PDA

View Full Version : Modding Shop Contents

DavekeC
10-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello all

Currently i am running around with my lvl 17 mage having great funs but i have a simple request. Maybe it won't be for this game but when i replay the game (and you bet i will replay it as a warrior then on hard) i would like to make sure that certain units and spells and artefacts are available for me TO BUY ! Don't get me wrong i don't want to edit the hero.txt file and just give me everything i want from the start. I want to be sure that the items i like and spells i use are available for purchase troughout the game.

So is there anyway to edit the contents of certain shops for troops, spells and items is my question.

Thx in advance !

bman654
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I believe you have to edit the .stream files that describe each location which are binary files and not as easy to edit as the other stuff. I've looked into it but have not put any real effort into decoding the files. Maybe our Russian friends have done something with these files? They've had the game alot longer than us.

TheWizardKs
05-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I believe you have to edit the .stream files that describe each location which are binary files and not as easy to edit as the other stuff. I've looked into it but have not put any real effort into decoding the files. Maybe our Russian friends have done something with these files? They've had the game alot longer than us.

what the ____??? if you can't edit what is available in shops/castles then the game is not moddable now is it? Great game, loads of fun, some issues like some fights unbalanced but overall good job. But to hardcode some things integral and very important to the game play makes the game, IMHO, NOT moddable.

Now that I've got that off my chest, there has to be other ways. I say this because of my recently completed quest (no I don't remember exactly was it the Turtle boss as I think?) that after talking to King Mark and receiving quest completed, the castle had new troops, and HORDE for quantity. So I am thinking perhaps investigate how did this quest script do this? Or was it also in this binary file?