PDA

View Full Version : How to activate mage's necromancy skill

hedgewitch
11-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm playing as a level 7 Mage on normal, and I've invested in the necromancy skill, which supposedly gives you the ability to raise part of a lost troop after combat. The thing is, I'm not finding any way to do it. Do I have to already possess the spell 'necro-call' or is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks for any answers and appologies if this is posted somewhere and I've missed it.

Ryastar
11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
the way it works, it is will ressurect a percentage of one stack that has killed troops in it, and, in the lower levels of that skill, and if you didn't lose a lot of troops of one stack, you won't have any troops ressurected

hedgewitch
11-20-2008, 04:20 PM
So it works automatically, then? I only have the skill at level one, so this may be why I'm not seeing anything. I'll pay more attention to the actual troop numbers on stacks who aren't completely wiped out--but I don't think anyone is coming back from the dead out of a completely killed stack, for sure.

Thanks for the response.

ywhtptgt
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
the way it works, it is will ressurect a percentage of one stack that has killed troops in it, and, in the lower levels of that skill, and if you didn't lose a lot of troops of one stack, you won't have any troops ressurected

This works exactly like H4's resurrection skill, which is why it is not really a big incentive. On the other hand, if it resurrect up to an equivalent of 5% of the stack's original size, then it's worthwhile.

TemjinGold
11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
The problem is that this skill rounds down, not up. For it to be worthwhile, it needs to round up.

Xargon
11-26-2008, 09:10 PM
If you use timeback, resurrect or similar strategies to minimalize losses, and don't rush right into the enemy with all your troops (and use some fairly effective strategy to begin with), necromancy will do almost nothing for you - at least in my experience (mage, normal). It's nice to have on level3, because then it will revive a small part of your occasional losses, but nowhere close to essential. Plus the 30% bonus to necro call can be handy at times - most notably, it can make the fight with Karador a whole lot easier (it's a pretty good spell anyway).