PDA

View Full Version : Features explained

Thingo
11-07-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.blinkx.com/video/leipzig-2008-il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-xbox360/4t1Fvs4E3Ob2Gdk1KCy7sA

Anton Yudintsev
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.blinkx.com/video/leipzig-2008-il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-xbox360/4t1Fvs4E3Ob2Gdk1KCy7sA

PR managers don't know how to control a plane, obviously.
What he was doing, was much more like chaotic movements :)

Ironman69
11-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Anton, when you used the FM from IL2 did you also use the joystick coding from IL2 ? Such as stick pressure algorithms, joystick curves ( i.e. 0 10 20 30 40... for pitch, roll and yaw ) from IL2 ?

Anton Yudintsev
11-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Anton, when you used the FM from IL2 did you also use the joystick coding from IL2 ? Such as stick pressure algorithms, joystick curves ( i.e. 0 10 20 30 40... for pitch, roll and yaw ) from IL2 ?

We change them, to make game work better on Xbox360/PS3 gamepad.
Il-2 is not originally supporting Xbox360 gamepad.

Snuff_Pidgeon
11-10-2008, 04:51 AM
It looks good,love the shadows in cockpit.

guiltyspark
11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh wow!

That video is great!

Its awesome that we can play as the germans!

I have some questions though , like how difficult the game is.

- Will take off and landing be automated? or will it feature in the game at all? :confused: I sure hope its in the game!

-What would the maximum realism be supporting? I know it wont support everything that the pc games will have , but how deep will it go?

Will planes stall? will pilots red out and blackout?
Can we control our flaps?
Our Fuel mixture? (doubt this one)

-Will there be bombing missions ? If so will you get to use the bombsights?

By the way , I saw a new trailer today and saw a P51 with invasion stripes Flying at night! Does that mean we will see some D-day action?

I cant wait to play this on Xbox Live!

Anton Yudintsev
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh wow!

- Will take off and landing be automated? or will it feature in the game at all? :confused: I sure hope its in the game!

Partially automated in arcade mode. Manual in simulation.

-What would the maximum realism be supporting? I know it wont support everything that the pc games will have , but how deep will it go?

? Please, ask clearly.

Will planes stall? will pilots red out and blackout?

Both yes, on simulation/realistic.

Can we control our flaps?

In simulation mode.

-Will there be bombing missions ? If so will you get to use the bombsights?

There are bombing missions. With helper bomb indication.

By the way , I saw a new trailer today and saw a P51 with invasion stripes Flying at night! Does that mean we will see some D-day action?

Which D-Day you mean exactly? Normandy? There is no Omaha Beach operation in our game.

Thunderbolt56
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
PR managers don't know how to control a plane, obviously.
:)

LMAO.

I'll grab this as soon as it's available if I can be assured it's joystick compatible. Heck I play some driving games on my PS3 and use the gamepad with a certain amount of dexterity...but I still get pwned by the steering wheel crowd.

A wireless Saitek Evo or something like that and a cold beer in front of my 52" HDTV...I'm in.

Anton Yudintsev
11-11-2008, 04:41 PM
LMAO.

I'll grab this as soon as it's available if I can be assured it's joystick compatible. Heck I play some driving games on my PS3 and use the gamepad with a certain amount of dexterity...but I still get pwned by the steering wheel crowd.

A wireless Saitek Evo or something like that and a cold beer in front of my 52" HDTV...I'm in.

The game will support some flightsticks on PS3.

guiltyspark
11-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Partially automated in arcade mode. Manual in simulation.

? Please, ask clearly.

Both yes, on simulation/realistic.

In simulation mode.

There are bombing missions. With helper bomb indication.

Which D-Day you mean exactly? Normandy? There is no Omaha Beach operation in our game.

Thank you so much for your reply!
I cant believe how awesome this game is going to be !

I can finally play a simulator on my couch! :cool:

I do have some feedback though if you are indeed the PR guy for the team ;)

The trailers you have released so far are really good , but they do not tell much about the game itself. If there was narrative during the trailer explaining the features i think you would see ALOT more activity around these parts and more people getting excited for the game.
But you have to show both sides of the stick aswell !
I know your main mission with this game is to get a fresh breath of air into the flight simulator genre by getting the more casual player to buy it , but you need to also show why the hardcore should buy your game.

Buggins
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Anton, how's the feedback sessions going?

Anton Yudintsev
11-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Anton, how's the feedback sessions going?

We've just analyzed feedback from Igromir (russian gaming exhibition, finished Sunday), where we made some kind of initial focus testing.
So, I guess special focus testing will start next week.

Ironman69
11-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Anton, to what extent will BoP feature weather effects ( i.e..rain, snow, turbulence..etc.). Also, did your team use any custom additions to IL2's FM you purchased? Did you modify it? If so, what did you do?

