PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: Armored Princess (general discussion)

Nike-it
11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
1C Company and Katauri Interactive announce development of King's Bounty: Armored Princess (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess). This will be a sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her mentor, Bill Gilbert.

jta
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Thaks gods. i hope we will not wait too long for expansion ;-)

Ish
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Just registered to say.. hurray! looking forward to it

As a big fan of HOMM i instinctively liked KB, but where heroes (5 atleast...) is only fun multiplayer, KB is great single player.

NelsMonsterX
11-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Looks . . . freakin' . . . SWEET! :grin:

Stever717
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Wait a minute I thought the princess was a blond as a child?

Anyway, can't wait for the add-on, hope it is big as the original KB :grin:

NatashaQuick
11-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Haha, she is blonde. It doesn't really matter to me though. I really like the pegasus she's riding! :D

Roman
11-14-2008, 04:24 AM
I am looking forward to the expansion already, even though I am not even close to finishing the main game yet! :)

Infiltrator
11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
1C Company and Katauri Interactive announce development of King's Bounty: Armored Princess (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess). This will be an add-on to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her tutor, Bill Gilbert.

You can find detailed overview, list of new features and screenshots on our web-site here (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess).

Thanks, but, 2nd link is wrong!

Metathron
11-15-2008, 05:41 PM
"Armored Princess" is such a clumsy, uninspired title. Why not change it to something like "The Shield Maiden" or something...?

HitmanN
11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
"Armored Princess" is such a clumsy, uninspired title. Why not change it to something like "The Shield Maiden" or something...?

It may be clumsy, but it's also powerful in a way. Princesses don't usually come with armor, but rather pretty dresses, tiaras and blonde hair (which is possibly one reason why Amelie's hair is now black instead), so it's kinda like... something like Swordmaster Cinderella. It's an unusual combination. Besides, no offense, but 'The Shield Maiden' sounds like something out of a cliché fantasy book. :-P

Not saying Armored Princess is the best possible title, but it's as clumsy as most of the names and translations we've seen so far, and that's one thing I find charming about many Russian titles.

Zhuangzi
11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
They can call it King's Bounty: Fun with Fairies for all I care. If it's anything like as good as the main game (which it will be) then I will be downloading it the minute it's available on Gamersgate. :cool:

Gatts
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
O gosh, I would love to get it beta-tested. Or at least get a DEMO... o gosh o gosh...

it-ogo
11-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Obviously princess should be able to acquire an item granting strong inspiration boost for all male humanoids in her army. Let's call it "magic cosmetics bag".

kennec
11-18-2008, 07:35 PM
nice

i will get this one for sure...

to bad i bought a new computer now and have to play shitty games untill this comes out.

KAUTARI GIVE ME A CALL IF U NEED A BETA TESTER! I DO IT FOR FREE

Zhuangzi
11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Likewise, if you need a proofreader for the English translation (to get rid of typoes) then I'm your man. I teach High School English. :)

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Likewise, if you need a proofreader for the English translation (to get rid of typoes) then I'm your man. I teach High School English. :)

I fear your overtures will fall on deaf ears my young padawan.

Zhuangzi
11-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, I hope not. I imagine that there wouldn't be THAT many lines of text in the whole game. I doubt it would be more than 10 hours of work, max.

It's really worth considering (if not me then another native English speaker) because it is the kind of thing that English language reviews will make note of - and mark down in their final score.

Roman
11-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Well, I hope not. I imagine that there wouldn't be THAT many lines of text in the whole game. I doubt it would be more than 10 hours of work, max.

I agree. In fact, I doubt it would take more than one working day (8 hours) to correct the glaring mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but even I would be able to make plenty of corrections just by skimming the text. I think a part of the problem is that some idiomatic expressions don't translate well from Russian to English.

Having said that, I must confess that I find the somewhat awkward translation charming in its own way. :)

It's really worth considering (if not me then another native English speaker) because it is the kind of thing that English language reviews will make note of - and mark down in their final score.

You do realize, though, that by reading the text you would also read huge spoilers, right? Of course, it is the gameplay in KBL that is most of the fun, but still... it is nice to play it in the context of an unspoiled story.

Zhuangzi
11-19-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't really care about the spoilers. To be honest, I find the story in KB pretty expendable. I barely read the text other than to find out what my options are and what I have to do.

jake21
11-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Well I think it would be difficult (and incorrect) to fix the translation out of context. You might be able to fix grammar and spelling but I find some of the translation in the current game to be plain incorrect. Therefore, you will need to playtest as you correct the grammar. This would best be done by someone fluent in both russian idiom and english idiom (definitely not me).

I don't really care about the spoilers. To be honest, I find the story in KB pretty expendable. I barely read the text other than to find out what my options are and what I have to do.

nakago
11-20-2008, 05:54 AM
So for this new add on i assume you still need the original game installed?
just beat the game and wondering if i should uninstall it or not...

it-ogo
11-20-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't really care about the spoilers. To be honest, I find the story in KB pretty expendable.
The overall story is nothing to do with but many sidequests are funny and unexpecting. They make at least the first game more nice.

Well I think it would be difficult (and incorrect) to fix the translation out of context. You might be able to fix grammar and spelling but I find some of the translation in the current game to be plain incorrect. Therefore, you will need to playtest as you correct the grammar. This would best be done by someone fluent in both russian idiom and english idiom (definitely not me).

And remember that text is not only storyline but also technical comments, terms, help etc. And it should be synchronized over the game: naming the same object by different terms can be strongly confusing (as my experience says).

As for idioms I doubt they can be "translated" at all. For example, the shoal of fishes ablility of Slim besides its plain translation "hell's shoal" in Russian slang has two more meanings: 1. "very strong narcotic cigar"; 2. "critical error". How would you translate it?

You may like it or not but writers have very specific style and humor which in many cases is hardly translatable.

But if the English translation is really grammatikally inkorrekt some additional plain professional korrektions is definitely good idea.

Anatoly
11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
So for this new add on i assume you still need the original game installed?
just beat the game and wondering if i should uninstall it or not...

This should be a stand-alone add-on. At least it is planned for now to make it this way. We will make an announcement if anything changes.

Infiltrator
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
This should be a stand-alone add-on. At least it is planned for now to make it this way. We will make an announcement if anything changes.

Thanks for this. Good news.

NatashaQuick
11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
That is good. It's best to bring in as many new customers as possible!

Smash
11-22-2008, 12:07 PM
On main site state release "I Quarter of 2009" is this will be world premiere or only local?

Metathron
11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh man, I hope we won't have to wait half a year more again for the English version.

Gatts
11-26-2008, 09:04 AM
On main site state release "I Quarter of 2009" is this will be world premiere or only local?

I am sure I would play it even in Russian, with dictionanries on my lap, that's for sure.

I just hope 1Q Y09 does mean January, not April 29th

Anyway - my christmass is screwed - not that playing KB for xxx th time would be bad, but playing Armored Princess would be just HUGE way better.

Telstar
12-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I wanna! :)))

Metroplex
12-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Check it out!:

http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/

p.s. You must be able to read Russian!

Lestas
12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Here are some portraits from the expansion.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Maybe it is just that my Grafic Card is low quality - so my KG tL impressions are skewed, still I have the feeling that these portraits are somehow improved ... if that is so, I expect even music being improved (maybe now I expect too much)

Lestas
12-13-2008, 04:57 PM
A new lvl 2 unit of Lizards race
Fast attack and support unit
Features: Slither Scales, Spear, Bloodlust, Pack
Skills: Run, Seal of Blood, Blood Magic

Snarl
12-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I hope the Expansion merges well with the original game, somewhat like Heroes of Might & Magic III Complete where you can select all Maps, Campaigns, scenarios from a common interface. Having to launch the main game and the expansion as separate games is irritating (Like Heroes of Might & Magic V and it's two expansions).

saikathos
12-15-2008, 07:07 AM
hope 1 of the new units are angels and archangels

Gatts
12-15-2008, 11:04 AM

Wow - looks like Sltith from Avernum series :)

Newbie1234
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
The Expansion looks great!

WhiteFoxie
12-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I've only begun to play the main game (thank you Santa!) but this looks even more awesome.
I don't think that there hasn't been any kind of game like this in a loooong time. (Maybe Spellforce... but that was RTS, this is TBS.)

It looks absolutly stunning.

Here are some portraits from the expansion.
This time, the artwork resembles older titles like Baldur's Gate. I LOVE it!

New engine supporting the latest graphic effects
Wooow. Can we have some biscuits with that? ;)

It really is turning out to be very nice.
My only concern is, why not include an editor of some sorts? Or, multiplayer. Or both.

BUT, there is always room for a second expansion OR a BIG patch. :o

Just to say, this expansion looks awesome but I hope it thrives a bit longer on it's succes then the main game. All that effort and then leave it gathering dust again? :(

*Goes off to watch the screenshots some more.*

WhiteFoxie
12-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Check it out!:

http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/

p.s. You must be able to read Russian!

Google is your friend when it comes to translating! :grin:
But thanks for the link! (And sorry for doubleposting!)

rie
01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
i'm not finish yet, but this is a great news.. and hopefully for a better gameplay, i mean.. i'm tired searchin' 'troops', why can't we have a castle and 'breedin' 'em ourselves, u know like heroes?

snyderm
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Kings Bounty seems like a very good game (except for my DEP crashes), but really, do we have to play as a girl?

How many women are there that play these games? Close to zero I would think. Its just kind of bizarre in my opinon.

Will Atari will carry this title?

phoenixreborn
01-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Well I don't find anything wrong with playing as a female character. And lots of girls play video games.

King's Hunty
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm a male (and straight if that is necessary to mention) and if I got to choose would I play a woman or man I played a female because I rather watch a beautiful petite character than a one with hairy muscles expanding out of his armour.

Elias_Maluco
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm a male (and straight if that is necessary to mention) and if I got to choose would I play a woman or man I played a female because I rather watch a beautiful petite character than a one with hairy muscles expanding out of his armour.

