PDA

View Full Version : Maxing Level and Skills

Roman
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Is it possible and feasible to reach maximum level cap (I think it is level 30, right?) in the game and to acquire enough runes to max out every skill?

I guess I am asking, because I want to know just how judicious and long-term thinking I need to be when assigning those runes.

sector24
11-10-2008, 06:13 PM
It is not difficult to reach level 30 if you take 1 point in the experience talent in the mind tree and kill everything you see. However, you will not be able to max out every skill in every talent tree. If you look in the high scores thread, some people have posted screenshots that show how many runes they collected over the course of the game.

In my game I'm level 28 now and I have had all the skills that I wanted to get for quite awhile. I also have 8 might runes, 60 mind runes, and 6 magic runes in reserve.

Roman
11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the answer. Yes, I do kill everything around and emphasize the learning skill. Should I also emphasize the skill boosting the experience for the Spirits of Rage? Do they have the same level cap (level 30 - though I recall something about level 20 in another thread) and is it easy for them to reach it?

Zhuangzi
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
The spirits of Rage take a while to max out, and I usually only max the fourth rage spirit by the end of the game.

It will depend on what class you are. For a Warrior, yes, definitely take the extra rage and increased raged experience upgrades. For a Mage, the ragebox is much less important.

But in general the game is very well balanced in that the progression of levels slows down as the game progressed. So it will seem very quick to get the rage spirits to level 15 but almost the whole game to get to level 30.

Roman
11-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I am a mage (level 7 at the moment), but I love the Chest of Rage nonetheless! It gives me extra actions and some of them very useful.

So far, I have unlocked the first two spirits. My favorite power is the one that makes the fish crawl across the ground and do damage to enemies. That one is great! It can be used to damage all or almost all of the enemies every time that it's used and does a very respectable amount of damage.

I have not found much use for the poison cloud or the wall yet, but in some situations these too might be handy.

TemjinGold
11-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately, you will find that the direct damage spirit abilities will quickly become obsolete. The poison cloud I like though as it does MUCH more damage than you might think (prepatch, it can easily trigger 20+ times per round.) If you haven't tried it, do so.

Smash
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Nah, it is too dangerous too use, it can start damaging your own troops, first two spirits are not too usefull sadly, only blob shield is good, damage spells has poor damage scale, wall is too much map (obstacles) depended but if you use lots of archers it may be worth a look. Last two spirits are more useful but are too late imo. Warrior really need talent like higher magic but for spirits with 120 rage i really would love to use them at least twice per turn :(.

Roman
11-13-2008, 02:40 AM
Hmm, you may be right about diminishing utility. I am up to level 9 now and Evil Shoal, although still pretty useful, is no longer as outstanding as it used to be. Still, it is nice to have.

I like the upgrades that reduce rage costs or rest periods. After unlocking all 4 spirits, however, I suspect these upgrades will not be as useful as now, but they still might come in handy.