PDA

View Full Version : Mod - "Ultimate Hero"

JGary321
10-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Someone requested a mod to get rid of the Class Specific skills. Here you go.

Created using 16b7. Should work on either version. Can someone with the patch test it & let me know?

Con - you have to start a new game.
Pro - You paladin can now cast Phantom twice per turn :grin:

reed
10-16-2008, 03:54 AM
and whats number leadership / level would u get ?

JGary321
10-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Depends which class you pick. The only thing changed with this mod is that now as a Mage you can get the Warrior & Paladin skills. You get same stat/rune growth. Same applies for Warrior using Mage/Paladin skills etc...

Enarr
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Tested and works!

Nice mod. Perfect for me since Ive just beaten the game and started a new one yesterday.

________
extreme q vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Wont this make the game too easy?

Hazimel
10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
If the Paladin has access to higher Magic, he will be overpowered for sure

JGary321
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Of course it makes it easy. It's just a "fun" mod. Nice for when you want to play your 2nd time through.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Fair enough, for the kids I suppose first time round ;)

Tanveyor
10-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Cannot open file: not valid

JGary321
10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Tanveyor - Do you have an unpacker like winzip or winrar? It's a simple archive file. Extract it & put in your mods folder. Nothing more than that.

What were you doing when you got the error? Works fine for me & the others.

Watchmaker
10-17-2008, 08:58 PM
It is very easy to create ultimate hero on your own... just go to the game folder/sessions/base there is file named "ses" just open it witch winrar... find files that interest you.. for example "wifes.txt" and "hero.txt" you could easy change the file so you get only those children you wont or even change their characteristics... i modified this file.. now i only get children witch +..% to mana rage leadership or exp..

wife_mirabella {
category=o
image=heroitem_wife_mirabella.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_wife_mirabella_name
hint=itm_wife_mirabella_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=3
race=human
use {}
wifeslots {
9=weapon
10=boots
11=belt
12=regalia
}
children=kid_alexander,kid_gendalf,kid_serg,kid_ad amus,kid_ajven,kid_janna,kid_emmanuel
fight {

in hero.txt everyone could do changes to give their warriors mage skills and other... :

hero_warrior { // ******************** Âîč�* ********************
// ńňŕđňîâűĺ ďŕđŕěĺňđű
start {
leadership=210
attack=2
defense=1
intellect=0 You could give him +3 as mage
mana=10 change to 20
rage=20
gold=2000
rune_might=6 number of start runes
rune_mind=2
rune_magic=0
crystals=3 crystals for spells mage has 20
book=3 change to 5 if you will copy paste spells from mage book
// ńňŕđňîâűĺ óěĺ�*č˙ čçó÷ĺ�*�*űĺ č �*ĺäîńňóď�*űĺ
skills_open=rage,traning //order,chaos,dist
skills_off=hi_magic,alchemist,rune_stone,holy_rage delete this.. your warrior will get all of special class skill
army=bowman|4|footman|6|bear|3
spells {
spell_haste=-3 delete and copy/paste from mage
}

items {
}
}
// ńëîňű
slots {
// čě˙_ńëîňŕ_â_č�*ňĺđôĺéńĺ=ňčď ű_ďđĺäěĺňîâ_ęîňîđűĺ_â_�*ĺăî _ěîć�*î_ńęëŕäűâŕňü_ďĺđĺ÷čń ĺ�*�*űĺ_÷ĺđĺç_çŕď˙ňóţ
// �*ĺ çŕáűâŕĺě óęŕçűâŕňü ęŕđňč�*ęč �*óć�*űő ęîěáč�*ŕöčé â hero.txt -> slot_bgs
1=helmet
2=weapon
3=armor
4=boots
5=regalia
6=shield,weapon change to artifact or regalia
7=belt,regalia the same
8=artefact
wife=wife
}
// ďđîęŕ÷ęŕ
level_up {
leadership=60,80
attack=1,40 how much you get on level up and how often you will be able to choose this on level up
defense=1,30
intellect=1,10
mana=4,10 change to 6 and your warrior will get as much mana as mage on level up
rage=6,40
runes=7-7 // ×čńëî č âĺđî˙ň�*îńňč ďîëó÷ĺ�*č˙ đó�*. Íĺ čńďîëüçóĺňń˙ â 1.6.
rune_might=50
rune_mind=35
rune_magic=15
book=1,7 // đŕńňĺň �*ŕ 1 ęŕćäűé 8 óđîâĺ�*ü this means 1 scroll slot for every 7 levels... mages get 1 slot for 5 levels
}
k_spirit_up=1.0 // ęîýôôčöčĺ�*ň �*ŕáčđŕ�*č˙ îďűňŕ ńďčđčňŕ speed of spirit growth

