PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Mod for babies/gear, wifes and so on

billythegreat
10-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I find it highly annoying that after a crappy baby is born ( like + 4 scrolls ) i cannot use the gear slot that baby occupy . Is it possible to make a mod to use the slots with babies or gear? I mean if i don ' t like the kid to smack a weapon or artifact over his face and that gear piece to have the active effect, not the baby.

Or a mod to let you put the baby for adoption :grin: if u don't like him. Or to let you divorce and the possibility to get back the same wife again .

Sigh , who would know that this game will bring so much family problems ? :eek:

reed
10-18-2008, 08:52 AM
there's a cheat for this case ( i read them in another thread )

block these:
press "Shift" + "~", type "clearwife"

milo
10-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I believe clearwife deletes wife and babies so be careful if you do this. One thing you can do is control what slots each wife has available and choose which children each wife can give birth to. If you look inside ses.kfs there is a file called wifes.txt. You can look up on the forum which children give which bonuses then edit wifes.txt so you should be able to select which children you want. I have not tried this personally but it should work.

Rhym
10-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Shift-~ CLEARWIFE does indeed clear only the item slots and leaves the wife intact. Got so tired of shitty babies I got when i didn't know what I was doing, I just cleared my froggie and stuffed her full of artifacts instead.

milo
10-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I just tested my suggestion and it does indeed work I selected the baby with the ability I wanted, +30% mana and removed other children and got the outcome I wanted. It is also easy to just adjust what king of artifacts each wife can carry.

billythegreat
10-21-2008, 10:39 PM
hmm the cheat works to delete the children, but if you choose to make babies again, same ugly kids will pop up, in the same slots. Thats why I think a mod to adress this issues could be good.

i mean, come on, i got the wife i need for the bonus i like and i am stuck with crappy kids, the only possibility to change this is to start a new game.Not fair :(

kadrzys
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
try milo's way to prefer children for wife, it works

Direwulff
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Ok this may sound totally stupid but everyone is saying looking inside the ses.kfs to edit the wifes.txt file. The .kfs thing is a file what am i supposed to open it with and where is the additional file. Is this something like a .rar file i need to open with winrar?

Tanveyor
11-07-2008, 05:13 PM
The file is located in ....King's Bounty/sessions/base/ses.kfs
You open it with WinZip, rightclick and open with...
In the list with files you see, you can edit all txt files, just double click on it to open the txt file.
For example, the ultimate hero mod has edited the hero.txt, to edit the children of wifes edit wifes.txt
Look around in all the txt files, you can edit even the day and night times. Save all changes, start a new game and see what it does.
Tip: make a copy of ses.kfs first.