PDA

View Full Version : Anga's Ruby

Perdus
11-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I am fairly advanced into the game - clearing Land of Undead but have not seen Anga's Ruby which seems to be a fixed item. Am afraid I missed a quest. Where could it be found?

Zhuangzi
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Yep, you missed it. In Freedom Isles there is a ship (I forget the name) that turns into a ghost ship every night. You can talk to the captain, and he gives you the quest to get an 'Indulgence' from the Temple in Marshan Swamp. Give him the Indulgence and you get Anga's Ruby.

So you will need to go back to Freedom Isles, then Darion, then Freedom Isles again. A pain, but WELL worth it if you want to use Sprites/Lake Fairies especially, which IMO are the best attack units in the game.

Perdus
11-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Yep, you missed it. In Freedom Isles there is a ship (I forget the name) that turns into a ghost ship every night. You can talk to the captain, and he gives you the quest to get an 'Indulgence' from the Temple in Marshan Swamp. Give him the Indulgence and you get Anga's Ruby.

So you will need to go back to Freedom Isles, then Darion, then Freedom Isles again. A pain, but WELL worth it if you want to use Sprites/Lake Fairies especially, which IMO are the best attack units in the game.

Help much appreciated! Time to go back and sweep the isles!

Perdus
11-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Swept the islands multiple times but could not find the ship you mentioned. Could someone provide more details - general location (East or West Islands), is it a shipwreck, appears at night only etc? Thanks much.

sector24
11-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Center of the map in the Eastern Isles

Zhuangzi
11-08-2008, 08:33 PM
It's just a ship anchored on the shoreline in the middle of the Eastern Isles map, as sector says. You need to approach it during the day as it turns into a ghost ship at night.

Perdus
11-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Guys, thanks for the detailed info. Unfortunately, I still can't find the ship after hugging the shorelines for hours. Might have disappeared once some game events triggerred! Giving up now and would have a go again on my next char.

TemjinGold
11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Do you remember where the middle entrance to Duke Sov's area is (the one that opens in a half circle with a tavern next to it)? The ship you are looking for is right across from that (like across the street so to speak.) The name is "Captain Black Eye."

Calinda
11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
At night ship turns to ghost and you can "kill" it. May be you did so and you can't find it now.

alon
11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
The quest also involves going back to the Cemetery - maybe if you also forgot to do one of the Cemetery quests the ship won't appear...

I also missed it on my first run.
Luckily, I read this forum! :)

Perdus
11-10-2008, 10:50 AM
At night ship turns to ghost and you can "kill" it. May be you did so and you can't find it now.

Argh, I vaguely remember killing Captain Black Eye! Pretty easy to miss some goody quests in this game :-x

taltamir
12-13-2008, 01:18 AM
this helps... i suddenly noticed i had it in my inventory and i had no idea where it came from... i remember that quest :)

happ
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
how do I get to darion from freedom ilses?

Elwin
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
When u land there , there is a merchant next to you ( merchant valdez or whatever he was called) he have option "take me to Darion"

heron
04-18-2009, 08:26 PM
i cant find any sprites to buy as troops ..
can someone point me to where they can be purchase?

thanks!

Elwin
04-18-2009, 08:43 PM
In Elinia of course,placemnt is random so cant really tell.