PDA

View Full Version : Request: Necromancer don't hit undeads

JudgeMan
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Having fun with the Sacrificial Knife mod right now. One thing is annoying tho, necromancer's cloud attack hits allied undead troops (would want it to be like druid's aoe attack but only for undeads). Tried searching a bit in the ses.kfs and data.kfs but couldn't find anything.

So, if anyone can find where are necromancers parameters I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

bman654
10-24-2008, 11:22 PM
look for a file called something like necromancer.atom I believe in data.atom. The unit .atom files contain the data on their special abilities. For some special abilities which are targetted, there will be a line something about targetting_script. It will have the name of a function. This function will be found in ses.kfs most likely in the special_attacks.lua or one of the others. This function dictates which are valid targets. You can either edit the function (which may be used by other abilities too so be careful), create a new function (and tell the .atom file to use it), or just find another targetting function that does what you want and tell the .atom file to use it. Of course things might be a bit different for a target-all attack. Hopefully this at least gets you looking in the right direction.

JudgeMan
10-25-2008, 05:11 AM
Nice thanks for that.

Although I didn't find deadcloud in special_attacks.lua there is this in the necromant.atom:

throw1 {
group=1,2
showdmg=1
device=deadcloud
base_attack=1
class=throw
distance=6
mindist=1
friendly_fire=1
penalty=0.5
animation=throw_attack/throw/thtarget
throw=deadcloud
framekey=x
7in1=0.5
damage {
magic=8,12
}

Could it be only that? I checked the Druid.atom and instead of Friendly_fire=1 it has base_attack=1. So can we change (how?) anything in these .atom files?

PS. You're Bman from TQ forums aren't you?

bman654
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah the stuff has strange names. Notice the "throw=deathcloud" so this is the right ability. Notice this one also has "base_attack=1" already. I suspect that if you change "friendly_fire=0" then it will not affect friendly units. Of course that means it wouldn't hit any of your friendly units whether or not they were undead. Another simple option would be to change the damage from magic to poison. That way undead units would still be affected but they would take less damage.

Just some ideas.

p.s. yes

JudgeMan
10-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Hmmm right... can't change it to only undeads.

Oh well, I'll change it back when I don't use Sacrificial_Knife.

Thanks and good to see you're modding for this awesome game :)

Goblin Wizard
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
you can add "nfeatures=undead" in the throw1 section. Necromant won't be able to cast deadcloud on undead but undeads will still get hit if inside damage area. I've tried to make it like plague that works on undead but don't affect them but i can't find where "deadcloud" is scripted.

Isy
11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Having fun with the Sacrificial Knife mod right now?

Thanks.

Is that a mod to sacrifice enermy characters? If so, hows that done?

Also, is there a way to get the might upgrade (forgot the name) to give dragon arrows rather than fire arrows?

Thanks in advance

JudgeMan
11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
It's a mod from the russian forums. It lets you sacrifice some of the normal units you have to undead equivalents (sometimes its not really equi. but w/e). Like priest -> Ghost, Swordsman -> zombie, any archer -> skel archer, inqusitor->vampire, alchemist->ancient vampire, horseman/cannoneer -> black knight, archmage/shaman->necromancer, any dragons -> bone dragons etc. It doesn't convert ALL units tho. There was a more complete list in russian forums.

For the Dragon arrow replacing Fire arrow, I don't know. There's probably a way since Dragon arrow works like Fire arrow in the way that i gives the ability to the archer so yes, I would have to look. Bman would probably find a way in seconds since he's so awesome :P