PDA

View Full Version : Question about TIME BACK rage power

Jamers
11-14-2008, 12:30 AM
So I assumed that Time Back just warped a troop back to the POSITION that they were standing on during the previous turn (as it says in the game), and that it was basically used to stall enemy melee troops from closing in.

Then I read a thread that described it as the best rage in the game, saying that it was like a resurrection as well, bringing the troop back to its original number of units as well as changing its physical position (thus making it much more useful for friendly troops versus enemies). Can anyone confirm that this is how it works, or just describe exactly what it does? I've been improving it on level ups and I'm hoping I'm not wasting my level improvements.

Thanks in advance.

Calinda
11-14-2008, 06:17 AM
It restores the numbers, position, buffs/debuffs, and special abilities that the unit had at the start of the previous turn. If the position is occupied by another unit it will not be possible to cast.

Metathron
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I was actually wondering about the same thing. Good to know, this rage is really powerful then, but the description needs to make this clear.

Trevarion
11-14-2008, 02:21 PM
It restores the numbers, position, buffs/debuffs, and special abilities that the unit had at the start of the previous turn. If the position is occupied by another unit it will not be possible to cast.
lol nice to know after maxing out every other skill -.-

kadrzys
11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
if you're using Griffins you may find Timeback very useful:
-at the beginning of your turn send them forward and wait for attacks of all enemy melee units (Griffins retaliate every time! you can cast Magic Spring on them for some mana filling). Next turn same thing and at the end of this turn cast Timeback on Griffins^^ two turns for free:P

-this is kinda risky but: split your griffins and send them into fight. At the end of next turn cast Timeback on original stack. They'll become unleadershiped and out of your control but as I observed still attacking enemy units (like under Berserk spell). I'm playing on Normal and maybe on Hard and Impossible they'll start attacking your own troops, I don't know. Works fine on Normal and you don't need to bother with any loses of them.

I use Timeback also on Cannoneers for second Salvo, on Inqs for Ressurection for my Dragons, on Royal Snakes after some wild fight under Berserk spell, on tanking unit under Target spell if taken massive loses and many other times you will figure out yourself during battle;)

but remeber to not occupy previous position of the unit you want to Timeback with your own troop (and try to foresee computer moves)

MajorS
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
What i use it for is to charge in with my Fairies and get some quick damage in as well as stopping alot of the other troops to not advance but instead attack. Before the end of the round i use Time Back and the Fairie stack is back to its starting position(careful in round one when using tactics, the spot where they appear before tactics counts) at full health. You can also use this with Dryads to cast sleep and then use Time Back to recharge skills.

I would call it the second best Rage tho, Charges are even more powerful. My Warrior gets 30 Mana every 3 rounds atm.

kadrzys
11-15-2008, 09:25 AM
damn your chargers must be awesome I didn't focused at them but now I'll try to develop it. How much rage do they cost you?

MajorS
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
45 Rage, but the chargers return 30, so you get 30 Mana for 15 Rage. As a Warrior Rage is never a real issue anyway.

kadrzys
11-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm playing a Warrior and I have a lot of Rage and always not enough Mana so I'm developing charges now;)