PDA

View Full Version : Giants and Green Dragons

SirJohn
11-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I knew my Giants had an attribute of "likes Emerald Green Dragons" so I sought them out to add to my dwarven army. When I get some, I find out that the dragons "hate giants". WTF? So my dwarfs are all happy but the dragon stack has bad morale. Is this a bug?

Keneth
11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
If you had read the description carefully, you'd notice that giants consider emerald green dragons quite tasty. Is it any surprise that the dragons would hate them? :mrgreen:

Ryastar
11-28-2008, 01:07 AM
For a while in my first game, i used Green Dragons and Giants too, but i eventually got rid of the giants, because i realized that i was using the dragons more, and primarily as shock, attack troops, so i could'nt afford the -2 morale. So I would advise not mixing green dragons and giants, but it's up to you, it just depends on how you are using both troops. For me, shedding giants made it make sense to switch to an elven army (adding hunters and your choice of driads, lake fairies and/or sprites) with anga's ruby instead of my dwarven troops. If you have more than 2 stacks or dwarven troops to replace, you can consider elves, too, but i would stick with the female troops (as many as wanted) along with Green dragons, Hunters, and whatever other (human, orc, elven or neutral) troops you want

Gatts
11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Well - this "bug" is working for my strategy perfectly - as negaive morale has not impact on the Green Dragon abilities (at least not to the magic source one) and on the other hand I use Giants as TANK units - so positive morale adding att/def/critical is very valued for me :)

I like it.

SirJohn
11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Since Giants are not much use with the flying creatures you run into in the late game, I think I will start switching to elves for a while. It just stinks to have to change my whole army out. I wish the morale penalty was not as severe in this game. One different troop and everyone freaks out- are these soldiers or crybabies?

TemjinGold
11-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Since Giants are not much use with the flying creatures you run into in the late game, I think I will start switching to elves for a while. It just stinks to have to change my whole army out. I wish the morale penalty was not as severe in this game. One different troop and everyone freaks out- are these soldiers or crybabies?

I'd freak out too if my comrades thought of me as food... :grin:

ywhtptgt
11-29-2008, 02:26 AM
I'd freak out too if my comrades thought of me as food... :grin:
Or if you are fighting along side with demons, corpses, and annoying kids. But on the other hand... troops without mind-affecting abilities should have positive morale when teamed with demonesses...

Keneth
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Well their morale might be higher but they'd still recieve penalties since they wouldn't be able to focus on the fight. :mrgreen: