PDA

View Full Version : When is the optimal time to leave for the island?

Roman
11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I am a level 7 Mage now and have the option of going to an island to prove that I am powerful enough to the king. This is the quest after the Chests of Rage. When is the optimal time for me to go to this island? Should I go now, or wait until I am stronger? This quest has been available to me for some time now, but I have kept roaming the main continent to get stronger first, but I am not sure whether that's the best way to do it.

Zhuangzi
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Level 7 is probably okay. If you lose first time, there are plenty of threads with strategies for the turtle around here somewhere. The turtle is usually a pushover though. :)

Trevarion
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I am a level 7 Mage now and have the option of going to an island to prove that I am powerful enough to the king. This is the quest after the Chests of Rage. When is the optimal time for me to go to this island? Should I go now, or wait until I am stronger? This quest has been available to me for some time now, but I have kept roaming the main continent to get stronger first, but I am not sure whether that's the best way to do it.

I didn't go until I did every quest on the main land, excluding the cursed child and the two ghost castle quests.

Zhuangzi
11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
In fact the Abandoned Castle quest can be completed without a single fight. I think there are four stacks inside and you can get around all of them without trouble. So you can do that one first if you like.

The only things that are too hard in Darion at first are: Staff of Destruction, Enemen, and the Knight's Tent guards.

EDIT: oh and Magic Range too.

Roman
11-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I am reasonably happy in Darion for the moment, though the time to move on will come sooner rather than later, since most things are gradually getting cleared out. ;) I guess I was worried that if I don't do this Island quest early enough I might miss something important that I should have from early on to gain the full benefit (such as something enabling me to unlock the other 2 spirits of rage, so that they can begin advancing early and thus be useful later in the game - or something else along those lines).

But yes, I am gradually beginning to run out of things to kill (indeed, other than those mentioned as too powerful). This is also partially, because I am sometimes reluctant to kill things that I think might effect quests I might later receive. For example, I am avoiding attacking any hero-stacks, because I fear that there might be quests to kill them later that I have not yet received and that I would miss out on if I kill them now. (BTW: The devs really had a sense of humor when naming some of those! :) )

I have got to say, though, this game is excellent - I am really enjoying it.

Roman
11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
The only things that are too hard in Darion at first are: Staff of Destruction, Enemen, and the Knight's Tent guards.

EDIT: oh and Magic Range too.

I agree on all of those so far - I have not defeated/completed any of them. I have not done the ghost castle either - when I saw the stacks inside I promptly ran away. Enemen... I am not sure what that is.

The only one of those where I made some progress was the Staff of Destruction quest, but I was taking such heavy losses after each fight that I decided to shelve it until later, but not before trying to go to the second level. There, I fought an epic battle with terrible casualties on both sides until I only had one stack of Griffins left and the enemy had two stacks of guardsmen. I would have won thanks to magic and the cheasy tactic of leading the guardsmen around so that they cannot reach my Griffins, but around round 25 of the fight, my skill that returns my mana back at a rate of 2 per round malfunctioned. Even before that it started returning only 1 mana per round, but around that time it stopped giving me mana entirely. At that point the fight would just be infinite, so I reloaded...