Same here. Whenever I got to choose among a male and female characteer, I will go with the female. Specially if I can customize her apperance. I guess that sounds a little perverted.

Gatts
01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Especially if there is a option of changing her clothes... UPS!!! Someone gone kinky here... hentai alarm.

idanfima@gmail.com
01-25-2009, 10:43 PM
haamm the expansion looks nice..
am i the only one who noticed that the little dragon looks very very like the cartoon movie character stitch from lilo and stitch? :O s

BB Shockwave
01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Can someone translate the screenshots to english? I mean the ones where we see abilities of the little dragon (who looks an awefull lot like Stich from Lilo&Stich... I hope he grows up to be more dragon-like), like these:

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_armored_princess/247160#show

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_armored_princess/247161#show

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_armored_princess/246627#show

I'm curious as to what these abilities do...

Dabrinko
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm used to wait on fun stuff, like new games, for a long time. It's no matter.

So please, take the extra time and do some extra localisation QA, when translating.

Take a few extra months, have som fluent guys and gals go over it. My linguistic soul cringed a more than a few times when reading some of the translations in the main game.

spamm
02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
New screenshots:

1 (http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/img/screen_090218_002.jpg) 2 (http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/img/screen_090218_033.jpg) 3 (http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/img/screen_090213_003.jpg) 4 (http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/img/screen_090218_009.jpg)

Dabrinko
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
It seems like you can change the color of her hair. Fine, but hopefully just cosmetic.

We can see the henchman, new medals, and some new skills in the mind tree. They've replaced a few, but at the bottom is a resurrection-icon. I wonder what it does.

And in another shot there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- *takes deep breath* -uuuuuuuge demon of some sort. Nifty.

There also seem to be a few "alternate upgrades" (reskins, for the cynics) to the old units.

Lord_Loffen
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Spoiler in white: Isn't the big demon Baal? I heard in some interviews that he would try to conquer Endoria. Also you can see it's outside of King Marks castle

I thought the hair color depend on what class you were...

Dabrinko
02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
That makes even more sense...

Blonde is "Paladin" then?

Koki
02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Upgraded Knights and Dwarves? Sweet.
Love to see so many new skills. I thought they'll reuse most of them.
[Edit]Actually some of them might only have new icons...

And portrait of the Warrior as an artifact :)

Also: Level 11 and only 15 Rage/Mana?

Also also: Level 21 and only 151k gold?

spamm
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Addon FAQ (http://translate.google.ru/translate?prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsbounty.ru%2Fforum%2Findex.php% 3Fshowtopic%3D2826&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=)

2late
02-24-2009, 09:27 AM
hi, I'm new here - I just made this account because something worries me. King's Bounty was my 2008 GOTY and I'm really looking forward to playing the Armored Princess expansion. But in the recent FAQ it says the game will last for about 10 hours. Please tell me that is a translation error or something. I've played the first one for about 2 and a half months and now the expansion is a game that can be finished in 2 days?

The first one had about 60 hours of gameplay - how many will the expansion have? just 10? Will it at least have a map editor? :(

PS: congratulations you guys for making one of the most amazing game to come out in recent years - I really hope the expansion will get the media attention it deserves

Zhuangzi
02-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Don't stress. I've read a lot of this translated stuff and it sure is confusing, but it'll be way more than 10 hours. There are 50 levels, remember. Perhaps they mean 10 hours less than the original game. :)

Ryastar
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Or ten hours more...

Yeah, that link spamm gave only leads to confusion.

Koki
02-25-2009, 06:07 AM
As I understand it, they say the game will be 10 hours shorter because there will be less enemy troops in general.

spamm
02-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Don't worry :)
Last info: Addon will be on 20 % less on time concerning the original because of smaller number of similar fights.

Will it at least have a map editor?
It is planned

2late
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
will there be be a pack containing both games (the original and the expansion) available at launch?

MAXIMVS
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Double packs generally appear after they think they have sold all the individual games they can!

There's no sense in selling something at a discount when customers are prepared to pay full price.

Leind
03-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I hope all the area will looks like Darion (the first continent) which was very well crafted and full of quest, battles, etc.
As opposed to the last maps (meghard, murock, even Demonis) that were very bland and very small.

Zhuangzi
03-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope all the area will looks like Darion (the first continent) which was very well crafted and full of quest, battles, etc.
As opposed to the last maps (meghard, murock, even Demonis) that were very bland and very small.

I agree with that, except for Demonis which I thought was okay. Darion was easily the best area in the game. Mehgard and Murock were poor. I'm sure the devs will have spent time working on the new areas for AP. :)

wolfing
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Did this change? According to this link http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/gamebanshee-news-73/kings-bounty-armored-princess-officially-announced-104373.html it is not stand-alone

Nike-it
03-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Did this change? According to this link http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/gamebanshee-news-73/kings-bounty-armored-princess-officially-announced-104373.html it is not stand-alone

I can officially prove that Armored Princes is a stand-alone add-on, and you won't need original KB to play it.

Zhuangzi
03-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Will it be full price, Nike-it? Like $40 US? Or cheaper?