sory but that was created in hurry..it is all that simple... the only problem is the amount of runes on level up... I don't know how to change file to get more each time... and still there is only 30 levels and one choice each time so this is more for making fully potential hero witch cheating to get everything from the game after few completions. My warrior on impossible has:
-all skills maxed out (also runic stone, holly anger, higher magic, alchemy...)
-30 levels
-28050 base leadership (max.. you will get that amount if you take leadership each time when you level up)
-31 attack (the same..you will get that amount if you take attack each time when you level up)
-30 defense
-32 intellect(29 from level up + 3 because mage has 3)
-194 mana and rage (base 20 rage and modified started mana to 20 and mana on level up to 6 just like rage rage.. 20+(29*6)=194 )
-he started witch mages spells and paladin resurrection and witch 20 crystals just like mage.. he also get 1 scroll slot every 5 levels
-also changed inventory slot belt/regalia to belt/artifact so he could use 2 weapons and 2 artifacts

Yeah...this is pure cheating but after few completions no one care... It works fantastic witch moded difficulty..for example enemy army strength 2.5 or even more :cool:

Tanveyor
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
I downloaded it, open with winzip and i get the error. But thanks for the info, will make the mod for myself !

aceshigh23
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Which line shows how many and what kind of Runes someone gets on level up?

Does it have anything to do with this:

I tried messing with
rune_might=50
rune_mind=35
rune_magic=15

And no changes I made seemed to affect level-ups.

Tanveyor
10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Works fine for me, you can change almost everything, starting gold, runes, rage, magic crystals, spells, even the starting line-up (change bowman to greendragon, lol) Mind your leadership.. All info is in the txt files, like spell names and creature names. Here's my ultimate hero:
(change hero.txt in ses.kfs)

start {
leadership=100000
attack=100
defense=100
intellect=100
mana=1000
rage=1000
gold=1000000
rune_might=1000
rune_mind=1000
rune_magic=1000
crystals=10000
book=1000
// ñò*ðòîâûå óìå*èÿ èçó÷å**ûå è *åäîñòóï*ûå
skills_open=rage,traning //order,chaos,dist
skills_off=
army=archmage|100|bowman|100|priest|100|blackdrago n|1
spells {
spell_resurrection=1
spell_healing=1
spell_fire_ball=1
spell_bless=1
spell_gifts=1
spell_sacrifice=1

k_spirit_up=1.5 // êîýôôèöèå*ò **áèð**èÿ îïûò* ñïèðèò*

Now try to loose on impossible :)

JudgeMan
10-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Which line shows how many and what kind of Runes someone gets on level up?

Does it have anything to do with this:

I tried messing with
rune_might=50
rune_mind=35
rune_magic=15

And no changes I made seemed to affect level-ups.

I believe this would be the total number of runes per level

rune_might=50
rune_mind=35
rune_magic=15

and this being the proportion of the runes you get. So on 7 runes total you get like 4 might 2 mind 1 magic 0r 5-1-1 or 5-2-0 etc. as warrior on a level up.

So try changing numbers here: runes=7-7

Tanveyor
10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Note:
I do not recommend playing with my ultimate hero, as it takes away the fun from this great game. I've tested it and it works fine.
Spell names can be found in spells.txt (in ses.kfs)
parameter = -1 means 1 scroll, -2 = 2 scrolls, 1 = learned
Troop names in troops.txt (not all are in there)
Have fun modding

aceshigh23
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM

I believe this would be the total number of runes per level

rune_might=50
rune_mind=35
rune_magic=15

and this being the proportion of the runes you get. So on 7 runes total you get like 4 might 2 mind 1 magic 0r 5-1-1 or 5-2-0 etc. as warrior on a level up.

