PDA

View Full Version : Mana jumping up by it's own!?

Kaerwek
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Right, I've started an impossible game as a Mage. At some point I uprgaded from 1.6b7 to 1.65, and added the following mods:

Blooming Effects
Interface v 1.65
Accelerated Mana Regen

At a certain point where I was lvl 5 I think, I suddenly noticed an unusually high mana for my character. I'd recall that I should have about 45 mana (Interface says that I've received 0 mana, I have however got Wisdom one level as mage as well as an amulet that gives 15 mana). Now I'm lvl 6, my mana is 79, way more than what it should be.

Last thing, I just noticed that when I pick up a certain chest (that gives me some 900 gold) in front my character in the game, I jump up to 109 Mana. I've got a quicksave right before I pick it up.

Has this type of bug been encountered before? Even worse, has my current game been corrupted while I patched? I'd like to get it down to normal level.

Kaer

peprik
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
This bug is occurring to me as well. Max mana rising by 30 usually by opening some chest/shrine. I have version 1.6b7 patched with Russian 1.6.4. After several chests in dwarfish lands my paladin had ridiculous 170 mana. This really spoils the challenge of the game :(
You can edit your amount of mana with cheat console (Shift+~) by typing MANA 0 (to erase it to 0/0 mana) and then MANA 79 to put it back to 79. This is what I do, when I notice inexplicable mana raise by 30.

Kaerwek
10-31-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks, I think I'll do that. Might later on do a reinstall and only go with 1.6b7 directly... The patch doesn't seem to have done much good, considering this issue.

Kaer

Saridu
11-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I can help troubleshooting further, I have only loaded Accelerated Mana Regen version not sure, gamergate download, never patched... :)

It hasn't happened in like 6 hours with a new paladin but as soon as I used my restarted mage my mana jumped twice in 30 mins! The only difference I can think is as a new paladin I never use the mana refll effect (hovering over the clock) but as a mage I'm too impatient waiting for my mana to refill. So it seems to be related to the refill effect, can you guys/girls confirm?

peprik
11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
I can help troubleshooting further, I have only loaded Accelerated Mana Regen version not sure, gamergate download, never patched... :)

It hasn't happened in like 6 hours with a new paladin but as soon as I used my restarted mage my mana jumped twice in 30 mins! The only difference I can think is as a new paladin I never use the mana refll effect (hovering over the clock) but as a mage I'm too impatient waiting for my mana to refill. So it seems to be related to the refill effect, can you guys/girls confirm?

I can't confirm that. Have tested on one chest with both ManaReg mod activated and deactivated and mana jumped both times. So it is not connected with this mod.

Kaerwek
11-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I can confirm that too. I've tried with no mods / anything extra and still the damn chest jumps my mana...

Kaer