PDA

View Full Version : Freezing, Burning, and Poisoning Spells...

TemjinGold
11-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows offhand if it's true that all spells that have freeze, burn, and poison percentages are "chance to" do the associated effect. I've undertaken the "clean up the Engrish" project on my files and am up to spells so I want to clarify that if it's true (currently, the descriptions make it sound like flame arrow, poison skull, fireball, etc. ALWAYS apply the effect.) Thanks!

Stepsongrapes
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows offhand if it's true that all spells that have freeze, burn, and poison percentages are "chance to" do the associated effect. I've undertaken the "clean up the Engrish" project on my files and am up to spells so I want to clarify that if it's true (currently, the descriptions make it sound like flame arrow, poison skull, fireball, etc. ALWAYS apply the effect.) Thanks!

From practical experience, the effects definitely do not occur with every use.

I don't have the descriptions in front of me, but I was pretty sure the English was relatively clear on this (e.g., when comparing across levels of a spell, you see the burn chance increase).

TemjinGold
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for your response. You are right in that the percents are present but as an example, Poison skull says deals poison damage and poisons target, which would mean always (and the percent part would say like "Poison: X%" which could mean X% chance or X% of the original damage) while Ice Snake indicates a chance to freeze. I was pretty sure, I just wanted to double check before I fixed that part. :)

alon
11-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your response. You are right in that the percents are present but as an example, Poison skull says deals poison damage and poisons target, which would mean always (and the percent part would say like "Poison: X%" which could mean X% chance or X% of the original damage) while Ice Snake indicates a chance to freeze. I was pretty sure, I just wanted to double check before I fixed that part. :)

Ice Snake is %100 chance to freeze - not damage% , I know because for me that is the only excuse to use this spell at all on Impossible. ;)

TemjinGold
11-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Really? Then what do all those %s do for Ice Snake? I could've sworn it didn't always freeze (especially secondary targets.)

Ulgy
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
You are correct, the freeze is not automatic, the percentage shown is the chance that a unit will be frozen.

Gatts
11-21-2008, 08:12 AM
You are correct, the freeze is not automatic, the percentage shown is the chance that a unit will be frozen.

You mean that there will be 100% chance of attempt freezing a unit, but that each unit has something like "saving throw" that will make it to overcome / ignore the freeze / poison/ burning ?

TemjinGold
11-21-2008, 02:25 PM

Okay thanks!

Ulgy
11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
You mean that there will be 100% chance of attempt freezing a unit, but that each unit has something like "saving throw" that will make it to overcome / ignore the freeze / poison/ burning ?

Currently I am using the spell at the 2nd upgrade level, it is possible that it goes to 100% at 3rd level, but my current mage does not have chaos 3 yet.