PDA

View Full Version : Mod "Accelerated Mana Regen"

bman654
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Accelerated Mana Regeneration / Rage Degeneration Mod

Use this mod to quickly restore your mana without having to wait for it to slowly refill. When you want to activate the mod, just hover your mouse over the time-of-day indicator (little picture of the sky just above the mana/health indicators). Your mana will instantly be refilled. Your rage will instantly be lowered an appropriate amount as if you had stood there and waited for your mana to slowly refill.

This is not really a cheat. Just a time saver.

Works with 1.6.5.

bugmenot
10-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Thank you greatly, for both this and your Battle Camera mod I use extensively.
________
TS90 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_TS90)

bugmenot
10-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Ryder posted a link to your other mods in the Cancelling Rage Animation thread

bman654's other mods (http://www.kbmods.nm.ru/eng/)

The Interface mod is excellent, but can I ask what the others do? I couldn't find a readme.

mod_164_eng_anim_spirit.zip - removes / shortens rage spirit animations?
mod_164_eng_armywalk.zip - army walk speed? Tested it, didn't notice much of a difference?
mod_164_eng_bonus.zip - ??? tested, didn't notice anything?
mod_164_eng_camera.zip - I thought it would let the camera zoom out more, didn't seem to do anything? Edit: does work, but you need to go through a portal first after installing the mod.
mod_164_eng_interface.zip - Excellent tool.
________
Aprilia SMV750 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_SMV750)

bman654
10-19-2008, 03:56 AM
none of those are mine. camera mod *does* let you zoom out further on the adventure map. It is one I use. As well as interface mod. I have no idea what the others are, other than they are made by the ruskies. I think there is a link somewhere with english descriptions of them.

Namel
10-19-2008, 05:57 AM
I tried it out and at least with my current mage it doesn't really help me. I do get mana fast and never have to wait that. Problem is that sometimes I rather start fight with bit less mana and more rage but with this rage tends to go down very fast. Maybe later on I try it again but with current situation I think I am better off without the mod. Thanks for effort anyways. :)

I take there is no way to make it so I could trigger faster regen myself when I want to?

bman654
10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I couldn't find a way. I wanted to tie it to digging so you could trigger it by digging but there aren't any digging hooks in the lua scripts that I could find.

That's why I made the regeneration less accelerated the fuller your mana was to try to keep rage from dropping really fast unless mana was low. But there's only so much I can do without a user-initiated trigger.

Namel
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Could it be tied to inactivity? If I don't move for 5 seconds it kicks in?

bman654
10-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Okay I uploaded a new version. Mana regeneration and rage degeneration are now normal. Instead if you don't want to wait, just hover your mouse over the time of day indicator. Your mana will instantly refill and your rage will drop an appropriate amount.

peprik
10-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Nice mod Bman!
Just curious - does it count with Meditation level of my hero?
Like less rage drop after mouse hovering, when my hero has higher level of manareg. due to meditation?
Thanks.

bman654
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah it takes all that stuff into effect. It is as if it just ran time real fast until max mana--only the time does not change.

bugmenot
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you bman
http://assessor.co.douglas.nv.us/images/thank-you.jpg

Very nice mod.
________
girlfriends pics (http://girlfriendpics.org)

ender
10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks for the mod.
i hope you want to mod this game at same level like ufo-et :)

Smoke
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Doesn't seem to work in 1.6b7?

The time thing above the mana rage bubbles gives a popup like
Days: 5
Time od Day: Daytime

But there's nothing with a time in the "HH:MM" format in that popup.
So i wonder why the the time_gen() function you hooked up for your accelerate_manaregen() function would be called wehen i hover over that area?

bman654
10-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I have 1.6.5 so that file I uploaded came from 1.6.5. I guess 1.6b7 doesn't display the time when you hover over the globe hence it doesn't work. Maybe you should apply the 1.6.5 patch? Or else try inserting my code in another function in that file. I recall seeing a is_daytime() function or something that might do the trick for you.

bugmenot
10-22-2008, 02:57 AM
I have 1.6.5 so that file I uploaded came from 1.6.5. I guess 1.6b7 doesn't display the time when you hover over the globe hence it doesn't work. Maybe you should apply the 1.6.5 patch? Or else try inserting my code in another function in that file. I recall seeing a is_daytime() function or something that might do the trick for you.

