PDA

View Full Version : Expansion details

Amamake
10-31-2008, 01:50 PM
New storyline, new gameworld.
Princess Amelie will be the protagonist.
Some sort of Medal/Achievement system.
Ragebox is replaced with a pet dragon. He gains experience and can learn up to nine unique skills.
New race of creatures.
You can fly around in a pegasus.
You can hire followers-squires.
Bounty hunting system from original KB is back.
Enhanced role-playing system. Level cap is now 50.
Adventuring spells like in Heroes series.
New bosses: Borer, Gremlion, Archdemon Baal and others.
New item types.

Release date: Q1 2009.

Expansion page (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingsbounty.ru%2Fprin cess%2F&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en), translated with google.

monkeydog
10-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Wow! Thanks for the update Amamake! This is great news.

HitmanN
10-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Good post. Some of that was new to me. Please do keep updating whenever there's new info. ;) Thanks.

I'm wondering though, is the Q1 2009 release a world-wide release, or the Russian release. I'd imagine the rest of the world being around Q2 or later if Q1 is the Russian release date only.

Paksenarrion
10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Sounds like a great expansion!
I wonder what the level cap of the pet dragon will be - maybe 30 like the rage.
Although I should be able to do some serious damage at level 50.

Does anyone know what the original KB "bounty hunting system" was?

Zhuangzi
10-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for that, Amamake! :)

I am really excited about this! I hope that the release will be worldwide, not just Russian at first. Roll on Q1 2009. :cool:

Zhuangzi
11-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Thinking about the little that we know so far, I have a couple of questions...

1. Will Princess Amelie be the only character you can choose? If this is so (as it appears to be) will there be any replayability in the game at all? Currently we have 3 different classes.

2. Will the tech tree be altered? (Might, Mind, Magic). Does this mean there will only be one tech tree, or what?

3. The pet dragon sounds okay, but only 9 skills compared to 16 in the main game is a bit of a reduction. Will there be any diversity in the way you play the game?

4. Will Princess Amelie marry husbands and have children etc. Personally I wouldn't mind, but I doubt the developers will do it like this. Will there be another system in place instead?

Basically, what I've read about the expansion sounds really good (Princess Amelie, pet Dragon, new game world) but I am wondering how much replayability the expansion will have.

aaaaa
11-01-2008, 05:41 AM
4. Will Princess Amelie marry husbands and have children etc. Personally I wouldn't mind, but I doubt the developers will do it like this. Will there be another system in place instead?

My guess is like this:
Princess Amelie will have multiple husbands. She will be able to marry another man without divorcing or dumping down previous husband when she meets new handsome guy; i.e. polygamy or fraternal polyandry, to be exact. Fraternal polyandry is not uncommon among royal family or in higher nobilities. These husbands are her trophy husband.
But only one husband at a time will be active and help her in battle with enemy. She will switch husbands as freely and frequently as she change her evening dress. No divorce severance incurred.
She will not have baby. She is too busy to waste 10 months for pregnancy. Fighting pregnant girl? No way!

Zhuangzi
11-01-2008, 05:42 AM
3 new screenshots on this page:

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_princessa_v_dospehah/246626#show

Sandsai
11-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Does anyone know what the original KB "bounty hunting system" was?

Effectively you took out a contract in a city or village and then proceeded to find that hero and try to defeat him. Doing so increased your gold and leadership after successful contracts. It likewise revealed a piece of the puzzle map for the scepter which was the artifact that the game was based around, kinda like the grail in heroes of might and magic except the discovery of this one was the entire point of the game. It was pretty fun and exciting, I kinda missed it in the remake. It would be pretty easy to implement considering they already have heroes it is now simply a matter of linking it all together.

Amamake
11-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Thinking about the little that we know so far, I have a couple of questions...

1. Will Princess Amelie be the only character you can choose? If this is so (as it appears to be) will there be any replayability in the game at all? Currently we have 3 different classes.

Sure, there are still 3 classes.

2. Will the tech tree be altered? (Might, Mind, Magic). Does this mean there will only be one tech tree, or what?

Skill trees will be changed significantly, with new skills added. Also, the whole Medal thing will act sorta like the 4th tree.

3. The pet dragon sounds okay, but only 9 skills compared to 16 in the main game is a bit of a reduction. Will there be any diversity in the way you play the game?

No details yet.

Apparently, the family system is replaced with hirable henchmen.

Roman
11-01-2008, 06:00 AM
I am looking forward to the expansion, though it sounds like the aesthetic customizability of the hero seems to have been reduced. In King's Bounty: The Legend we can chose from 3 heroes and I can name myself how I want to - in the expansion, there will, apparently, be only one hero choice (though three classes - but one hero means one possible look) and there is seemingly a pre-set name.

Of course, the gameplay is ultimately much more important and I am sure the expansion will deliver there! :)

Brynjolfr
11-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Won't our current characters have access to the new contents of this expansion (new level-cap, storyline, etc.)? That's extremely dissapointing! :(
An expansion pack is supposed to be an enhancement to a game.... not a complete stand-alone!

feanor
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
- new storyline, new gameworld
- new woman hero: princess Ameli with more 50 levels
- hero can flying on the pegassus at the global map

* 3 clasess: warrior, paladin, mage with only one portrait
* medail for excellent playing with bonuses
* new rage spirit - domesticous dragon with 9 unique attacks
* new race - lizards
* promptly traveling on the sea
* you can hire the squire
* contract system for chase trophies
* improved RPG system with more abilities, tree system 13-13-14
* new Traveling magic for the global map and some new spells
* 5 new unique bosses: Borer, Gremlion, Archidemon Baal etc.