Anton Yudintsev
11-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Anton, to what extent will BoP feature weather effects ( i.e..rain, snow, turbulence..etc.).

We have rain, cloudy, thunderstorm, hazy, foggy weathers, as well as time of day.

Also, did your team use any custom additions to IL2's FM you purchased?

We had not 'purchased' it, although we use it. 1C is one of our publishers and owner of IL-2 brand.
I don't think it is available for other developers.

Did you modify it? If so, what did you do?
We haven't modify 'Flight' model itself.
We've modified controls.
We've added additional things, such as turbulence trails behind planes and above ground, according to lanscape, etc, etc.
For 'arcade' mode we add auto-trimming - so, they player can easily control horizon line.
We add auto-flaps controls in arcade mode as well - to simplify landing and take-off.

But both trimmers and flaps - are work exactly the same way, they are just auto-controlled by special AI.

Wehrwulf
06-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I noticed there was some chatter about joysticks but I couldn't confirm via threads that there would be a joystick for the Xbox360!:confused: After all, Anton simply says that SOME joysticks will be available for the ps3! Does this mean they're making a custom, or will the Ace Combat joysticks be compatable, or will there not be one at all? :!: Sorry just couldn't find an answer.

Raw Kryptonite
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Not sure what thread, it's been a while, but it was confirmed that the AC6 Ace Edge and the new Saitek Aviator built for the 360 (not the original pc stick of course) will work.

Wehrwulf
06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Alright goody goody I might have just gone out and bought a PS3 if the xbox did not have a joystick. *whew* God forbid!

trk29
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Alright goody goody I might have just gone out and bought a PS3 if the xbox did not have a joystick. *whew* God forbid!

That wouldn't have been to terrible. A lot of us are hoping that the ps3 version will get the Youtube upload feature, but this hasn't been confirmed or denied.

Anton are you at a point where you can elaborate on this?

Stanrosquain
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Thank you for all these info you gave us Anton. :)
Just one question, will it be possible to fly all aircraft in the training mode (fighters or bombers and the luftwaffe aircrafts)

Anton Yudintsev
06-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Thank you for all the info you gave us Anton. :)
Just a question, will it be possible to fly all aircraft in the training mode (fighter or bomber and the luftawaff aircraft)

Yep.

Douglas Bader
06-19-2009, 07:14 PM
The game will support some flightsticks on PS3.

? Anton, please speak clearly ;)

I have asked before and now I'm asking again. Is it clear yet which joysticks are supported for the PS3 version.

Desode
06-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I noticed there was some chatter about joysticks but I couldn't confirm via threads that there would be a joystick for the Xbox360!:confused: After all, Anton simply says that SOME joysticks will be available for the ps3! Does this mean they're making a custom, or will the Ace Combat joysticks be compatable, or will there not be one at all? :!: Sorry just couldn't find an answer.

Digg WAY ,,,,back in the threads it is there. Anton confirmed the Aviator and the ACE EDGE (Ace Combat 6) Flightstick support for the 360. He said that 360 gamers will be really happy with them, especially the Ace Edge set up.
DESODE

peterdegrotere
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
o

Wehrwulf
06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Good info Desode, and since we're talking about planes and features here, i noticed on the site under "the game" section, it states that you can fly 40 airplanes from both the axis and allied factions. But on many of the websites I have visited (I can't recall them all but I know gamespot and IGN were among them) they say that only a mere 12 will be flyable. Which is correct?

Desode
06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Good info Desode, and since we're talking about planes and features here, i noticed on the site under "the game" section, it states that you can fly 40 airplanes from both the axis and allied factions. But on many of the websites I have visited (I can't recall them all but I know gamespot and IGN were among them) they say that only a mere 12 will be flyable. Which is correct?

The way I understand it is, that 12 planes are flyable in the Single Player and then more in multiplayer.
DESODE

Wehrwulf
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
That's fantastic! I hope that there are a couple of unlockables, but I know others will want them all right away...

Douglas Bader
06-20-2009, 09:06 AM
That's fantastic! I hope that there are a couple of unlockables, but I know others will want them all right away...

Please no unlockables. This is a sim, not a game. Tactics, flying skills and accurate gunnery determine who makes it and who not. Maybe in the arcade mode but please not in expert and simulation mode. Just be able to pick the plane you fancy. Not flying your ass of before you can pick the ride you like. :!:

Wehrwulf
06-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes Douglas I completely agree with you but I plan on spending time in both modes, and whether or not there are unlockables does not matter overly much to me, it would just be a little of a blessing to those who spend more time and dedication to the game than others. Whatever the end result is, I'll be happy with it. :)