Also, will there be a Russian demo? I would be willing to muddle through with it for the same of having a look. :cool:

Nike-it
03-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Will it be full price, Nike-it? Like $40 US? Or cheaper?

Also, will there be a Russian demo? I would be willing to muddle through with it for the same of having a look. :cool:

There is no any info about the price yet. Russian demo is not planed.

Saridu
04-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I can officially prove that Armored Princes is a stand-alone add-on, and you won't need original KB to play it.

So let me try and get this right and excuse the post if it's be asked before.

Do you mean a multi mode expansion or stand alone or add on?

Add on meaning adds into the original expansion if detected updating the original version with the new resources. Diablo 2 or Titan Quest are examples of this style. This is of course the golden prize, would make playing through the original again worth it.

Stand alone and/or expansion could work the warhammer (Dawn of War) way, it would install and you could play it without the original but you could only use the races from that pack - they all worked alone or together. It's a great model and would make new players eager to buy the original if they don't have it yet.

The last is the dreaded isolated expansion (which isn't really an add on, just a stand alone expansion) the two games do not integrate, you play either on or the other and no new resources are added to the original. Dungeon Siege 2 :Broken World worked like this and it's imho the worst possible scenario, in that case you had to have the original but no content was shared so it was just a cheap way of forcing gamers to own the original.

Could anybody clarify? I'm sorry if it's been cleared up already - I've been out of this loop for a couple of months :)

Nike-it
04-01-2009, 05:56 AM
So let me try and get this right and excuse the post if it's be asked before.

Do you mean a multi mode expansion or stand alone or add on?

Add on meaning adds into the original expansion if detected updating the original version with the new resources. Diablo 2 or Titan Quest are examples of this style. This is of course the golden prize, would make playing through the original again worth it.

Stand alone and/or expansion could work the warhammer (Dawn of War) way, it would install and you could play it without the original but you could only use the races from that pack - they all worked alone or together. It's a great model and would make new players eager to buy the original if they don't have it yet.

The last is the dreaded isolated expansion (which isn't really an add on, just a stand alone expansion) the two games do not integrate, you play either on or the other and no new resources are added to the original. Dungeon Siege 2 :Broken World worked like this and it's imho the worst possible scenario, in that case you had to have the original but no content was shared so it was just a cheap way of forcing gamers to own the original.

Could anybody clarify? I'm sorry if it's been cleared up already - I've been out of this loop for a couple of months :)

With Armored Princes we have the third variant from your list. You don't need the original game and even if you have it, AP won't integrate with it.

Saridu
04-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Well at least they're not forcing people to buy/retain KBtL.

I must admit the first one was so good that even if it was a stinker I would still buy it!

Pity about not upgrading the original though.

Thanks for the info!

wolfing
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Do you know if anything has been done to restrict the most balance breaking spells? (sacrifice, hypnotism, etc)?

Nike-it
04-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Do you know if anything has been done to restrict the most balance breaking spells? (sacrifice, hypnotism, etc)?

This info may appear after the russian release, right now I simply don't know.;)

vicheron
04-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The baby dragon looks a lot like Stitch from "Lilo & Stitch."

Terje22
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
http://gamecritic.ru/games/view.php?id=1643 Review of it

spamm
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Russian fan manual

KBa_manual_1.0.0.2.zip (http://files.games.1c.ru/kingsbounty/developers_files/KBa_manual_1.0.0.2.zip) (19 Mb, 155 pages, pdf)

KBa_manual_light_1.0.0.2.zip (http://files.games.1c.ru/kingsbounty/developers_files/KBa_manual_light_1.0.0.2.zip) (6 Mb, low graphics)

Authors:

Magic_Art (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=FA_Serge)
alexrom66 (http://forums.ag.ru/?board=&action=viewprofile&username=alexrom66)
spamm (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=spamm)

Spoilers !!!

Elwin
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Very nice, someone knows good automatic online document translator ? ( the one used for the prevoius one was quite nice)

Amidamaru86
04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Could any Administrador or Moderator (if they have the slightest idea) give an update of how long it should take to see the English version of Armored Princess please ?

I'm not asking for a specific date, but just a shot like 1 week, 1 month or 6 months etc. I'm a translator by trade, so I know that if the number of pages to translate are more or less the same as in KB: Legend it should take about 60-80 hours tops for a 3 man team (please note that i'm takling about pure translation Russian text-> English text) (considering that Russian and English do not have a mother Language, English -> Germanic, and Russian -> Slavic there will be problems with a good translation . I do not know how long the technical side of replacing Russian to English could take, and also you have to change the audio (cinematics, voices etc).

Thank you in advance.

Nike-it
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Could any Administrador or Moderator (if they have the slightest idea) give an update of how long it should take to see the English version of Armored Princess please ?

I'm not asking for a specific date, but just a shot like 1 week, 1 month or 6 months etc. I'm a translator by trade, so I know that if the number of pages to translate are more or less the same as in KB: Legend it should take about 60-80 hours tops for a 3 man team (please note that i'm takling about pure translation Russian text-> English text) (considering that Russian and English do not have a mother Language, English -> Germanic, and Russian -> Slavic there will be problems with a good translation . I do not know how long the technical side of replacing Russian to English could take, and also you have to change the audio (cinematics, voices etc).

