed all his other units.

Try to stand on the corpses of the heavyweight units (knights, Necros) to ensure he or Karador's crystal doesn't raise those - Totems also work fine. Just be sure you don't destroy the corpses!

Then, when all his units are dead, I used the reliable "Superchargers + Resurrection" combo for at least 20 rounds to resurrect all my losses. I always made sure to have at least 5 Rage in reserve, and when I ran out of rage to cast Superchargers, I "stepped off" of a skeleton or Dead Spider corpse, let the crystal raise it, then - before giving it a turn - casting Rage taking on it. :) This way, I had no losses at all. Just remember not to let the raised unit get a turn, or Karador will go whupass on you with spells... :)

For the record, I was playing a Paladin and my troops were: Black Dragons, Royal Snakes (my killer stack with Snake Ring and frog Fiona as a wife), Black Unicorns (I only used them against Undead, I use Evil Beholders otherwise),Griffins (with banner of Griffin I had around 450 of them at the endgame). Of course, I also wore items to help me against Undead (Silver Sword, Holy Shield)

Elwin
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I killed karador on hard loosing only few skel archers( cant rezz them) without restoring it for countless numer of rounds, karador had like half of his mana in that moment.
Teleporting demon to the enemies in the beggining then the slaughter starts ..Timeback him at end f 2nd round. Enemies will be very hardly damaged by that time actualy just finish them with rest.Skelleton Archer with DA gets rid off the dark crystal quite fast.Units i had : Skeleton Archer,Inquisiitor,royal snake,demon,emerald dragon ( actualy dragon had nothing to do :P )

Zonc
04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Then, when all his units are dead, I used the reliable "Superchargers + Resurrection" combo for at least 20 rounds to resurrect all my losses.
Yeah but try to do it without this "bug exploit". Any stupid can do it your way.