PDA

View Full Version : New video IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey -- trailer 4

jt_medina
11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Links
http://www.videogamer.com/videos/il-2_sturmovik_birds_of_prey_trailer.html?type=hd&playlistid=2851

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=3399

Enjoy!:-P

Snuff_Pidgeon
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Man that looks good!

jt_medina
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
After watching the video 4 times, I have to say that it is too good to be true.
I am speechless. :shock:
Simply Amazing!!!!.

Those guys are doing it really really great.

Anton Yudintsev
11-06-2008, 09:09 PM
After watching the video 4 times, I have to say that it is too good to be true.

I am really sorry to disappoint you, but we simply do not have enough time to make any kind of renders, target-renders, and all of that typical marketing bullshit. When publisher asked for a new trailer, showing different airplanes and locations, to be ready tomorrow, we just captured as much, as possible (10-15 minutes), and then selected best moments form it (3/4 minutes).

jt_medina
11-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I am really sorry to disappoint you, but we simply do not have enough time to make any kind of renders, target-renders, and all of that typical marketing bullshit. When publisher asked for a new trailer, showing different airplanes and locations, to be ready tomorrow, we just captured as much, as possible (10-15 minutes), and then selected best moments form it (3/4 minutes).

Anton is there any kind of video effect(like with sony vegas) added to this video??.
Because, graphics are so amazing!!, no mention to the amount of buildings and trees... and the cockpits!!, it is so stunning!!.

If your answer is that all of this is IN GAME, the only thing I can say is... WOW!!!.

Anton Yudintsev
11-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Anton is there any kind of video effect(like with sony vegas) added to this video??.
Because, graphics are so amazing!!, no mention to the amount of buildings and trees... and the cockpits!!, it is so stunning!!.

If your answer is that all of this is IN GAME, the only thing I can say is... WOW!!!.

Of course, all of this is ingame. As it is written in the beginning of the trailer, actually.
BTW, what kind of effect can you probably add to it? Is it possible to add buildings or trees? Or cockpits? The only thing that can possibly be done - it's just post effects, but if they will add something to picture, than on modern consoles it's much easier to add them real-time, and makes game looks better.

Buggins
11-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Simply amazing Anton. Game of the century..

Ironman69
11-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Anton, does this latest trailer represent the latest build for BoP ? Also, is there any plans to talk to natural point, microsoft or other company to develop a "Track IR 6DOF" system for this game on the XBOX 360? It would be a crime if it did not have this feature. Same for the PC version ? Do the cockpits use clickable controls/switches ( ala FSX ) or do they use an assigned key on the joypad or keyboard like Oleg's IL2 ?

Anton Yudintsev
11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Anton, does this latest trailer represent the latest build for BoP ?

No, not the latest.
Game is not even in Beta stage, and is constantly evolving.

Also, is there any plans to talk to natural point, microsoft or other company to develop a "Track IR 6DOF" system for this game on the XBOX 360? It would be a crime if it did not have this feature.

For Xbox360, each peripherial device need to has MS security cheap - i.e. be approved and manufacture by/with MS.
TrackIR is not approved, and hardly will be.

Same for the PC version ?

There is no PC version.

Ironman69
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Anton, is the current trailers of BoP being shown using an xbox 360 system? If not, what PC specs do you use to play the game with on development PCs ?

Anton Yudintsev
11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Anton, is the current trailers of BoP being shown using an xbox 360 system? If not, what PC specs do you use to play the game with on development PCs ?

The game is designed for consoles, so we do not support all features on PC.
Typical development PC is something like GF8800+, Core2Duo+.
It allows game to work.
If you want to play HD(1080p), it needs to be GF9800/ATI4870.

But once again, the game doesn't support all features on PC, the graphics engine is developed for Xbox360/PS3.

jt_medina
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I am guessing how large maps will they be on Birds of Prey?. 20x20km, 50x50km 100x100km maybe?.

Anton Yudintsev
11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I am guessing how large maps will they be on Birds of Prey?. 20x20km, 50x50km 100x100km maybe?.

100x100km average, no less than 65kmx65km each.

Anton Yudintsev
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42465.html

The same trailer, but without GoW ad in the beginning.

Thingo
11-10-2008, 01:34 AM
If not track ir, what about freetrack. You could integrate this and purchasers could provide a single red LED for simple 2 degree of freedom cockpit panning. It would be a feature the massmarket has never had before just like the wii captured their attention. Just imagine all the tv reports of 'the amazing virtual reality flight simulator that teaches terrorists to fly on the nintendo360'