Thank you in advance.

The game is going to be released in the 3d quater of 2009.

Jacquline
06-26-2009, 02:20 AM
haha, i download d...
Very nice game but mage hard to survive ...
lvl 14 still cant find the any attack scroll, and all the upgrade item very hard to defeat ... i think at least need lvl 20++ just can easy defeat the mosters to upgrade the item !!!

DGDobrev
06-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Well, in a way, AP is much harder than KBTL. Overall level diffivulty has been increased and now even in normal, you're in for some challenge. The things for a mage get harder because you start off with Flaming arrow and not fireball as it was in KBTL. Still, it's pretty much manageable with buffs/debuffs helped with an occasional flame arrow in the beginning and stronger spells later. At least here every point in intellect counts :)

Mandea
06-26-2009, 08:51 AM
this is great news, although I finished the russian demo playing on hard without any problems. but that was just the demo.....

DGDobrev
06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
The games gets a lot harder as it progresses. As usual, normal is a nice and fun difficulty to start and get acquainted with the game and the map. However, on hard things change. You will see very strong and overpowering enemies pretty often on normal, even with a warrior. On hard overpowering enemies are pretty common. I'm yet to play the paladin on hard, and then will move on to impossible, but right now, in the late mid-game and nearing the final part of the game, I barely see an enemy that is not overpowering compared to my army. That's not a big cause for concern, of course - with proper units, spells and tactics you can easily beat the crap out of impossible enemies without much hassle.

So the bottom line is that impossible will now be a real challenge, not like in KBTL, where you could easily move from normal (just 1 play-through to get acquainted with the game) directly to impossible.

Pyramid
07-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Good day all hi!!
My name is Rasko i finished as warrior with 53 rd level 38 000 and some leadership game was interesting i played it with auto translator i found here.

I still have no idea how the hell u achieve 45 000 leadership like one of their high scores .

Things i know

Flags bring less leadership!!25-75 100(rare ones)
Tactic in fights tactic is same as 1st part just some new unit
Best unit that i used whole game is paladin ,archdemon can half enemy stack in one hit if he/they have more leadership which is IMBA
Dragons are still IMBA

Best powers of dragon (had dragon level50)
Egg-most definetly can summon up to 1600leadership+90% of ur own of creatures 38 rage
Lava thingy that burns 7 opponents with 3200-3600 damage
Military madness 3000-3700 really mean STUFF
Dive dragon in my case 1900-2400 damage 50 rage

I won invincible/impossible battles with paladins and layed eggs at end eggs would win opponent by summoning near 1000 green snakes 200 queen snakes
up to 100 or more royal griffins (ONLY PALADINS defending while eggs are layed)

Best spell in game is WAKE DRAGON

My buddy soon will finish playing with pala and he l write what he found out

My final statistics before archdemon baal

Attack 42 Defense 38 Intelect 17 Rage 132 mana 56

Warrior 53rd level

I passed game in 4 days of playing

Everyone Enjoy if u have any questions about missions in game or so ask me maybe i l know answer

Jacquline
07-02-2009, 08:27 AM
my mage lvl 43 d, actually quite easy ...
i start play impossible, very easy if u know how to run...
i have 1800++ leadership point and 50k when i am lvl 6, so i become the biggest monster at 1st three island... ( i play mage too )
:)

Pyramid
07-02-2009, 08:32 AM
I played warrior now starting mage !!!

Do you know how to obtain 45 000 leadership!!!

Jacquline
07-02-2009, 08:51 AM
u play impossible?

Pyramid
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
No i played on normal now playing on hard as pala !!!

But can someone tell how the hell did they have 45 000 leadership as one of scores when playing on normal as paladin !!!!!

1C is such a cheater :P

How can you possible get bloody 45 000 leadership !!!!!

travelingoz
07-09-2009, 05:15 AM
It is possible for warriors. Just use wandering scrolls that increase leadership before the final battle. If had 38000 leadership and used the scroll +20% leadership, you would have over 45000 easily. :-)

DGDobrev
07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I also concur that it's possible with a warrior. I finished my normal warrior game at lvl 55 with 40k leadership, keeping in mind I didn't have any big leadership boosting items. Top that 40k with some luck from the flags, 2 marshal's battons (2x1000, regalia), the elven crown (+1000, head), the Princess' Dress (+1000, torso), the Mages's Dress (the demon follower can use a dress in the armor slot; +800/+4 INT, +30% Archmagi crit rate) and that's an extra 4800 leadership, and it can get even higher with the proper items, provided you're bent on going leadership crazy :)

As Paladin, you get less leadership upgrade per level. Even with 2 marshal's battons, I got up to 33k only, but it was more than enough for Hard, because that's +2 human morale. +1 from the Conviction skill and you always have top morale as long as you use humans in your army.

