PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a basic mission editor in the game?

guiltyspark
11-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Where we can select our plane , loadout , and paint scheme ?

And of course what level we will be flying in and what ground , sea , or air targets there are to complete the mission.

What about Starting altitude , weather conditions , and time of day?

Is there anything like this in the works for the game ?

Or are we going to have to re-fly all of the 50 singleplayer missions?

jt_medina
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I hope for a basic mission editor. I donĀ“t see myself flying the same missions over and over again. :)
In fact it would make the simulator far much better with unlimited gameplay.

Graphically the game looks stunning, if it has same il2 FM, similar Multiplayer and a mission editor... perfect!

Anton Yudintsev
11-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Where we can select our plane , loadout , and paint scheme ?

And of course what level we will be flying in and what ground , sea , or air targets there are to complete the mission.

What about Starting altitude , weather conditions , and time of day?

There is training mode, where you can select planes (yours and enemies), starting altitude, weather conditions, location.
It is not full scaled 'mission editor', but it can help to play w/o MP.

guiltyspark
11-14-2008, 02:17 PM
There is training mode, where you can select planes (yours and enemies), starting altitude, weather conditions, location.
It is not full scaled 'mission editor', but it can help to play w/o MP.

AWESOME

this game is going to be so great!

Is there going to be any chance of a playable demo for people unsure about buying the game some time in the future?

Anton Yudintsev
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
AWESOME

this game is going to be so great!

Is there going to be any chance of a playable demo for people unsure about buying the game some time in the future?

Depends on publisher decision.
Can't answer you now.
Well, there is plenty of time before release, in any case.

Buggins
11-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Depends on publisher decision.
Can't answer you now.
Well, there is plenty of time before release, in any case.

Anton I know you're not sure about exact release date yet, but could you give us a rough idea? I was told Q1 2009, is that about right?

Cheers

guiltyspark
11-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Anton I know you're not sure about exact release date yet, but could you give us a rough idea? I was told Q1 2009, is that about right?

Cheers

just assume some time in 2009

even pinning a game release to a quarter of the year is insanely hard

Buggins
11-16-2008, 04:19 AM
just assume some time in 2009

even pinning a game release to a quarter of the year is insanely hard

Yeah, I guess so.

Anton Yudintsev
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Cheers

It was never planned to release game in Q1'09.
I guess, the game will be finished in end of Q1 - beginning of Q2.
But for console games there is huge time needed after RC till street date.
There are submissions to platformholders, manufacture time, etc.
Moreover, we are planning simultaneous release for all platforms.

So, please, just wait - the game won't slip 09, I promise (of course, if something as unpredictable as WorldWarIII not happen).
The game is in playable alpha stage, it was demonstrated on Igromir (Russian customer's show), it has full content ready, and we are polishing, optimizing, bugfixing - there is nothing that can stop us (well, except publisher or war).

guiltyspark
11-16-2008, 04:30 PM

So, please, just wait - the game won't slip 09, I promise (of course, if something as unpredictable as WorldWarIII not happen).
The game is in playable alpha stage, it was demonstrated on Igromir (Russian customer's show), it has full content ready, and we are polishing, optimizing, bugfixing - there is nothing that can stop us (well, except publisher or war).love the work you guys are doing

tell the team the 2 fans on the forum are rooting for ya !

Buggins
11-17-2008, 01:50 AM

The game is in playable alpha stage, it was demonstrated on Igromir (Russian customer's show), it has full content ready, and we are polishing, optimizing, bugfixing - there is nothing that can stop us (well, except publisher or war).

Thanks Anton, I didn't mean to sound pushy:rolleyes:
Let's hope for no WW3!

SlappyDingle
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Is there the possibility of customizing the planes with insignias or squad markings? A library of design work to choose from would be great!

Do you guys plan on including medals for single/online multiplay achievements etc.? Air Medal, Distinguished Flying Cross, etc. and all the various Russian, German, Japanese equivalents would be fantastic! It would be so cool to have a medal chest/album to see them all and the dates acquired a la Battlefield2 and Halo3 etc...