PDA

View Full Version : I want to get married!

Roman
11-13-2008, 03:30 AM
To Whom It May Concern,

Lo and behold my fellow adventurers. Having spent some lonely time traipsing around Darion and the Isles of Freedom, I feel the need for some companionship. I, therefore, intend to seek out a woman to wed that would share my joys and sorrows and accompany me on my journeys through the land. Alas, I know not yet, which fair maiden would be suitable! Mayhap, thou who have travelled the land more extensively may lend me a helping hand here and perhaps recommend a fitting bride, whom I shall cherish until the end of days and beyond! I await your advice with eagerness and anticipation, for my soul grows fonder with each passing moment for a companion with whom I could share my fortunes.

Yours Faithfully

Roman, The Mage

Jamers
11-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Wow. You are really into this game.

For a mage, I'd recommend getting Feanora, the Frog (princess?) from Marshan Swamp. That is, if you didn't bag her and hand her over to the Duke or the Earl or whatever in Arlania.
If instead you chose to get the potion for him and free her sisters, you can wed her, and she gives +3 intellect in her human form and +100% attack for snakes and spiders in her frog form (not nearly as useful unless you're leading an army with a couple troops of snakes and spiders, obviously.)
Also, her slots are 2 artifact, 1 artifact / belt and 1 helmet. Artifacts tend to benefit mages, and I've found both belts and helmets that do as well, so she is definitely a solid choice for a mage.

Know that having children is risky--you don't know which child you're getting (drawn from a pool at random, like everything else in the game) until 10 battles after you talk about it (conceive). Children are risky. Some are really beneficial (my first child on first play through gave +5 intellect), and some are crap (+4 scroll capacity). I'd probably recommend not having children so that you have more control, but it's up to you.

Hope this helps.

Smash
11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Your choice of wife should depend on items you gather in your inventory because they have diffrent slots.

Roman
11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, I thought this would be a more fun way to ask, than simply posing a question: "Which wife is the best for a mage?" ;)

Thanks for the answers!

BTW: Have the bugs with wives (Mirabella crash and Neoka's inability to have children) been corrected yet in a patch or are they only present in some onpatched games rather than all?

Lord_Loffen
11-13-2008, 07:25 PM
they are fixed in the patch, yes

Roman
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
they are fixed in the patch, yes

Thanks! Just to clarify, both of them are fixed, right?

it-ogo
11-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Mayhap, thou who have travelled the land more extensively may lend me a helping hand here and perhaps recommend a fitting bride, whom I shall cherish until the end of days and beyond!

Actually game encourages pragmatic flexibility. :) Different wives give bonuses to different troops, so sometimes adopting the wife to your current army is a good decision. Animals, undeads, pirates, dwarves, elves, demons are best with corresponding wife. Don't be so fogyish, test each candidate.

Trevarion
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Actually game encourages pragmatic flexibility. :) Different wives give bonuses to different troops, so sometimes adopting the wife to your current army is a good decision. Animals, undeads, pirates, dwarves, elves, demons are best with corresponding wife. Don't be so fogyish, test each candidate.

If you're a mage the frog wife just is best until you can get xeona, frog wife gives +3 intel and I had 2 babies giving me +5 intell and 10% mana respectively.

Keneth
11-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd probably recommend not having children so that you have more control, but it's up to you. Seeing this finally drove me to release my mod here (thanks btw, I would have procrastinated forever :-P), so with a tad of shameless self-promotion, might I also interest you in this (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=58388)?

Gatts
11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks! Just to clarify, both of them are fixed, right?

In the official 1.6.5 patch is both Mirabella and Neoka fixed (one won't crash to windows, the other one won't be sterile anymore)

If you don't have 1.6.5 patch, search for mod_16b7_eng_interface.zip or mod_164_eng_interface.zip MOD (fixes Neoka)

For Mirabella search for MOD:
mod_16_eng_fix_mirabella.zip

(yes - this fix works for any version of the game, 16b7, 164, 165 does not need this fix-mod)

Gatts
11-20-2008, 03:12 PM
For the main question it is much harder to answer as it purely depends on the strategy you would like to use in KB. (As you divorce once, you can't get this poor girl back)

Xeona is nice as demons are very strong units + she has 2 weapon slots (very handy)

Undead zombie girl / Bandit princess - she can be changed, has very balanced slots, and if you want go for undead army (as I do so often) she is the must (+ 1 speed + 1 initiative for undead)

Frog princess / frog : +3 INT (not such a big deal) or +100% attack to snakes (would it be + 1 init/speed to snakes - would be better)
Also I would not go for the +xxx% attack bonuses so much - is underpowered (once I maxed by cheating my INT to 4000 -> used berserk on shooters, - should be + 2000% to attack - my priests had 480 or so attack, did 380 dmg instead 100 -> is this really worth?)