So I guess there's no cheating involved here. Still, most of the screenshots are just to show the game, so I guess there's no problem in even setting a level 1 char with 45k leadership :)

Dargor
07-09-2009, 09:02 AM
About leadership - there is a spell (from "travel magic") giving +20% of leadership for 2 battles. And 'paladins' skill "Training" giving up to 20% of exp permanently.

DGDobrev
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
You're absolutely right :) And this can be a nice asset to your well-being.

However, a note of caution to the other players. The adventure spells (or whatever they will be called in english) have limited use. This means they're best used in battles with bosses and castle sieges. In addition to that, if you're striving for a faster victory, you don't always have the luxury of going back and forward between the continents to add the extra troops.

persoiranian
08-02-2009, 07:51 AM
it seems armored princess is going to be a great game. i've got KB the legend yesterday and i'm going to have plenty of game play to play with KB the legend before moving to Armored Princess After it's Released

BB Shockwave
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Some quick impressions:

-Morale is a more important part of the game. There are now more skills, units and artifacts to increase morale, even for neutral units. Also, enemy units have morale, which is a big innovation. Morale changes during the battle - negative effects, for example, decrease morale!

-Critical Hit chance is shown in unit description now, and many effects and abilities, even skills, change this.

-Certain spells have been majorly re-vamped. Battle Cry, for example, is a mass spell even on level I.

-There are a lot of unit abilities that come into play when a certain number of the unit has been destroyed (Barbarians alway inflict Critical damage after they are halved, Swordsmen get Evasion, Lizardmen/women get new talents, Gobot worms can multiply). This makes the battles more interesting, and moreso makes gives you - or your enemy - a chance to come out on top even after losing many units.

-Unit avaliablity, most likely thanks to listening to feedback at forums, is less random. You can guaranteedly find certain units in certain places, for example Inquisitors - for whom there is much demand for - are for sale in most temples. There is even a Green dragon you can recruit fairly early in the game.

-Similary, most likely after listining to us non-loss game maniacs, you can do the training mission without losses since you get Paladins for your army (and you fight ents, not a dragon).

-Followers are more versatile then wives, and give unique bonuses, some even change during the game.

-Sadly I find the main plot and the quests less diverse then KB-The Legend. Most quests are simply headhunts to kill an enemy hero. There are still complicated quests and tricky ones with multiple outcomes, but far less then in the original game.

-Hint: When choosing your Dragon pet, most give average bonuses like +1attack, +5 Mana, etc. The light blue one, though gives +1 initiative to all animals in the army! This also includes dragons! :)

-Many units have been tweaked and generally, they are more durable and have more then one uses on the battlefield. Most Level 4-5 units got HP increase (Royal thorns are real monsters with their 360 HP!), some too powerfull units have been de-nerfed (Cannoneers have lower initiative, dragons are less fast) and most level 1-2 units got new abilities that make them usefull even in battles against level 4-5 units (Fairies can mark targets for archers, lake dragonflies can paralyze enemies, Pirates can evade attacks, werewolves can increase their numbers similar to ghosts against humanoid enemies).

Zhuangzi
10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about AP being harder than TL. I played the game through on Hard as a Warrior and didn't have many problems.

I found the skills that increased critical hits to be incredibly powerful. By the end of the game my units had at least 30-40% critical chance, which was great. The 'Wake Dragon' spell is very useful for a Warrior, as you can sometimes use the Baby Dragon twice in a turn toward the end of the game, and it negates recharge time of course. Basically I found the Warrior path to be very, very strong. The main Dragon skill toward the end was Dive Dragon, which had been buffed insanely. I was slightly disappointed about the lack of variation in the Dragon's skills. Some of the other things are nice early (the wall is okay, as is the strange egg) but toward the end it was all direct damage.

Time Back is gone, but there's now a spell which does exactly the same thing, so I ended up using that a lot.

I don't think Impossible will be too difficult for a Warrior. As a Mage, it might be more challenging.

Infiltrator
10-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Is there any site where the new spells, creatures etc. are explained in english? We need something to hold us over until release.

Nike-it
10-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Is there any site where the new spells, creatures etc. are explained in english? We need something to hold us over until release.

You can find info about new creatures in this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5243&page=4

Infiltrator
10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks

Kathos
11-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Hey everybody, can't wait to get the new expansion as I fell in love with this game about a year ago when I found it. I just recently purchased KB:TL retail, and was just wondering if there would be any specific place I would have to purchase the expansion. I was going to do it online as I have not found a single store in this city that knows anything at all about AP release. To my understanding there was a couple different english releases 1 of which was done by Atari and another by Nautilis or something like that, I guess Atari was the north american release (which is the copy I have) so are there any particular sites I should be downloading this expansion from? Thanks.

Zhuangzi
11-20-2009, 06:27 AM
You can get it from Gamersgate, which is a very reliable and trustworthy service. Click on the link in my signature... :)

jake21
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
So far I think I prefer king bounty to ap; i've only played the demo and I think the demo starts in the middle of the game so it might not be a fair comparison. I'm mostly making this comment in case there is a third game. The things I prefer about the the original (dislike about the expansion) are kind of petty but the colour scheme and cutesy dragon are kind of annoying in the new game. Examples include the beholder; shaman colours (vs original) as well as the dragon antics during the fights. I remember how excited I was when I played the kb's demo and rushed out and purchased the game the first day it was available (something i rarely do). After AP's demo I kind of lack luster; well I'll play this game sooner or later but I can wait a bit. As I noted the demo might not be a fair impression; and also as players go i might be in a minority but since i figure these games are successful and a third game is likely in the works I figured i should comment sooner than later.

