PDA

View Full Version : How to learn new Spells ?

ACEofHeart
11-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I must be missing something.. as a Mage, i get the Fireball spell but I have yet to learn any other new attack spell... Are there any others ? How do you learn new ones.. ?

Metathron
11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
You learn them from scrolls that you either pick up on the adventure map, buy in castles, or get as a reward for completing a quest. To scribe the spell in your book, you must click the button next to the scroll, and you'll use crystals to learn (and upgrade) spells.

TemjinGold
11-14-2008, 08:34 PM
You also need to have that skill from the Magic tree. When you first start off, you don't have any of the needed skills.

Metathron
11-14-2008, 08:49 PM
As a mage you do.

Roman
11-14-2008, 10:51 PM
As a mage you do.

No you don't, you have to learn the appropriate skills first - paying the costs for them in runes.

Metathron
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Nevermind, for some reason I was thinking of the Wisdom skill.

Intrepid5295
11-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I have several extra versions of learned skills. What can I do with them?

Roman
11-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I am assuming that you are talking about the higher-level magic skills. These allow you to upgrade your spells to become more powerful. Each upgrade of a spell, however, costs crystals.

kadrzys
11-17-2008, 09:06 AM
it's good to stick with one school because of limited magic crystals and upgrading all spells from all schools is simply immpossible.

Stepsongrapes
11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
it's good to stick with one school because of limited magic crystals and upgrading all spells from all schools is simply immpossible.

Depends. Pumping alchemy very early will let you upgrade to max probably 90% of the spells in the game.

Stepsongrapes
11-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I am assuming that you are talking about the higher-level magic skills. These allow you to upgrade your spells to become more powerful. Each upgrade of a spell, however, costs crystals.

If I'm reading you correctly (and you're addressing the earlier question on extra scroll copies), you seem to think that copies of scrolls are needed to upgrade. They are not.

You only ever need one copy of a given spell. Upgrades cost crystals, but do not require another scroll copy.

Extra copies of a spell should be sold, or used in combat to cast the spell at level 1, without costing mana.

Roman
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
If I'm reading you correctly (and you're addressing the earlier question on extra scroll copies), you seem to think that copies of scrolls are needed to upgrade.

Nope - I was trying to answer his question about higher skills not scrolls. I might be misinterpreting the question, however, as it was not very clear.

You only ever need one copy of a given spell. Upgrades cost crystals, but do not require another scroll copy.

Yep, that's correct.

Extra copies of a spell should be sold, or used in combat to cast the spell at level 1, without costing mana.

I tend to sell them.

Stever717
11-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I have several extra versions of learned skills. What can I do with them?

As long as you have mana points to open your spellbook you can use the extra scrolls to cast spells without using any mana. Also if you have your trade skill up you can sell the scrolls you won't use at any castle for some good money. I sold 75 scrolls for over 100k. Plus if you want to buy a scroll you need to be under the your max scrolls number allowed.