PDA

View Full Version : Undead army

renton
10-16-2008, 09:58 AM
hi,

i have an army of ancient ents, emerald dragons, knights, orc shamans and archmages and finding Demonis hard going.

I wondered if anyone has tried an undead army there and if so how did it fare? I know player skill, skill point selection, leadership make a big difference but im just asking generally. Im playing a mage on normal with mostly chaos spells.

Zhuangzi
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
I would leave Undead well alone. Black Knights are pretty good but very expensive (1000 each from memory) and Necromancers are useful as well, but I think that's it. Most of the undead units seem rather weak, they cause morale problems and you won't be able to restock them in Demonis.

Go with Demons - Demons, Demonesses, Scoffer Imps, Cerebuses. :cool:

vicheron
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
The basic undead units, Skeletons, Zombies, and Spiders, have pretty high damage proportional to their leadership requirements. Skeleton Archers with Dragon Arrows can kill everything. The problem with undead troops is that you can't resurrect them, you have to use sacrifice if you want to bring them back. However, Vampires and Ghosts don't suffer from this problem since they can replenish their numbers by attacking enemies. Ghosts can even increase their numbers, which can sometimes be a problem but you can sacrifice the extra Ghosts to revive your other troops.

ganjatron
10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I liked using the Unicorns and Black Unicorns for Demonis. Their Horn of Light skill does extra damage to Demons. I dont know if any other unit has extra dmg vs. demons.

vicheron
10-17-2008, 02:45 AM
You can actually avoid most of the fights in Demonis.

Physical resistance is useful against Demons. Ghosts can really hold their own against Demons. Only the Imps can do none physical damage.

Doing the Dragon egg quest opens a shop that sells a sword that gives +30% damage vs. demons.

Jamers
10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree with ganjatron; I just passed Demonis and my army was:

Inquisitors
Knights
Hunters
Black Unicorns
Archmagi

I found that the Black Unicorns (particularly with the Inquisitors' Holy Anger or whatever [bless]) did immense damage to the demons. They have a large gap in their base damage (12-21) so the bless really benefits them more than most units. The Horn of Light ability wrecks demons and undead.

Daedalus
10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Can you ressurect Demons with the spell or not?

I haven't been able to revive them with my inquisitors...

devmoon
10-17-2008, 09:00 PM
would diplomacy or necromancy be viable for undead army, since many undead units can regenerate on their own, playing smart you would maybe be able to get a bug army or?