Thanks for the tip.

I decided to try this modding thing, didn't have a clue at first (looking for something to extract the .kfs files, didn't realise they were just renamed zips).

A bit surprised there was no modding tutorial on in the forum, but doing what I thought would be a simple change served as quite an interesting exercise.

I've edited your mod_165_acceleratedmanaregen.kfs, all the complex code you did in the accelerate_manaregen function is untouched, I just added one line to the gen_day_time function.

If you'd like this removing or in any way feel it's stepping on your toes let me know and I'll remove edit this post.

It seems to work in 1.64 now, although I really should update to 1.65, but I'd rather not unless 1.65 does something useful (like a bugfix which affects me, or a useful new feature. 1.64 has the convenience of no atari video and not needing the disc).
________
portable vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/iolite-vaporizer)

bman654
10-22-2008, 04:57 AM
oh it wasn't working in 1.6.4 either? Thanks for doing a 1.6.4 version.

aaaaa
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Configurable rage mana change mod

This mod adjusts rate of rage drop and mana regen by time.
The rate of rage, mana change can be set separately.

To adjust change rates, modify 'config.txt' (from /sessions/base/ses.kfs)
Example (from config.txt)
mods {
mod_rage_change=-60
mod_mana_change=20
}

Modify mod_rage_change for rage, mod_mana_change for mana, respectively.
Value is percent offset from rate of original change. (100%)
Negative number (-99 ~ -1) means slower change percent.
Positive number means (1 ~ 1000 ) means faster change percent.
Ex) -60 means 40%, 100 means 200% of orignal rate.
Current setting is 40% rage drop, 120% mana regen.

This mod also includes instant mana refill function of
"Accelerated Mana Regen" mod authored by bman654.
When you want full mana, just hover your mouse over the time-of-day indicator.
(little picture of the sky in lower left side of screen)
Then, mana is fully refilled and rage drops accordingly.

To install:
Extract 'mod_ragemana_change.kfs' and 'config.txt' files from ZIP file.
Put them to <GAME_INSTALL_DIR> (King's Bounty. The Legend)/data/mods folder.

To remove: Remove these files from mods folder and restart game.

This mod is based on "Accelerated Mana Regen" mod authored
by 'bman654' @ KBTL forum. Thanks, bman654 & BugMeNot.

-------
Version: "King's Bounty: The Legend" version 1.6.4, 1.6.5
Date: 2008. Oct. 22
ZIP file name: mod_ragemana_change_v1.zip
By SimCutie (or 'aaaaa' @t KBTL official forum)

Forum URL: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4984

Affected game files: (from sessions/base/ses.kfs)
config.txt, logic_hero.lua, textgen.lua

-------

bman654
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
^^ Just an fyi....the interface mod uses config.txt also so the above isn't compatible with the interface mod without some manual merging by the user during installation.

aaaaa
10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I modified spamm's UI interface mod to be compatible with my mod.
The config.txt file is now moved out from kfs file to separate file.
This is version is for patch 1.6.4 and above. The interface mod for patch 1.6.b7 don't have config.txt, so no conflict with mine.

Config.txt of my mod already has same feature to disable startup logo. So, to use both mod in patch 1.6.4 version, just throw away the config.txt from this fixed interface mod and use config.txt from my mod.

I think that other modder should keep 'config.txt' as separate file out of kfs file as my mod did. The config.txt file is kind of 'master file' for modding and may be used by other mods for various purpose. Keep it separate file for well-behaving mod with others. And mark your modification on it clearly for easier integration.

peprik
10-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the tip.

I decided to try this modding thing, didn't have a clue at first (looking for something to extract the .kfs files, didn't realise they were just renamed zips).

A bit surprised there was no modding tutorial on in the forum, but doing what I thought would be a simple change served as quite an interesting exercise.

I've edited your mod_165_acceleratedmanaregen.kfs, all the complex code you did in the accelerate_manaregen function is untouched, I just added one line to the gen_day_time function.

If you'd like this removing or in any way feel it's stepping on your toes let me know and I'll remove edit this post.