My view on the actual game might change when I acquire the full game (waiting to see who the distributor is in usa before deciding on digital vs disk)

Zhuangzi
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
The colour scheme in Reha, the lizard island, is really strange (purple trees? :o) The rest of the game looks more normal. And the baby dragon? Well, I actually like it a lot, even if it is childish. My kids (4 and 2 years old) love to watch me play. Don't be deceived - AP is just as good as TL and maybe even better. More units, shorter overall game (less grinding), more abilities, reorganised skill trees, more bosses. It's great. :-P

DGDobrev
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I'll have to agree with zhuangzi here. KBAP provides much more challenge, a lot of skill and ability re-balancing, and the dragon is very cute. I for one, really enjoyed how he goes to sleep using a snail-shell az a pillow.

The thing that the developers fail to improve is the music. Don't get me wrong, in my eyes it's great - especially under_the_shadow_of_the_oak song, but it's pretty much the same as it was in KBTL. There are only a few new tracks, but it any case, I cannot complain. Lind Erebros has made some pretty good tracks for us in KBTL, and most of them are back in KBAP.

spamm
11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Can anyone upload to some filehosting files: data.kfs, ses.kfs, loc_ses.kfs from english version and send me link into PM ?

upd: thnx!

DGDobrev
11-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I doubt someone will upload them for you. You may be better off getting the english version through paid download. Or - heck, I hate myself for saying this, because I bought the original Russian version of the game, and should expect everyone to support such a fine product - wait a while till it gets to the torrent engines.

Besides - if you already bought the Russian version - why do you need the English one? It works perfectly. I'm doing it to fix my thread. In the end, I will uninstall it and will return to my own copy.

EDIT: Since we are in the discussion thread, I must point out that I'm completely dissatisfied with parts of the translation. The "Accuracy" skill, which allows you to break items for crystals and talent runes is named "Neatness". I always thought that Neat is used for a person who is very tidy or to express cleanliness, order, etc. "Caution" also doesn't sound entirely right, but it is acceptable (it used to be combat readiness). The "Dissertation" skill - which sounded proper is called "Thesis". The "Great Tactician" medal, which actually meant something is "Grand Strategy". Very imaginative...

OMG, OMG, OMG... Amelie the Valiant - nice. The Fair - well, that works I guess, but "The Just" is much more appropriate - because in the Russian version, the Paladin Amelie is called "The just, fair, equitable" (dictionary translation). Still, Fair may also mean pretty, which is not applicable in the situation (although it's applicable in general). The Charmed - what the heck? Who charmed her? The Charmer - it would fit. The Charming - meaning using charms (although she is charming in general) - it would work. But Charmed... Give me a break.

"To destroy the opponents troops through punishing combat spells" - punishing? Devastating would be much, much better. To punish is completely different thing...

"Calm rage" spell - the Russian version of the game calls it "Anger management" - and it sounds cool, looks cool, and it is appropriate. Sheesh.

OMG number 2. Sammail, the demon is called Samman. Nice.

Nice. The Hourglass of Time is now the Clock of time. I wonder how a hourglass, filled with sand can be a clock?

Why do I have a feeling that the translation has been made in a hurry and not by professionals...

spamm
11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
why do you need the English one?
For correct updates my mods to english version.

DGDobrev
11-20-2009, 07:05 PM
In that case, do what I did - borrow it from a friend, fix everything you need, and revert :)

CurtisJasper
11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I doubt someone will upload them for you. You may be better off getting the english version through paid download. Or - heck, I hate myself for saying this, because I bought the original Russian version of the game, and should expect everyone to support such a fine product - wait a while till it gets to the torrent engines.

Besides - if you already bought the Russian version - why do you need the English one? It works perfectly. I'm doing it to fix my thread. In the end, I will uninstall it and will return to my own copy.

EDIT: Since we are in the discussion thread, I must point out that I'm completely dissatisfied with parts of the translation. The "Accuracy" skill, which allows you to break items for crystals and talent runes is named "Neatness". I always thought that Neat is used for a person who is very tidy or to express cleanliness, order, etc. "Caution" also doesn't sound entirely right, but it is acceptable (it used to be combat readiness). The "Dissertation" skill - which sounded proper is called "Thesis". The "Great Tactician" medal, which actually meant something is "Grand Strategy". Very imaginative...

OMG, OMG, OMG... Amelie the Valiant - nice. The Fair - well, that works I guess, but "The Just" is much more appropriate - because in the Russian version, the Paladin Amelie is called "The just, fair, equitable" (dictionary translation). Still, Fair may also mean pretty, which is not applicable in the situation (although it's applicable in general). The Charmed - what the heck? Who charmed her? The Charmer - it would fit. The Charming - meaning using charms (although she is charming in general) - it would work. But Charmed... Give me a break.