So try changing numbers here: runes=7-7

Ah, I see, that explains why changing those lines to equal a value over 100 doesn't do anything.

I'll try messing with the runes=7-7 and see what happens. Perhaps testing it as 10-10 to see if that results in 10 spendable runes each level-up.

aceshigh23
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Changing Runes=7-7 has no affect on the spendable runes you get each level. I've been testing out a save right before a level-up and no changes I make to that Runes field do anything. I know the hero.txt file is being changed, because I can change how much attack, defense, or intellect I'm going to get on the level-up, but can't change how many runes I get.

I've tried 10-10 and 10-8 and no change. I'll also try 20-20, but I don't think this is the right field.

edit - Also tried 14-14 and no change.

JubalHarshaw
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Cannot open file: not valid
I'm getting the same message.

bman654
11-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Changing Runes=7-7 has no affect on the spendable runes you get each level. I've been testing out a save right before a level-up and no changes I make to that Runes field do anything. I know the hero.txt file is being changed, because I can change how much attack, defense, or intellect I'm going to get on the level-up, but can't change how many runes I get.

I've tried 10-10 and 10-8 and no change. I'll also try 20-20, but I don't think this is the right field.

edit - Also tried 14-14 and no change.
I'm pretty sure all your runes are allocated when you start a new game so changing that line will have no effect unless you start a new game. This is why the interface mod is able to show you what all your runes will be for all your future level-ups.

BrianD
11-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello,

I've tried the mod but it didn't work. Game version is 1.6.4.
Any advice?

*note:
I also tried editing the hero.txt but the game crashes.

xerxes
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I've tried the mod but it didn't work. Game version is 1.6.4.
Any advice?

*note:
I also tried editing the hero.txt but the game crashes.
this is what i did to create my own 1.6.4 version...

extract hero.txt from base/ses.ksf using 7zip
edit it as you please
replace the one in the 16b7mod.ksf with that one. i couldn't do this with 7zip so i renamed to .7z opened with winrar and then replaced it. then renamed back to .ksf

and it worked :)

in my version i made the paladin a bit powerful

aceshigh23
11-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Thanks Marlow, great catch!

ender
11-29-2008, 02:55 PM
where are those functions (LOGIC.)?

local learn, skill_need = Logic.hero_lu_skill_upg()
local max_level=Logic.skill()

i want to remove level cap from spirits and hero

Keneth
11-29-2008, 03:16 PM
I would guess core logic and game functions are defined in their respective libraries which are hardcoded inside the executable and dynamic link libraries. Although increasing the level cap might be something as simple as expanding the XP array found in hero.txt. You shouldn't bother though, you'll only reach around lvl30 by the end of the game not to mention that even if you increased the XP gain, the game would become incredibly imbalanced. :mrgreen:

Keneth
11-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Well if you buff both yourself and the enemy then you really haven't changed anything, now have you? Might as well leave things as they were. :mrgreen:

ender
11-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I would guess core logic and game functions are defined in their respective libraries which are hardcoded inside the executable and dynamic link libraries. Although increasing the level cap might be something as simple as expanding the XP array found in hero.txt. You shouldn't bother though, you'll only reach around lvl30 by the end of the game not to mention that even if you increased the XP gain, the game would become incredibly imbalanced. :mrgreen:

i finished game with a 29lvl paladin on impossible, with level 1 learning.
not a big problem about level cap on hero.

but i have leveled spirits to lvl 30 when my hero was at lvl 20.
for more than 1/3 of game no experience bonus for use of rage.

skills with experience bonus, or items with experience bonus have no value because of this level cap.

Keneth
11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
They allow you to level faster which in turn makes it easier for you, that was always their purpose in the first place. And there's no point in leveling spirits past lvl30, by that point you should have maxed out all useful abilities, in best case you would get to upgrade even the useless ones and in worst case you would be forced to choose upgrades that you don't want (you don't want to max all abilities because they're better at lower levels).

ender
11-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Expanding XP array in hero.txt seems to work for hero.
leveled to 35 with cheat codes.