It seems to work in 1.64 now, although I really should update to 1.65, but I'd rather not unless 1.65 does something useful (like a bugfix which affects me, or a useful new feature. 1.64 has the convenience of no atari video and not needing the disc).
Thanks for the mod - it works nice with my 16b7 patched to 164. (bugmenot version)
There are some "glitches" though.
1. I found it to be "cheat" some times - as you can recharge your mana instantly, while the game is paused- like when there are 2 strong enemies running on you from both directions of narrow corridor, it can save your life, but then is cheating imho ;)

2. there is probably bug, and maybe its not in the mod, but in the game (but i didnt noticed it before staring using this mod): my total mana was already 2x rised by 30!! after opening treasure chest, which supposed to be containing only gold. Well its nice, but I start to feel like cheater again.

Namel
10-25-2008, 02:41 AM
1. I found it to be "cheat" some times - as you can recharge your mana instantly, while the game is paused- like when there are 2 strong enemies running on you from both directions of narrow corridor, it can save your life, but then is cheating imho ;)

You just have to decide to not cheat. :) After all there is many ways to cheat and this just introduces one more. Just resist one more temptation. As it is single player game cheating affects only yourself so nothing bad in it if you want to do it. Just don't cheat so much it ruins the game for yourself.

And thanks for mod. It is very nice. Saved me from so much standing around twiddling my thumbs.

bman654
10-25-2008, 03:16 AM
2. there is probably bug, and maybe its not in the mod, but in the game (but i didnt noticed it before staring using this mod): my total mana was already 2x rised by 30!! after opening treasure chest, which supposed to be containing only gold. Well its nice, but I start to feel like cheater again.

I'm not understanding you on this one. You mean a chest gave you 60 more max mana? Unlikely it is this mod since the only thing this mod "writes" in the game is the current mana and rage It never updates max mana. But if you can repeat it...

peprik
10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm not understanding you on this one. You mean a chest gave you 60 more max mana? Unlikely it is this mod since the only thing this mod "writes" in the game is the current mana and rage It never updates max mana. But if you can repeat it...

You are right, it's not connected with this mod at all - I was able to repeat it both with and without the mod. Sorry for false accusation!

But game bug there is! I open box which says 7000 gold and as a side effect my max mana is raised by 30. Very nice positive bug :rolleyes:

Metathron
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I think there may be a bug when this mod is combined with version 1.65. Namely, my mana keeps rising; I'm a level 5 mage with 112 mana, with no recollection where I accumulated that much (i.e. I couldn't have).

And when I remove the mod, the mana remains at that level, which feels like cheating. :-x

Keneth
01-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't see how that's possible unless bman made an error in his calculations. Try replicating the bug only when the mod is active, otherwise you're having the same problem as the poster before you.

Metathron
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, this is the first time I'm using this mod, and I have never had mana increase like that before, so I don't see how it could be something other than this mod causing this.

Unless it's clashing with one of the other mods...I have two other mods in addition to this one - the next generation, and the improved user interface. I can try removing these, but I doubt anything will change.

EDIT: Nope. Eh, I guess I'll keep playing this game, I can't be arsed to restart.

P.S.: I have decided to keep using the mod after all. I wonder just how much the mana pool will increase still. Perhaps I'll set some kind of record. :D

Keneth
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Well mine doesn't deal with character stats and interface mod is purely cosmetic so there shouldn't be any relation. Like I said, to make sure it's actually a bug in the mod, you need to be able to replicate it and only with the mod active.

bman654
01-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Read earlier in the thread. Someone else said sometimes the max mana just goes up by 30 for no reason when opening a chest. He did some tests and proved it wasn't the mod's fault but a bug in the game. Anyway you can use the console cheat to lower your max mana back to a normal amount. I don't recall the exact command but I think it also is earlier in the thread.

Metathron
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
If it's a bug in the game, how come it has never happened before, in three full games and a couple partial, without the mod?

Don't get me wrong, it's great that we have people who are willing to spend time on improving or diversifying the game, I just can't make sense of this being a core game bug.

Keneth
01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Well it stands to reason that unless you can find a liable cause for the bug or an instance of recurrence, it's more likely an error within the game code (which covers everything) rather than the mod (which supposedly has nothing to do with max mana), and the fact that it's happening now merely a matter of circumstance.