Neoka is beutifull and has slots that can hold very useful items (regalia) but well, not to mention that many tactics praise the elven units, like dryads (I don't like elves - are wusses)

Mirabella - may be beutifull, but I really can't imagine she could be usefull later on in the game (still some players have good tactics with pirates... again these would be useless later in the game )

I liked dwarven units - canoneer, giant... so then the dwarven girl would be my choise - with dwarven units you can fight till the game end (have huge HP/ resistance)... would ressurection work on giants - I would never use undead units... sad is that dwarven units desperately need some other units to be mixed up with ... than you have a lot of planning in your way to re-think which units go as prior and which as secondary.

Ish
11-21-2008, 03:23 AM
For the main question it is much harder to answer as it purely depends on the strategy you would like to use in KB. (As you divorce once, you can't get this poor girl back)

Xeona is nice as demons are very strong units + she has 2 weapon slots (very handy)

Undead zombie girl / Bandit princess - she can be changed, has very balanced slots, and if you want go for undead army (as I do so often) she is the must (+ 1 speed + 1 initiative for undead)

Frog princess / frog : +3 INT (not such a big deal) or +100% attack to snakes (would it be + 1 init/speed to snakes - would be better)
Also I would not go for the +xxx% attack bonuses so much - is underpowered (once I maxed by cheating my INT to 4000 -> used berserk on shooters, - should be + 2000% to attack - my priests had 480 or so attack, did 380 dmg instead 100 -> is this really worth?)

Neoka is beutifull and has slots that can hold very useful items (regalia) but well, not to mention that many tactics praise the elven units, like dryads (I don't like elves - are wusses)

Mirabella - may be beutifull, but I really can't imagine she could be usefull later on in the game (still some players have good tactics with pirates... again these would be useless later in the game )

I liked dwarven units - canoneer, giant... so then the dwarven girl would be my choise - with dwarven units you can fight till the game end (have huge HP/ resistance)... would ressurection work on giants - I would never use undead units... sad is that dwarven units desperately need some other units to be mixed up with ... than you have a lot of planning in your way to re-think which units go as prior and which as secondary.

Your understanding of attack and defence bonuses is incomplete.

there is a 300% cap to increased damage for having a higher attack value then the targets defence..

+100% attack is very useful!

YENKO
11-21-2008, 02:29 PM
If you recruit ONE peasant, start a battle with someone, then run away (lose battle) is that considered as ONE battle? If yes, it would be trivial to 'complete' those 10 battles that way, right :) If you don't like your newborn, you would need just few minutes to 'pick' another one..;)

Gatts
11-21-2008, 02:43 PM
If you recruit ONE peasant, start a battle with someone, then run away (lose battle) is that considered as ONE battle? If yes, it would be trivial to 'complete' those 10 battles that way, right :) If you don't like your newborn, you would need just few minutes to 'pick' another one..;)

That would be quite clever strategy - still I believe that artefacts are better than the best child (even using next generation mod), not only as you can change them, but that they are actually really better.

nemo37
11-23-2008, 07:39 AM
who is the best wife for a warrior?

Smash
11-23-2008, 10:01 PM
It is really depend on items you have, if you have 3x banner of true fate go for elfish princess :P.

Keneth
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM
There's no such thing as "best wife for a class" unless you plan on having babies. It's all about the items, although if you're trying to build up attack for some silly reason go for Xeona since she has 2 weapon slots apart from simply being awesome. :P

Danny
11-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Dear Gamer Gatts,

Where can we recruit the following wives?
1) Xeona
2) Bandit princess
3) Dwarf girl
Thanks for your kind assistance

Danny

Nike-it
11-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Dear Gamer Gatts,

Where can we recruit the following wives?
1) Xeona
2) Bandit princess
3) Dwarf girl
Thanks for your kind assistance

Danny

HI you can get married in following locations:
1) Xeona - Demonis, Castle where you get the key to Haas's Labyrinth
2) Bandit Princess (Rina) - In Greenwort, in the house of the Rotten Hake
3) Dwarf girl - Lower Hardar, lord's castle

Gatts
11-25-2008, 12:32 PM
HI you can get married in following locations:
1) Xeona - Demonis, Castle where you get the key to Haas's Labyrinth
2) Bandit Princess (Rina) - In Greenwort, in the house of the Rotten Hake
3) Dwarf girl - Lower Hardar, lord's castle

Thank you Nike-it, I wouldn't do it better, I just can add a little note:
1) You have to beat Xeona in battle first
also you can hurry for her sooner than you get the key quest, even sooner than you resque the dwarven prince - if you would like to go for her ASAP, and are very skilled in running from neutrals :) Still you can't dodge the fight with Xeona herself
2) To get Rina (bandit/zombie girl) is possible if you succesfully finish the Zombie Miller quest - which comes very soon in the game and if you are skilled enough you can finish it at the nearly total beginning of the game
3) Her Father (sorry, don't remember his name) will give you old-school quest - SAVE MY DOUGHTER - this is tricky as well - you need to beat not few cyclops :)

Gatts
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
who is the best wife for a warrior?

I would say XEONA, but also I agree there is nothing like "Best wife"

Example: I have only undead army, still I have Feonora - as I need the +3 INT more than Speed/INIT

Or I have elves, but still I have Xeona (as I need her 2x weapon slots)

Or I have only one unit of dwarves (GIANT) and 4 units of elves (2 shooters, dryads, druids) - Still I have dwarven wife, instead elven wife - as my giants are TANK units and they need ATT/DEF more then the other "backyard" units.

