PDA

View Full Version : Cheats for Spells? For testing purposes...

TemjinGold
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, do any of you know how if it's possible to cheat for spell scrolls? I mainly need 4 spells (Armageddon, Doom, Life Light, and Hypnosis) as between my current chars (which I've temporarily stopped playing to finish fixing English) I'm only missing these 4 spells. I just want the scrolls to see how my edited spell descriptions look on them. Thanks in advance!

KingNothing
11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
i think there is no cheats for stuff like that

but i can give u some cheats that i found on the net
btw. u just have to enter them in that type screen when u press shift + sometinh

if u want the cheats i can give em to you :)

Keneth
11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Nope there's no way to create items or scrolls, not even in dev mode afaik. If you need to know how they work just ask the community. But I'm pretty sure you get all those spells along the course of the game, except maybe Armageddon, I haven't seen that one yet but then again, I haven't finished the game yet.

Metathron
11-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't seen Armageddon in my two finished games either.

Keneth
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I actually got it just now and it's almost completely useless, but on the bright side, the scroll is worth 60k. :D

TemjinGold
11-23-2008, 06:17 PM
You guys misunderstood me. I mostly want the scrolls to see how my edited descriptions would look in the game. (Not looking to cheat in the game as that's dumb in a game this easy.) Thanks for letting me know it isn't possible though. I might have to finish the other stuff then play till I get the spells before I can check.

The other alternative perhaps is if someone with those spells on a character would be nice enough to offer his/her savefile. I basically just need to be able to load it up and see how the description looks with my text.

UPDATE: Okay I had my L19 Fighter run around Demonis for a bit and found three of the spells. All I'm missing is Life Light now. If anyone can help me get that for testing, it'll be much appreciated!

Keneth
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd give you mine but I'm not sure you could load it up without crashing due to extensive modding efforts on my part. As an alternative you should consider replacing the description of another spell you have with the one from Life Light. Although the parameters likely won't be called properly that way, you should still be able to see how it displays.

Metathron
11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
I actually got it just now and it's almost completely useless, but on the bright side, the scroll is worth 60k. :D

I take it you're not familiar with the one stack army + glot's armor + armageddon? :grin:

@TemjinGold

I can send you one of my saves...send me your email address via PM.

Keneth
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
It still does ridiculously small ammounts of damage for its price, a mage might find some use for it if he absolutely needs to but as a warrior the spell is completely useless.

milo
11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
You can add scrolls by editing hero.txt but scrolls will only be added at the beginning of a new game. For each class there is a list of spells they have at beginning of the game, just edit these parts for the corresponding class you wish to play.

vicheron
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
shift ~ and then type in magicbook

TemjinGold
11-24-2008, 02:19 AM
I'd give you mine but I'm not sure you could load it up without crashing due to extensive modding efforts on my part. As an alternative you should consider replacing the description of another spell you have with the one from Life Light. Although the parameters likely won't be called properly that way, you should still be able to see how it displays.

That's a great idea! I never thought about that before... I'm going to try that!

@Metathron

Thanks for the offer but I guess the suggested idea up top is easier.

@Everyone else

Thanks for offering your help guys!