(sorry for the fancy words) :P

bman654
01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Many are using the mod and not seeing the bug either. So it is as is typical for a bug - it only happens sometimes. Post #23 (the post just before yours) confirms the bug is reproducable without the mod. I personally have not seen it with or without the mod,.

BuffaloX
01-19-2009, 12:53 AM
I have two times now experienced +30 to my max mana, one time at level 5, and one time at level 7, it didn´t happen with my previous game, which I played to level 8, I started over because there were no royal snakes...

I didn't notice it when it happened, but first time I tried to load a save game,
that was only two minutes old, and do exactly the same things again, but without getting the extra 30 mana.

I was in the graveyard both times, so it may very well have happened while looting graves?

I will now remove the mana mod, can anybody point me to a cheater so I can reset my mana to normal?

I now have 119 mana at level 7, my first game I had 160 mana at level 26.
Too bad this is happening, it is a very cool idea with this mana mod.
I think it is the mod causing this, because I haven´t seen this happening to anyone not using this mod.

PS I use game version 1.64

Keneth
01-19-2009, 01:19 AM
You can try typing "mana -30" in the console but I'm not sure it accepts negative values. I don't think there's any savegame editors out there so the only other option is making a small mod like a consumable item or a script. As far as the bug is concerned it might simply be that no one noticed it during a regular game since they had no reason to. It could be some simple power of suggestion, since they noticed the bug while using a mod that restores mana, the first thing they related it to is the mod. But as someone already mentioned, they've encountered the bug even while not using the mod, so proving that the bug happens while using the mod doesn't really achieve anything, it's like solving only one side of the equation. If you want to be certain that it's a bug in the mod, you have to also be able to prove that the bug can't occur while not using the mod.

BuffaloX
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Thank you Mana -30 behaved quite funny I got mana 0, but then it started counting up very slowly, but mana 59 fixed it.

SeomanCC
02-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Many are using the mod and not seeing the bug either. So it is as is typical for a bug - it only happens sometimes. Post #23 (the post just before yours) confirms the bug is reproducable without the mod. I personally have not seen it with or without the mod,.

Ok I finally figured it out. The 30 mana is a bug caused by the mod after all.

Duplicate as follows...

1) Hover over the day/time display and often your mana doesn't instantly update. (I usually open up my spellbook and close it and try again, then it works) But in this case we want it to fail to regen your mana.

2) Pick up any pile of coins or chest with gold in it. There needs to be a +gold update to your character because when you did step 1, it updates your max mana +30 instead. You will even see your mana flash briefly same as the gold does when you get gold.

I can replicate this bug at will now. I got in the habit of quicksaving before picking up chests in case the bug occurred so at least I only have about 240 mana at level 28. Still excessive though :(

pdizzle
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok I finally figured it out. The 30 mana is a bug caused by the mod after all.

Duplicate as follows...

1) Hover over the day/time display and often your mana doesn't instantly update. (I usually open up my spellbook and close it and try again, then it works) But in this case we want it to fail to regen your mana.

2) Pick up any pile of coins or chest with gold in it. There needs to be a +gold update to your character because when you did step 1, it updates your max mana +30 instead. You will even see your mana flash briefly same as the gold does when you get gold.

I can replicate this bug at will now. I got in the habit of quicksaving before picking up chests in case the bug occurred so at least I only have about 240 mana at level 28. Still excessive though :(

This is confirmed by me also. I can reproduce it at will as well. I didn't know about the open/close spellbook quickfix tho..thx for that. That cuts down on my, "mana -1, mana --previous mana--" routines. :)

Pyros_IT
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorry, have I missed something or there is no version of this mod for 1.7?
If there is, can someone plz direct me to it?

tks

Keneth
05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
If it works with v1.6.5, it should work with v1.7.0. The versions are essentially the same, barring some minor localization differences. If not, it can be easily modified by copying the modified script lines into your own file.

Pyros_IT
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry, I realized I have to open/close spellbook to make it work. Someone else must have mentioned it. Tks

Harakiri
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I cant get this to work with 1.7 - even when opening the spell book

NVM

installed the mod_164_acceleratedmanaregen.zip from this thread page 2 and it works - basically the same issue mentioned - the clock only shows "day X" not time - so the hook wont work!