PDA

View Full Version : Steam Armor and Drill?

AgentTBC
10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm in Mehgard and two items for sale are a "Steam Armor" and "Drill".

The armor gives +30% to attack and +30% to defense with -1 speed but has a "special influence" on short humanoids which I assume means dwarves and alchemists and cannoneers and such. The drill gives +25% to physical damage with -1 initiative and has a "special influence" on melee warriors.

Does anyone know what this special influence is? I've equipped them and didn't notice anything unduly interesting. Maybe a hidden influence in combat?

laffwis
10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
The armor gives +30% to attack and +30% to defense with -1 speed but has a "special influence" on short humanoids which I assume means dwarves and alchemists and cannoneers and such.

the changes you see only in combat-mode and "special influence on short huamnoids" just means - as you said - for dwarves and no other species.

Calinda
11-07-2008, 06:29 AM
That is completely not true, as it affects most of the humans and elves. IMO "short humanoids" is there to exclude things like giants.

player1
11-07-2008, 06:33 AM
And the special influence is, what?

jwallstone
03-10-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm wondering this as well and it never got answered. I noticed that equipping the armor does in fact give +30% defense and attack to my units, (with the exception of the green dragons, weird) which can be seen even outside of battle on the information screen. I don't notice anything from the drill.

But this doesn't answer the question. What is the special influence? It can't be the defense/attack bonus, since none of my troops are dwarves, and it gives that bonus regardless. Anyone know for either item?