PDA

View Full Version : How Hero ATK and DEF stats affect units?

NatashaQuick
11-06-2008, 03:58 AM
I am wondering about the blue parenthesis next to my troops' ATK and DEF stats. I was trying to figure out which artifact I wanted to equip when I realized that I have no idea what the blue numbers mean. I just can't make any sense of it.

What happened was I have an upgraded staff with +2 INT, and the Sword of Equilibrium that has just changed to the Sword of Darkness, which states that it has a -20% DEF to Elves and Humans effect. I didn't know if that meant the negative affects MY troops (which are Human), or the enemy troops, so I tried looking at their stats when it was equipped and when it wasn't. For some reason the blue numbers for my troops' ATK and DEF went down when I unequipped the sword??? Are the blue numbers supposed to be added to the basic stats of the troops in white to make a larger number than what is shown, or is it the base stat that isn't shown? I'm so confused and I'm probably trying to make this more complicated than it is. Thanks in advance!

Stepsongrapes
11-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I am wondering about the blue parenthesis next to my troops' ATK and DEF stats. I was trying to figure out which artifact I wanted to equip when I realized that I have no idea what the blue numbers mean. I just can't make any sense of it.

What happened was I have an upgraded staff with +2 INT, and the Sword of Equilibrium that has just changed to the Sword of Darkness, which states that it has a -20% DEF to Elves and Humans effect. I didn't know if that meant the negative affects MY troops (which are Human), or the enemy troops, so I tried looking at their stats when it was equipped and when it wasn't. For some reason the blue numbers for my troops' ATK and DEF went down when I unequipped the sword??? Are the blue numbers supposed to be added to the basic stats of the troops in white to make a larger number than what is shown, or is it the base stat that isn't shown? I'm so confused and I'm probably trying to make this more complicated than it is. Thanks in advance!

Black numbers are the troops basic stats. Blue numbers are the stats with all of your heroe's modifiers and items included. So, the blue number is the value actually used for damage calculations.

E.g., if a sprite has a basic attack of say 5, your hero has an attack modifier of 3, and you have a sword equipped with 2 atk, the sprite will have a modified attack value of 10, which will be used in combat calculations.

NatashaQuick
11-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Thank you, this system is different from what I'm used to. That makes sense, thanks!