Telstar
12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
i finished game with a 29lvl paladin on impossible, with level 1 learning.
not a big problem about level cap on hero.

but i have leveled spirits to lvl 30 when my hero was at lvl 20.
for more than 1/3 of game no experience bonus for use of rage.

skills with experience bonus, or items with experience bonus have no value because of this level cap.

I have the opposite problem. I finished the game at lvl 30 and my highest-lvl spirits are only 15 :(
I spent too much time in the first island and the spirits were blocked.

There's a quick cheat to boost their levels?

Gatts
12-04-2008, 07:51 AM
I have the opposite problem. I finished the game at lvl 30 and my highest-lvl spirits are only 15 :(
I spent too much time in the first island and the spirits were blocked.

There's a quick cheat to boost their levels?

in normal play not :
EXP goes down by increasing battle rounds (after 20th round you get 0 EXP for using spirits...)

also you get very few or nada EXP for battling weaker enemy than "match" - but as we are in MODDIN section - maybe someone could help us here with "spirit fast XP leveling" mod :) let's see (or we could ourselves - as here are plenty "how to" guides for modding KB :) )

Edit : don't wait for me to do this mod - I like the speed of spirit leveling ... still I would welcome going above the 30th level for each spirit (at last till 40)
OR - to have four options instead of two each spirit level (so I may select only the needed spirit skills much easily)

StarcraftJunkie
01-19-2009, 03:35 AM
File won't work for me - claims it's invalid. And yes, I do have winzip (and winace, for that matter - I don't have this problem with other .zip files), before you suggest that as the solution.

- Found the solution. Winzip won't open it for some reason (as said before, claims it's invalid). WinAce works, though.

Keneth
01-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Get WinRAR or 7-Zip, WinZip and WinAce suck.:roll:

lifemare
02-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Does this mod work on 1.7?

Tried with no luck.

Syrion
03-01-2009, 05:23 AM
*edit*
actually it does work... make sure you don't have a conflict with other mods. In my case it was KBMaster_base that already contains hero.txt.

jjg004
03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Someone requested a mod to get rid of the Class Specific skills. Here you go.

Created using 16b7. Should work on either version. Can someone with the patch test it & let me know?

Con - you have to start a new game.
Pro - You paladin can now cast Phantom twice per turn :grin:

This zip file is corrupt. I can't open it using an browser.

Keneth
03-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Works just fine for me. And since when do you open zip files in a browser? Save it on your hard drive and open it with an archiver.

finishme
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I cant get this to work on 1.7, not even a chance.:confused:

I dont have any other mods, however doesnt work for me. Any ideas?

Keneth
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Did you put it in the right folder?

Koki
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
The mod is very simple, so just do it yourself. Find the hero.txt, find the lines skills_off=(There should be three), and delete everything after the =. Close, save, done.

finishme
03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Did you put it in the right folder?

Yes, i tried other mods and they work, all of them.

The mod is very simple, so just do it yourself. Find the hero.txt, find the lines skills_off=(There should be three), and delete everything after the =. Close, save, done.

I try that, no success cant find that line.

Thanks, any other tips?

Keneth
03-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Well other mods are not this mod. Are your mods in the data/mods/ folder? If not, put them there and avoid future problems. And there are three entries in hero.txt for "skills_off=", which you can easily find using the Find... function of any text editor (ctrl+f).

finishme
03-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Well yes, they are not. And yes, they are in the data/mods folder.

Maybe its my mistake not to explane that i cant run this ONLY on 1.7, on other versions works ok. Anyway, that will eventualy explain that i know where to put ...hm,er ... mods.

Whatewer, Thanks @Koki , i did it this way and it works.

