PDA

View Full Version : Using your map to really speed up quests

Jinix the Elder
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
King's Bounty - Legend covers a large area with lots of quests that keep you traveling around this world to complete.

The map shows main roads and larger buildings but who lives there and where you buy troops and goods are is not marked.

The in-game map allows you to make notes anywhere.
Use this feature from the start.
Write names of who lives where.
Mark where can buy your favorite troops - like those funny powerful dwarves, availible early in the game - then when you want more you won't be roaming the wrong area looking to hire more.
Mark maps with notes about what battles you have not completed.

This is especially helpful if you take a few days off of playing and forget where you saw that great piece of armor for sale earlier in the game when you did not have enough gold.

Taking clear notes on the map as you go will save you many hours of wasted searching later.

In the games of yesteryear you wrote your notes for real on paper. Now they have made it easier to do in-game.

Jinix the Elder

That is the exploration that awaits you!
Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.
Leonard Nimoy

Jamers
10-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Agreed. Definitely been doing that from the start. It's especially helpful in this game because I feel like a lot was lost in the translation or they just didn't take the time to fully flesh out the quest log.
A lot of times it will say things like, "So and so wants you to find x." And then you find it--sometimes much later--but there is not description of WHERE the questgiver is and you end up wandering to find where to turn in a quest, etc.

The notes are KEY!!

bugmenot
10-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I haven't been keeping note of quests, but I've found making notes very useful for:

rare troops
artifacts which are part of a set
where i've garrisoned spare units (weak opponent+sacrifice+reserve=a spare set of inquisitors in a far away land comes in handy)
________
VT750 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VT750)