Added infos from devs at russian forum:
* best optimalization for minor system requirements
* playing time more 10 hours
* quickly hero leveling
* more complicated battles
* demo - maybe
* you can't attack from the air
* abilities have 8-12 levels (in old KB only 3)
* spells have again 3 levels
* release date is maybe april 2009 (russian version)
* not multiplayer :(
* more colors for Drago spirit (yellow, black, blue...)
* flying is for quickly traveling too

Zhuangzi
11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
- new storyline, new gameworld
- new woman hero: princess Ameli with more 50 levels
- hero can flying on the pegassus at the global map

* 3 clasess: warrior, paladin, mage with only one portrait
* medail for excellent playing with bonuses
* new rage spirit - domesticous dragon with 9 unique attacks
* new race - lizards
* promptly traveling on the sea
* you can hire the squire
* contract system for chase trophies
* improved RPG system with more abilities, tree system 13-13-14
* new Traveling magic for the global map and some new spells
* 5 new unique bosses: Borer, Gremlion, Archidemon Baal etc.

Added infos from devs at russian forum:
* best optimalization for minor system requirements
* playing time more 10 hours
* quickly hero leveling
* more complicated battles
* demo - maybe
* you can't attack from the air
* abilities have 8-12 levels (in old KB only 3)
* spells have again 3 levels
* release date is maybe april 2009 (russian version)
* not multiplayer :(
* more colors for Drago spirit (yellow, black, blue...)
* flying is for quickly traveling too

I'm glad they are keeping the Warrior/Paladin/Mage system. I was concerned that the game would be much less replayable without it, so I am happy about that.

10 hours playing time? As opposed to 60-70 for the original game? Or do you mean 10 MORE hours than in the original compaign? :confused:

No multiplayer sucks, but I can live with it.

Amamake
11-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm glad they are keeping the Warrior/Paladin/Mage system. I was concerned that the game would be much less replayable without it, so I am happy about that.

10 hours playing time? As opposed to 60-70 for the original game? Or do you mean 10 MORE hours than in the original compaign? :confused:

No multiplayer sucks, but I can live with it.

The developer was unclear on the total number of gameplay hours, but I seriously doubt that it will be shorter than the original.

Now they are talking about a "big online project" they're gonna do after this game is finished.

Zhuangzi
11-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Amamake, if they are talking about 50 levels, even with faster level progression, then the game would have to be at least as long as the original. So maybe Feanor means '10 more hours gameplay than original KB:TL.' For me a game takes about 60-70 hours, so we are taking a seriously long game. :-P

If Katauri need someone to proofread/check their dialogue for the English translation next time, I'd be happy to do it. I am a high school English teacher in Australia, so this would be very easy for me. The published game is full of small mistakes that a native English speaker would be able to pick up without a problem. Obviously, I can't translate from Russian but I could easily proofread the dialogue. I love this game so I'd happily do this for free. Just a thought. :)

Kolorabi
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
This all sounds very, very good. Thanks for the info, you made my day!

Zhuangzi
11-12-2008, 02:28 AM
This is new on the 1C website:

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess/overview

Click on the different tabs, including screenshots, for a bit more info. :-P

Ryder
11-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Uninspired with some of the changes.

Gatts
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I just hope that they will polish the warrior/palladin/mage skill set - I was very dissapointed by the skill selection and found at lest one quarter of the skills not very good chosen.

Would love to have less skills hard-set and having intead large variety of skills that would be optional (like in heroes of mm) - for instance I would not choose the warrior skill that reduces leadership for horsemen/ swordsmen, when I want to hire undead army only :) ... Or I would not want the mage skill that improves ORDER Magic (ressurections, armor of gods) - when these are not working on undead - which I have in my army...

If this was designed to make player attached towards good units/spells - it didn't work, still it took a lot of fun from the game (I had many unspent runes when I was level 30 with vampire army) - but still I would love some level-up fun...

Gatts
11-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Apparently, the family system is replaced with hirable henchmen.

Cool, this sounds very good.
Just small note : in Homm 3 WOG were henchmen very great improvement (not only they helped in battle, but gave much more fun of each battle) - maybe it could be possible to create / alter the game in this way - also there could be different henchmen:
1. Warrior - his bonus to your army would be minimal, or none, but they would be active on battle field (physically)
2. Supporter - He would be like the spirits - not directly (physicaly) present -but would know few spells and will have it's onw mana
3. General - like we know the "wifes" - he would not be on the battlefield at all - but would give overall bonuses (to magic / spirit~dragon / army, skills...)

KingNothing
11-21-2008, 07:50 PM
in the new expansion
will they leave the mape thhat it is now and on that just add another
so to have 2 maps ( like in World of Warcraft )

i think that would be cool

Zhuangzi
11-21-2008, 08:47 PM
in the new expansion
will they leave the mape thhat it is now and on that just add another
so to have 2 maps ( like in World of Warcraft )

i think that would be cool

No, it's a whole new world.

KingNothing
11-22-2008, 02:52 PM
oh,.... ok

but it would be better like this :)

ywhtptgt
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Uninspired with some of the changes.
Still, it's better than Heroes 5.

Tempo
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Expansion preview in Russian: http://pc.ogl.ru/game/read/1021976833
Online translation (without pictures by some reason): http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpc.ogl.ru%2Fgame%2Fread%2F10219 76833&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate
Russian forum thread: http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=2874

Spoiler!!!
World of Teana map (http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/art/6.jpg)

feanor
01-24-2009, 07:09 AM
KB: A.Princess - Interview at Gamebanshee.com http://gamebanshee.com/interviews/kbarmoredprincess1.php