Boar
03-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks for this tip! I couldn't unzip the mod either, but with 7zip and Winrar was able to do just what you said. Now I'm having a blast with a slightly modified Warrior who can get to higher magic!

this is what i did to create my own 1.6.4 version...

extract hero.txt from base/ses.ksf using 7zip
edit it as you please
replace the one in the 16b7mod.ksf with that one. i couldn't do this with 7zip so i renamed to .7z opened with winrar and then replaced it. then renamed back to .ksf

and it worked :)

in my version i made the paladin a bit powerful

viet1125
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm playing 1.7 and i did edit the hero.txt like you recommended but my new start mage still doesn't have holy anger or iron fist I also added 2 points in attack and deference but nothing changed. Any help please

Keneth
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Have you edited all three lines or just the first one? And have you put the file in the right place?

Chiapet
10-28-2009, 03:03 AM

Could not get to work with 1.6.5

ErdnussMan
01-03-2010, 04:37 AM
I seem to keep getting errors from this download. When I try to open it, windows says it's invalid. When I try to just save it, it puts a zipped folder on my system but then when I try to extract it, windows says the folder is empty.

holyshinji
12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Ok well I know this is probly bringing back a dead thread but I got bored and decided to make my own Ultimate Hero.

This is for the pally only, AND IT IS ONLY FOR FUN so if your bored and want to much around you can use this little mod.
It allows the Palidin to use spells and all skills you start with more then enough runes to level all your trees and each level you basicly get a massive boost.
O and you can wear any item in any slot.
Please note you will need to start a new game for this to work but remember this is only to muck around and have a bit of fun with.

Below is the part of the file that I edited

hero_paladin { // ******************** Ïàëàäèí ********************
// ñòàðòîâûå ïàðàìåòðû
start {
leadership=520
attack=4
defense=4
intellect=4
mana=90
rage=90
gold=15000000
rune_might=594
rune_mind=583
rune_magic=489
book=8
crystals=90
// ñòàðòîâûå óìåíèÿ èçó÷åííûå è íåäîñòóïíûå
skills_open=explorer,holy_rage //order,chaos,dist, alchemist
skills_off=
army=bowman|5|priest|5|peasant|32

spells {
spell_healing=1 // 1 level
spell_bless=-2 // 2 scrolls
spell_resurrection=-1
spell_slow=1
spell_fire_ball=1
spell_defenseless=1
spell_fire_arrow=-2
spell_healing=-1
}

items {
}
}
// ñëîòû
slots {
// èìÿ_ñëîòà_â_èíòåðôåéñå=òèïû _ïðåäìåòîâ_êîòîðûå_â_íåãî_ì æíî_ñêëàäûâàòü_ïåðå÷èñëåí ûå_÷åðåç_çàïÿòóþ
// íå çàáûâàåì óêàçûâàòü êàðòèíêè íóæíûõ êîìáèíàöèé â hero.txt -> slot_bgs
1=helmet,shield,regalia,artefact,weapon,armor,boot s,belt,
2=weapon,shield,regalia,artefact,armor,boots,belt, helmet
3=armor,shield,regalia,artefact,weapon,boots,belt, helmet
4=boots,shield,regalia,artefact,weapon,armor,belt, helmet
5=regalia,shield,artefact,weapon,armor,boots,belt, helmet
6=shield,regalia,artefact,weapon,armor,boots,belt, helmet
7=belt,artefact,shield,regalia,weapon,armor,boots, helmet
8=artefact,shield,regalia,weapon,armor,boots,belt, helmet
wife=wife
}
// ïðîêà÷êà
level_up {
leadership=120,70
attack=8,30
defense=8,30
intellect=8,20
mana=50,20
rage=50,30
runes=7-7 // ×èñëî è âåðîÿòíîñòè ïîëó÷åíèÿ ðóí. Íå èñïîëüçóåòñÿ â 1.6.
rune_might=50
rune_mind=50
rune_magic=50
book=3,2 // ðàñòåò íà 1 êàæäûé 7 óðîâåíü
}
k_spirit_up=3.8 // êîýôôèöèåíò íàáèðàíèÿ îïûòà ñïèðèòà
}

You know the Drill just dump the kfs file in your mod folder4216

uiuton
02-11-2015, 09:56 AM
did you know where is heroitem_wife_mirabella.png file location? I need it for change face