PDA

View Full Version : Question about the *spawning of children...

Jamers
11-10-2008, 06:33 AM
So I know that children are chosen at random from a pool of possible children available to one's particular wife, and that they spawn 10 battles after discussing having a child.

BUT does anyone know if the child that is produced is chosen at the time of the 'discussion', or if it's randomly chosen immediately after that 10th battle?

Basically what I want to know is: if I don't like the child that's produced after the 10th battle, can I reload a save just before the battle, fight it again, and end up with a different kid? I got stuck with a couple crap children last time and I'd rather stick with equipment slots that have +4 scroll capacity or some garbage.

ALSO: does the slot that the child takes up also shift? Not only with reloads as mentioned above, but is there an order to the sequence with which the children fill up slots?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jamers
11-10-2008, 06:34 AM
*THAN have

Nike-it
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
So I know that children are chosen at random from a pool of possible children available to one's particular wife, and that they spawn 10 battles after discussing having a child.

BUT does anyone know if the child that is produced is chosen at the time of the 'discussion', or if it's randomly chosen immediately after that 10th battle?

Basically what I want to know is: if I don't like the child that's produced after the 10th battle, can I reload a save just before the battle, fight it again, and end up with a different kid? I got stuck with a couple crap children last time and I'd rather stick with equipment slots that have +4 scroll capacity or some garbage.

ALSO: does the slot that the child takes up also shift? Not only with reloads as mentioned above, but is there an order to the sequence with which the children fill up slots?

Thanks a lot in advance.

All children are chosen at the begining of each game. So loading save games will do nothing for you. you can only start new game.

Jamers
11-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Boo. How about the sequence with which the kids take up the slots? Is there a fixed order to that? (I think last time my slots seemed to fill up counter-clockwise from the bottom left...?)

Nike-it
11-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Boo. How about the sequence with which the kids take up the slots? Is there a fixed order to that? (I think last time my slots seemed to fill up counter-clockwise from the bottom left...?)

This also generates at the start of the game

Sandsai
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
All children are chosen at the begining of each game. So loading save games will do nothing for you. you can only start new game.

In that case, what exactly did the patch 1.6.5 do, specifically what do you make of this language, 'Children are chosen from the list randomly after loading when loading the same saved game.'?