PDA

View Full Version : Console Codes for Cheating

Jinix the Elder
10-17-2008, 06:38 AM
I have gathered some console commands for cheating while playing King's Bounty The Legend:

BEFORE you use Cheat Codes understand that you will RUIN the thrill of the battles when you make the game overly easy by cheating - ALSO some cheats may prevent certain quests from being processed correctly.
HINTS FOR CHEATING:
Don't overdo the amounts - for instance adding a million in gold makes the 'earning' of gold pointless.
Increasing your Leadership/armies by large amounts makes the battles pointless too.
Adding huge amounts of Runes to increase your skills/abilities makes earning skills pointless.

- Cheat Codes I have found so far -
Press the Shift key and the key tilde ~ in game to bring up a small window to type the codes below and push enter.
Cheat codes are NOT case-sensitive.

BOAT [ Ship appears - you need to be by the water ]
CRYSTAL 10 [ Get 10 Magic Crystals or number you choose ]
CLEARWIFE [ Clears the kids but seems to keep the wife, duh? ]
DOUBLEARMY 1 [Doubles the number of your army in slot 1 - or 2,3,4,5 ]
LEVELUP [ Next Level ]
LEVELUP 2 [ Levels up 2]
LEADERSHIP 100 [ Adds 100 leadership points or any number you type ]
MAGICBOOK [Gives all spells/scrolls]
MANA [Full Mana]
MANA 10 [ Adds 10 Mana ]
MONEY 100 [ Adds 100 Gold ]
NAME JOE [Renames Hero to Joe - or make up your own name]
RAGE [ Gives Full Rage]
RAGE 2 [ Adds 2 to Rage - or any amount you type ]
RUNE 2 [ Adds 2 Runes to each , Might, Mind and Magic]
SPIRIT 2 [ Adds 2 levels to the Rage spirit - up to 30 max ]

Anyone know any more?

Jinix the Elder
King's Bounty The Legend

Cheating is like drinking - Too much leads to depression.

Netriak
10-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Those are all the normal cheat codes according to the official website.
The only other cheat codes are the special Dev-Mode ones, which can seriously break your game if used improperly. They allow teleporting through the map screen, adjusting the primary stats such as defence, creating units from thin air, freezing all enemies in place on the worldmap, killing whole specific stacks in the combat screen, change the flow of time, slay all enemies on the adventure map, etc.

For information how to use those codes, check here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2F64.233.183.104%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dcache%3AWBPi28W8riwJ%3Akingsbounty.ru%2Fforum %2Findex.php%253Fact%253DPrint%2526client%253Dword r%2526f%253D24%2526t%253D2236%2Bking%2527s%2Bbount y%2Bdev-%25D1%2580%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B6%25D0%25B8%25D0%25BC %26hl%3Den%26ct%3Dclnk%26cd%3D1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en
That is an automatic translation of a russian forum post describing said cheats/debug commands.

Jinix the Elder
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the link, some of the translations are difficult to understand but I get the basic DEV way to mess around even further with the game.

Jinix the Elder

Exploration really is the essence of the human spirit, and to pause, to falter, to turn our back on the quest for knowledge, is to perish.
Frank Borman

kadrzys
10-21-2008, 04:02 PM
is there any possibility to 'unlearn' skills by changing some file and adding runes by RUNE cheat?

Jinix the Elder
10-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Not sure why you want to unlearn a skill but the easiest thing to do is go back to the save before you gained that skill.

I have restarted several times myself. I cheated with the console codes at the beginning only to find that I wished I hadn't.

At first it was great to smash all level 1 enemies with level 3 spells when the enemy only had a few troops in it's armies. But it made the battles somewhat silly and not worth playing after a few goes.

So before it got out of hand I restarted without the cheats and now, about halfway through the game, I find that everything is well paced, I know what I'm doing and I understand the best ways to approach and deal with different enemies.

There is more than enough experience points, money, runes, items and available troops to pick up in the game world than you really need but they are spaced as to not unbalance the fun.

By taking your time and enjoying the scenery as you go instead of impatiently
trying to beat the game right away, you find that everything falls into place as the games progresses and you enjoy it immeasurably more than do from cheating your way through.

It's like a two week vacation in a different country - you can blitz your way through the major tourist sites and tell your friends you have been there and know it all. Or, you can moved there for a few months and really get to know it.

Wait until you have played King's Bounty - The Legend, the way the devs designed it to be played. Instead of cheating your way through, play on easy setting. Then you can play the game with a different hero on a harder setting and it's a whole new game - but the world is easier to travel because you know it better - you will enjoy it more that way.

Of course, if you are like most folks today, in a hurry to 'get it over and done with' then you can play with the console commands and have just as much fun as someone who goes the other way. To each his own.

Good games are few and far between - the last one I played and really enjoyed is Gothic 3. The Gothic series are probably among the greatest graphically pleasing, story satisfying, RPG games ever released. So until the next good game comes along I want to spend a long enjoyable 'holiday' with this one.

Jinix the Elder

It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure.
Marquis de Sade

kadrzys
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
wow thx for those words :)

I'd like to unlearn only two levels of basic training which I upgraded in very early game before I realised it's concerns only very specific units I'm not using for a loong time (I'm finishing IoF with Warrior on normal). I got some saves before learning those two levels but I'm so far:P

Well I will not unlearn those and it will be lesson for playing next time in the future (I think Mage on Hard).

greetings

billythegreat
10-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Does any1 know if there is some cheat to get certain items ? like GIVE # where # is code of the object you want ? The randomness is just killing me and i am not gonna replay all the game just to see if i get banner of faith or whatever item i need.

Aquillion
11-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Could someone describe how to get into dev mode here? That link is dead.

Goblin Wizard
11-10-2008, 08:26 AM
working link http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsbounty.ru%2Fforum%2F index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D2236&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

Gatts
11-19-2008, 12:47 PM
working link http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingsbounty.ru%2Fforum%2F index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D2236&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

The google translation looks fine, I just wonder if:
" R - Перезарядить духов - Perezaryadit spirits "
could mean "unlock" or "reveal" spirits... or whatever
and
"To give fierceness 500 "
means probably RAGE :)

Nike-it
11-19-2008, 12:55 PM
The google translation looks fine, I just wonder if:
" R - Перезарядить духов - Perezaryadit spirits "
could mean "unlock" or "reveal" spirits... or whatever
and
"To give fierceness 500 "
means probably RAGE :)

R means reload spirits. And you are absolutely right about second translation.

Agrippa
02-23-2014, 12:09 AM
None of the links to translations of the developer commands are working. Better than posting yet another link that will break soon after, can anyone just post a full list of developer commands and how to get them working (Steam preferred). Thank you.

grozaa
10-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Is there a way of adding certain spells like resurrection without the need of getting all of them by typing magicbook? I've tried to type some sort of item spell_resurrection are just spell_resurrection standalone but it didn't work.