See? - It is a lot about combinations and really not a lot about planning - as you can't plan what units will be for hire, what artefacts you get... etc.

Danny
11-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Dear Gamers Gatts & Nike-it

It seems that i am unable to get the Zombie Miller quest. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Danny
11-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Dear Gamers,

Got something good to share but do not know how to post in correct thread.

At Taron Mines, after i help the commander of Castle Dogubo (not sure abt name but castle is at south of Taron Mines), i went finish off the elf quest to restore elf queen soul.

After that i went back to Castle Dogubo in Taron Mines and spoke to the commander again and discover i can exchange gold for magic crystals, mind, might or magic runes!!

time to collect as much gold!!

Danny

Keneth
11-26-2008, 02:29 AM
As far as I know you get that option as soon as you finish the dwarf main quest and also, they're asking ridiculous ammounts of money for them. You might be able to afford it on normal, or hard even but doubtfully on impossible. And you get the zombie miller quest from that village elder or whatever he is, I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Gatts
11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Dear Gamers Gatts & Nike-it

It seems that i am unable to get the Zombie Miller quest. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

What needs to be finished to get the zombie miller quest:

1.)Get and resolve the "thorns" quest" for the town elder (I am not sure if any solution is OK - but I think it is - as sometimes I kill the thorn king, sometimes I fertileze it)

2.) Travel little bit or advance in main quest little bit (or just speak with someone important)

3.) check again the same town elder (the town near the King Mark's castle) to get new quest - The miller zombie quest

4.) to continue - click twice on the mill - now you will be asked if you like to advance in the mill dungeon - say YES

5.) Ask the miller for all info (don't kill him - important)

6.) speak with the mage

7.) speak again with miller (still don't kill him)

8.) speak again with mage

9.) travel to Hake and ask about the ring

10.) talk with Hake's wife (Hake will allow you to) she is zombie now - tell her how buetiful day is, how she beutiful is, how you are sad, how much you miss the same ring she is having and tell her "what about one day I will have this ring and you the other" she will say yes if your INT is good enough

11.) return with the ring to mage (the mage near King Mark's castle)

12.)surpress the ring guardians (don't move away from mage)

13.) speak again with mage.

14.) speak with miller, tell him the right words/phrase (if your INT is good enough, you will know which one it is - otherwise, good luck - or write it down when talking with mage)

15.) Miller is fine, talk with town elder (yep - you don't kill the miller zombie - sad, I know)

16.) Now get back to Hake and ask him for his wife (he will ask 3K, 4K or 5K - I don't know based on what he allows you to get her for cheaper price, but I bought her for 5K and I had 18 INT)

17.) You have Rina - Zombie - if you like Rina-bandit princess - talk to her and "say magic formula"

18.) Done you are, so am I

Danny
11-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Thank you Gatts & gamers who have helped me find a better wife!

Does anyone know if someone has a detailed analysis of creatures to see which group is the best (elf, drawf, human, undead, demons, dragons, etc) value for money and which is the best in their level (level 1 to 5)

Thanks in advance

Danny

lauvhk
11-27-2008, 07:16 AM
About Gatts point 14.

If you are a mage, the dialogue options will show what one is correct. If you are Paladin/Warrior, you will get +1 Intellect if you spell out the correct version in your first try. If somehow you truly forgot the spell , you can visit Hake first because that's the last chance to refresh your memory without reloading a previous game.

The above is based on the assumption that you finish the quest in your early adventure and I have completed the quest in all 3 characters. The last I tried with is a warrior with 11 intellect (item + wife) at level 5 and I still receive +1 bonus.

Gatts
11-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you Gatts & gamers who have helped me find a better wife!

Does anyone know if someone has a detailed analysis of creatures to see which group is the best (elf, drawf, human, undead, demons, dragons, etc) value for money and which is the best in their level (level 1 to 5)

Thanks in advance

Danny

Search for fan russian manual on this forum - there is also translated ENG version of course - there is 100% accurate description of each spell/creature/ wife etc...

Wow, I totally missed the fact that I can gain +1 INT in this quest ... COOOL, thanks!

Rinah
12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Rina is a good choice if you want to make your robbers and pirates better fighters or improve your undead army. She is a good girl too... You should marry Rina and never divorce!:rolleyes:

Gatts
12-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Rina is a good choice if you want to make your robbers and pirates better fighters or improve your undead army. She is a good girl too... You should marry Rina and never divorce!:rolleyes:

If you find one specific MOD you can have undead from the total beginning (this mod I speak of gives you "transform undead" button in your hero screen - you can convert any unit into undead ...

+ on this Forum you can download AoD MOD (gives you the option of converting 4 other types into undead... one of this units is archmage - recruitable at early state of game ... you just always need 2 archmages to get one undead "adept of darkness" FYI... )

So no need to loose your time with living scum bandits... you can go directly for lovely undead

Davy
12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I married Mirabella, have 1 child with her. ROFL
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1803/screen081219000tu2.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen081219000tu2.jpg)
What is the best wife for a paladin?