PDA

View Full Version : Request: More mind runes for Mages

Telstar
10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
As said. I think that currenty it is unbalanced, too many attack and mage runes but too few mind ones.

The mod should add 2 or 3 per level instead of one.

Also a cheat that would create 5-6 mind runes would help me.

Thanks

Nike-it
10-27-2008, 11:48 AM
As said. I think that currenty it is unbalanced, too many attack and mage runes but too few mind ones.

The mod should add 2 or 3 per level instead of one.

Also a cheat that would create 5-6 mind runes would help me.

Thanks

There is a cheat which will help you:
Press "Shift + ~" and type: rune <sum>
sum = amount of runes (each type)

korben
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
No please not.
What do you want from the Mind-Tree?
The Might-Tree with Onslaught is much more usefull for a Mage.

Zwolf
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
You can buy runes at one of the dwarven castles mid-game so it's not really a problem as long as you didn't waste your cash in useless stuffs.

kadrzys
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
playing mage needs a little patience;) aim destroyer and higher magic skills abbandon mind tree:P

PiIsExactly3
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
You can buy runes at one of the dwarven castles mid-game so it's not really a problem as long as you didn't waste your cash in useless stuffs.
Is this random? I don't remember seeing this in my game.

Metathron
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I've only played the warrior and mage, and though I know mind runes are not their forte, they still seem to be in awful short supply. Not that I really care for much of the Mind skill tree.

Saridu
10-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I chewed through mind runes as a mage, and not on the mind tree! (I think I took Glory, reserve and learning) but distortion, higher magic and esp order magic if you are going for the archmage take a lot of mind runes.

Luckily I had the banner of the old order or something like that for sale (+4 defense, +10 mind runes after 50 battles)

bugmenot
10-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Is this random? I don't remember seeing this in my game.

When you meet with the dwarven king and request a peace treaty he sends you on a quest to resuce his son, the son's castle has been overtaken by demons.

That's the castle you can buy runes at, below the dwarf king, south east corner.

Runes get expensive, 100k for the first, 200k for the second, 300k etc...

It makes the trading skill look not too bad (6 mind runes for 100% sale value of artifacts).
________
marijuana indica (http://strainindex.com)

aaaaa
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I've only played the warrior and mage, and though I know mind runes are not their forte, they still seem to be in awful short supply. Not that I really care for much of the Mind skill tree.

I second this opinion. My lev 25 warrior hero has 50+ might rune, 60+ magic rune, but only 10 mind rune left in inventory. Mind rune is needed for learning might/magic skill, too. That's why mind rune is in so short supply.

There must be way to convert left-over runes to other kind of runes with some exchange ratio like 2:1, like taking 1 mind rune for giving 2 might runes.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-27-2008, 11:35 PM

For 100k!

I don't think so

billythegreat
10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
heh , paladins have such skill, runic power, where you convert 10 mind for 10 might and 10 magic. Extremelly usefull for my pala, used all 3 ranks.

bman654
10-28-2008, 02:20 AM
ie pallys have too many mind runes and are given a skill to compensate. Mages and warriors have too few mind runes. Heh.

Zwolf
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
For 100k!

I don't think so

Except if you plane to build a giant gold statue at your effigy I don't see the point to keep all the gold you collected in the game.

Telstar
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM

Yes, i just think they should be more available, or less used in the mage/might trees, or received in greater number at levelup.

I found that cheat but the problem is only the scarcity of the mind runes.

Telstar
10-30-2008, 12:31 PM
PS: I was very early in the game, and i still am (just going to dwarves now).
I found a banner that after 50 victories gives 10 mind runes: not bad ;)