"To destroy the opponents troops through punishing combat spells" - punishing? Devastating would be much, much better. To punish is completely different thing...

"Calm rage" spell - the Russian version of the game calls it "Anger management" - and it sounds cool, looks cool, and it is appropriate. Sheesh.

OMG number 2. Sammail, the demon is called Samman. Nice.

Nice. The Hourglass of Time is now the Clock of time. I wonder how a hourglass, filled with sand can be a clock?

Why do I have a feeling that the translation has been made in a hurry and not by professionals...

I don't have the game yet, but "charmed" has an alternate meaning as being born or gifted with innate talent or luck (e.g. "charmed" with magic, etc.). Other than that, from what you say it does seem there are some translation issues.

Elwin
11-20-2009, 08:26 PM

I will see what can be done in that matter when i DL mine

Zhuangzi
11-20-2009, 09:32 PM

I just found the camera mod in your signature, spamm. Works fine. This is pretty much the only essential KB mod for me, as I like to have the camera zoomed way out most of the time.

For those of you who haven't used this before, unzip the file (very small) into your /data directory. When you start KBAP, you won't be able to zoom out any further until you enter a new area. For example, when I loaded my game just now in Debir, I had to go into the Snakes Underground before I was able to zoom out further. Why is this? :confused:

Elwin
11-21-2009, 09:55 AM
So do you have files already, spamm ?

spamm
11-21-2009, 10:15 AM
So do you have files already, spamm ?
yes.
What number of english version and build (in main menu left bottom corner) ?

Zhuangzi
11-21-2009, 10:18 AM
yes.

Version 1.2 Build 5730

Elwin
11-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Same here

Metathron
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Is the game at 1.2 already after install, or do you have to patch?

Elwin
11-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Already when installed

Boar
11-23-2009, 01:20 AM
yes.

I tried to load spamm's mod page and Antivir detected a virus so I didn't load it: "When accessing data from the URL, "http://www.kbmods.nm.ru/"
a virus or unwanted program 'JS/iFrame.12161' [virus] was found.
Action taken: Blocked file"

Magisthan
12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
is there any chance to get a retail version before Christmas? :confused:

Breadfan
12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
is there any chance to get a retail version before Christmas? :confused:

I agree, been waiting too long for the cd/dvd version. I was looking forward to giving this a whirl over the holiday.

Why have a few been issued in Asia? Surely a large printing run would make more economic sense?

Otis B Filthy
09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
I just found the camera mod in your signature, spamm. Works fine. This is pretty much the only essential KB mod for me, as I like to have the camera zoomed way out most of the time.

For those of you who haven't used this before, unzip the file (very small) into your /data directory. When you start KBAP, you won't be able to zoom out any further until you enter a new area. For example, when I loaded my game just now in Debir, I had to go into the Snakes Underground before I was able to zoom out further. Why is this? :confused:

AP is now at v1.3 with the Crossworlds expansion, anyone know if this Camera mod is floating around for the new version? The old one doesn't appear to work for me anymore :\

N3MES1S
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi, i need to ask this here cuz i dunno y, my posts on the main page are deleted without no reason. Is the editor of crossworlds 11 GB in size?? cuz when i got to the tools section of steam to install it, it says me i need 11 GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that true???

Nike-it
09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi, i need to ask this here cuz i dunno y, my posts on the main page are deleted without no reason. Is the editor of crossworlds 11 GB in size?? cuz when i got to the tools section of steam to install it, it says me i need 11 GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that true???

Your question was answered, but the post was moved to King's Bounty: Crossworlds section: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16663

N3MES1S
09-27-2010, 08:50 PM
OO Thanks, didnt notice there was a Crossworld section (o i coudnt find it -.-).

Bag In Vena
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Warrior, impossible, 7 days, 87 quests, zero casualties, score 1850

Dwagginz
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Daft question:
Does the retail version of Armored Princess (Specifically the UK version by Focus) come with a map? I'm sure I heard it does, but I can't find anything about it.

Nike-it
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Daft question:
Does the retail version of Armored Princess (Specifically the UK version by Focus) come with a map? I'm sure I heard it does, but I can't find anything about it.

Most likely not, the box we have in our office doesn't have the map.

Dwagginz
10-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Aww, poo sticks.

Thanks, Nike-It. It's appreciated :)

RumFighter
06-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Just finished this game. At normal with mage. Had so much fun with it! Really glad I bought this one.

Need to learn this game more... Still can't understand how you can make it without single unit lost. IDK, maybe don't bring level 5 units to boss fights or enemy hero's fights. And of course I really screwed up some things. Like throw any scrolls with calm rage spell. Of course I needed that spell while fighting bosses and not having enough of mana.

At beggining I found artifact that lands one trap on the battlefield. And I had much fun with this and Green dragon :)

What was strange- My last two fights against Demenion and Ball were sooo easy. With Demenion I lost one arch-demon and with Ball not sure but not much. But the one before? K'Tahu made me lost over half army. Tough SOB. :D