PDA

View Full Version : Possible errors and Pach question

Warmskin
10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
OK, first of all, I bought this retail version DVD at a store and it says it is version 1.6b7. I have noticed no problems so far (level 7) except I don't see any portals on any maps. No big deal. Is this new patch (1.6.5) for me (English, retail vers.)?
Also, I have noticed a few odd things happening...
When I use 'Magic Shackles' on Skeleton Archers there seems to be no effect.They can still use both their talents and abilities (they shoot me and use poison and black arrows).
And 'Devilfish' are moving twice in one turn. They move, someone else moves and the same exact troop of devilfish move again. No, this is not an end of turn - begin new turn issue.
Any clues w/b greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rhomboidspace
10-19-2008, 03:59 AM
OK, first of all, I bought this retail version DVD at a store and it says it is version 1.6b7. I have noticed no problems so far (level 7) except I don't see any portals on any maps. No big deal. Is this new patch (1.6.5) for me (English, retail vers.)?
Also, I have noticed a few odd things happening...
When I use 'Magic Shackles' on Skeleton Archers there seems to be no effect.They can still use both their talents and abilities (they shoot me and use poison and black arrows).
And 'Devilfish' are moving twice in one turn. They move, someone else moves and the same exact troop of devilfish move again. No, this is not an end of turn - begin new turn issue.
Any clues w/b greatly appreciated. Thanks.

devilfish have the running tallent which allows them to recieve an extra couple of movement points once per battle, what you're seeing is the AI doesn't fully use the devilfish's action points, waits, and later finishes using them and also uses that ability. and with the skeletons, i really can't tell you.

Warmskin
10-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. How about the patch - do you know? Thanks.

Kosiciel
10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
If You have 1.6b7 then yes, apply 1.6.5. Almost for sure You have Atari version.

Huygens
10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I bought King's Bounty from GamersGate, version 1.6.4 (build 34.387). I don't see any mention of Atari, since it was a direct download purchase. Is the patch compatible with my version, or will I end up messing up the game?

Thank you in advance.

Nike-it
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I bought King's Bounty from GamersGate, version 1.6.4 (build 34.387). I don't see any mention of Atari, since it was a direct download purchase. Is the patch compatible with my version, or will I end up messing up the game?

Thank you in advance.

This patch is ONLY for Atari version (version 1.6b7). So don't install it.

Huygens
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the extra fast response :)

Does that mean that the GG version will receive a patch later? (because, from a quick glance, I still use "D" for digging, whereas with the patch I think it's "E")

edit: oops, how lazy of me. Just checked with GG and there's a patch there...Sorry. Still, do I need to start a new game, or can I go on playing the current one? Many thanks

Nike-it
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the extra fast response :)

Does that mean that the GG version will receive a patch later? (because, from a quick glance, I still use "D" for digging, whereas with the patch I think it's "E")

edit: oops, how lazy of me. Just checked with GG and there's a patch there...Sorry. Still, do I need to start a new game, or can I go on playing the current one? Many thanks

As far as I know, you can use your old saves.

mechnic
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
As far as I know, you can use your old saves.

Nike-it; I got my game from D2D vers 1.6b7 (build 32746), can I use the patch that is here or do I have to wait for a patch from D2D? :confused:

Nike-it
10-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Nike-it; I got my game from D2D vers 1.6b7 (build 32746), can I use the patch that is here or do I have to wait for a patch from D2D? :confused:

Yes, you can. KB 1.6b7 (build 32746) is Atari version.

bman654
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
hmm

mithril
10-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi everybody (this is my first post)

First of all: thanks to the developper, this game rocks !
I bought the game in France and I got the 'not atari' version
Are there any issue that I should expect which are fixed in this patch? Or does this patch fix issues exclusive to the atari version?

mechnic
10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Yes, you can. KB 1.6b7 (build 32746) is Atari version.

Thanks Nike-it; I had the patch downloaded so after I read your message I installed it without any problems. And at the screen for start or load it shows the new patch number in the bottom left corner. Also I made sure that I did not have any mods in the mod folder of the program/data folder. Been playing my 3rd game with no problems! :grin: