PDA

View Full Version : Editing data files -- wife and children ???

Jamers
11-11-2008, 03:51 AM
(So I know I already posted this thread under Technical Problems and Solutions, but I don't know how many people check that, so forgive me for re-posting):

Anyone know how *specifically to edit the data files so that I can choose which children might show up in the pool of possible children for a particular wife? Or edit the children currently held by the hero?

Finished the game already and I'm curious to see about it.

Thanks in advance.

milo
11-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Probably should have posted in mods, nevermind. You need to edit a file called wifes.txt inside ses.kfs which can be opened with winrar. To eliminate children you need to use the command console in the game and use "clearwife" this will delete your children. In wifes.txt for each wife there is a pool of children that each wife can potentially give birth to. To choose children you want, edit each wives pool accordingly.

Keneth
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I also suggest you archive the wifes.txt in a new .kfs and put it inside \data\mods folder so you don't over-write the game files. If you're interested I've also made a mod that gives a significant boost in abilities to all babies so people would no longer be unsatisfied regardless of which child they get, thus removing the need for cheats or file editing. I was gonna post it once it's been fully tested but if you want it, drop me a note and you can get it at any time. :)

stubbie
11-23-2008, 12:41 AM
To eliminate children you need to use the command console in the game and use "clearwife" this will delete your children.

How do you open the command console?

Keneth
11-23-2008, 12:54 AM
shift + ~