PDA

View Full Version : Make gold more valuable.

aaaaa
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I think that gold in KBTL is nearly worthless. Yes, I can spend gold to buy troops, magic scrolls, items, magic runes, etc.. But in most cases, player gets gold much more enough than to buy all the troops to leadership limit. Player always has enough gold so they hardly feel any gold shortage in hiring best army available and buy best item/scroll available.

Few of spells (for Mage class) are just too powerful that player can win most battles with only minimal troop loss while fighting. So player rarely spends gold to buy troops, to end up to having huge amount of left-over gold.

I don't like it. Player should have hard time to fill his troop to the limit of leadership because of lack of gold. Item should be more expansive to buy. Player should feel strong incentive to minimize troop loss in battle to save gold. Gold should be more valuable resources.

Please introduce more money-sink in game which player can spend gold on. Reduce amount gold player get from battle. Weaken few game-and-economy-breaking spells. More troop loss in battle. Make troop hiring cost more expensive. Introduce "upkeep cost" that player should spend money to keep his troop day by day and pay "combat bonus payment" to his army for each battle. Let player pay bonus to his army to boost troop morale before battle begin. If troops are paid poorly after battle, troop morale will drop sharply.

In real world, most people are distressed from shortage of money. With enough money, nearly every problems are gone. I'd like to feel same pain and sense of achivement in this game. :)

wolfing
11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
If you have only played Mage and/or normal difficulty, then play again as another class or a higher difficulty and post again after that. As a warrior you have a much higher leadership and your spells don't work as well, so you do lose units that you have to replenish, and in higher difficulty levels you get less gold and receive more damage so you lose more units.

Elias_Maluco
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree with the OP.

As a paladin (dint played mage or warrior yet), Ive runned out of gold only a couple of times in the entire game. And when that happened, I just had to sell a bunch of unused artifacts and got rich enough again. Now Im at Murdok, with around 1.5 million, so I dont think money will ever be a problem again.

Gatts
11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I played warrior on impossible - went for undead army. I had hoardes of money - till I made the quest for dwarven prince - no matter how much gold you accumulate, no matter on which difficulty - system of purchuasing the Magic Crystal, or Might, Mind/ Maig Runes is great for anyone who thinks he has a lot of gold.

buy first magic crystal for 100K, second for 200K... 10th for one million... you spent 10! [factorial] of gold - if you still feel rich, keep buying :)

Luckily the good point about undead army is that you need very few skills also very few of spells - so I never had problems with runes or crystals (as well with money) - so even if I had trouble in some battles and would welcome some "cheating" like : "buy another Sacrifice use in the same round for 1M of gold even if I am warrior" would be welcome, still not so much needed.

Just for fun, (and this is in many games) what could be added is :
1. buy your own castle
2. order unit you desire to be replenished in your own castle (so for a lot of money you would have black dragons in your castle each week for purchase)
3. buy visual alternations for your own character (buy different horse, different haircut etc.)
4. Buy your own flying ship for free air travel
5. Desing your own castle interior
and so on

But for the combat system, I liked the money system, sometimes you feel poor and have to sell a lot of things sometimes you get upset when you find "only" gold in chests (crystals or runes would be better)... this is the type of diversity that is absolutely refreshing. I had to play the game many times till I found "legal cheating" - getting ultimate and cheap army and going through battles with best results and minimum causalties.

I still wonder if GOLD is counted in the final SCORE.

Zavia
02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
A castle sim, lol.
Seeing we may be going to be a princess, your idea of spending money on haircuts and stuff may be a good one.

Flaming Red haircut - Deals x fire damage to enemies at the start of battle.
Blue glossy fingernails - Chills enemies, reducing movespeed by 1 square.
Pink Pony, named "Pink Powah" - Cue "My little pony" theme song at start of battle. All hex lines are pink, all hair/fur is turned shocking pink, including sword hilts, pants, hats, and fingernails. All male male are frightened for the 1st three rounds. All females gain +2 initiative, +5 attack, and deal maximum attack damage for the 1st round.