PDA

View Full Version : Will the new English 1.6.5 patch work after I patched with the Russian 1.6.4 patch?

Snaggly Pete
10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Since the English patch just came out, I guess it may be too early for anyone to answer this question, but I thought I'd ask it anyway. At this point, part of me wishes that I would have just waited for the English patch, but perhaps even if I can't install it over the Russian patch, maybe the save games I have now will still work if I uninstall the game and then use the English patch?

EDIT: if I didn't make it clear, my game is the US DVD version (1.6b7) and I used the Russian 1.6.4 patch

Snaggly Pete
10-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Well for anyone who's interested, I used the English 1.6.5 patch over the Russian 1.6.4 patch and everything seems to be fine. Two things I noticed immediately though:
1. The Atari logo is back at the bottom of the screen when the game starts.
2. I need to put my CD in the drive for the game to run.

jake21
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the update. Were there any positive changes? I sort of like the idea of not having the atari logo and not having to put the cd in the drive :)

Well for anyone who's interested, I used the English 1.6.5 patch over the Russian 1.6.4 patch and everything seems to be fine. Two things I noticed immediately though:
1. The Atari logo is back at the bottom of the screen when the game starts.
2. I need to put my CD in the drive for the game to run.

Snaggly Pete
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the update. Were there any positive changes? I sort of like the idea of not having the atari logo and not having to put the cd in the drive :)

No positive changes that were obvious. Unless, of course, you consider the resolution of the Mirabella crash and other bugs a positive change...:)

kennec
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/patches.php

jake21
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I meant any positive changes over 1.6.4 ? Mirabella crashing i solved with the eng hot fix. But it is not clear to me (from the change list) which are specific to 1.6.5. I suspect the poison cloud was toned down from 1.6.4 (in) 1.6.5. In my current game (hard warrior) I've been abusing it horribly.

No positive changes that were obvious. Unless, of course, you consider the resolution of the Mirabella crash and other bugs a positive change...:)

BobbRobb
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd be interested too which changes are new in 1.6.5 over the Russian 1.6.4.

I really don't like having to swap CDs back and forth all the time so if there's nothing new in the English patch there's no point in installing it over the Russian 1.6.4.