PDA

View Full Version : Babies and item slots

player1
10-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Which slots are taken first, when you get babies?

Is it random, or in some order?

Nike-it
10-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Which slots are taken first, when you get babies?

Is it random, or in some order?

It's random and generates at the begining of the game.

Infiltrator
10-28-2008, 06:36 AM
What if you have an item in the slot the baby was meant to go in? Can you make him go in the boot if you fill the rest up?

Nike-it
10-28-2008, 06:47 AM
What if you have an item in the slot the baby was meant to go in? Can you make him go in the boot if you fill the rest up?

No, the baby will replace the item, and it will be stored in the inventory

Infiltrator
10-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Than that settles it, having half demon babies wasn't my thing to begin with.

I mean what are the chances of getting the +10% combat xp brat and stuffing him in the boot slot?

Eldritch
10-28-2008, 11:28 AM

I mean what are the chances of getting the +10% combat xp brat and stuffing him in the boot slot?

This was my first playthrough on hard and I've made lots of useless (cept' the +5 def. kid, that ones p. cool :cool:) children with feanora and am regretting it now that I'm in the elven lands. Now I'm off to get(!) the demon lass because the possibility of +10 intellect/attack with two weapon slots alone makes her the best wife evarrr especially for an aspiring mageling. I'm def. getting Xeona over Neoka even though I'm currently using the she-elf army of doom *powered by anga's ring* along with some elven archers and royal snakes. Maybe I'd even get tolerance in the future for the demonesses...

Oh and...

Kids ain't worth it. Waiting for 10 battles to see what kid pops out especially ain't worth it. Use a rubber or whatever medieval equivalent you have or something. Nobody likes Cambions/Tieflings anyway. :evil: They always tend to be a bit... stereotypical. :)

Nike-it
10-28-2008, 12:09 PM

Sorry, but don't know, but the chance to have that exact kid (+10% combat xp) is quite big.

Eldritch
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know a way of editting some files for those wife slots? Like changin the babies place to the boot slot or something? Or totally aborting existing ones? Can someone mod dwarven abortion clinics to the game? :lol:

Infiltrator
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Sorry, but don't know.

Well that was a retorical question, but it's easy to determine.

Pool of 10 kids, every one is unique. Getting that particular one means you have a 10% chance. Having that particular one in the boot (1 out of 4 slots, i.e. 25%) drops the % down to 1/4th of 10%, which means 2.5% chance of getting Dmitry in the damn boot slot (or any other particular baby in a particular spot).

LOL @ dwarven abortion clinic, I can just imagine how that would look.

Nike-it
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Well that was a retorical question, but it's easy to determine.

Pool of 10 kids, every one is unique. Getting that particular one means you have a 10% chance. Having that particular one in the boot (1 out of 4 slots, i.e. 25%) drops the % down to 1/4th of 10%, which means 2.5% chance of getting Dmitry in the damn boot slot (or any other particular baby in a particular spot).

LOL @ dwarven abortion clinic, I can just imagine how that would look.

The chances of getting kids differ, the most chances have: Ambrella, Angelika, Gomer, Gavrill, John, Dmitry, Laura and Robert. Other kids have almost same chances.

Infiltrator
10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Hmm, really? Interesting.

Be as it may, the number wouldn't be offset by much due to the slots widdling down the %.

bman654
10-28-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah I really wish we could abort kids.

I got 2 or 3 good kids with Feonara (things like +% defense, +% intelligence) and at least one kid not worth the crap in his diapers. I keep clicking on him hoping I get the option to dropkick him into the ocean.

player1
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
So, as far as I understand the answers here, child can pop in in any slot (free or not free of items), without any order.

So you can't plan have kids in speicific slots.
Things like first baby goes first slot from left, second goes to second, etc...

Right?

bman654
10-28-2008, 04:32 PM
right! It is a crap shoot if the random kid that pops out is better than the random space it takes up! Sorta like real life ;)

player1
10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Personally, if only babaies could be moved between slots I would be more then OK with the system.