PDA

View Full Version : Wishing wells...

Renevent
10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I noticed there are quite a few wishing wells scattered about the world that ask you if you want to throw all your crystals in for a reward. I have about 32 crystal at the moment, but being a mage crystals are VERY valuable to me. Also, the reward from the wells seem to be either set in stone (not random) or based on how many crystals you throw in. Is this true? Or do certain wells produce different grades of items with an increase of crystal "donations"?

What is everyone's tactic for these? Do you wait until end game when you have upgraded all your spells and don't need crystals? Is there another way of getting good supply of them that I don't know about?

Also, does anybody have a list of wishing wells and which give what items?

Quikpik
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I havent' found anything useful coming out of the wishing wells. All I've gotten is experience in exchange for some crystals. I always saved my game before the wishing well and then reloaded when I was disappointed with the outcome.

jake21
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
The number of crystals you throw in is a fixed value (I think it is always 1). I've gotten different things - sometimes runes, exp, (I think +leadership), ...

I havent' found anything useful coming out of the wishing wells. All I've gotten is experience in exchange for some crystals. I always saved my game before the wishing well and then reloaded when I was disappointed with the outcome.

Renevent
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
The number of crystals you throw in is a fixed value (I think it is always 1). I've gotten different things - sometimes runes, exp, (I think +leadership), ...

Are you sure? The way I read it was "throw in all your crystals"...though I admit I never checked to see if it actually was all my crystals. Maybe it is a set amount? That would make MUCH more sense.

I did find a nice item though...in the forest area (vernion forest sp?) there is a well on a island that has a club weapon with good stats that is also part of a set. I didn't keep it though (reloaded the game) becuase I thought it took all my crystals.

wolfing
10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
nah, only takes one crystal, I always used the well. Most of the time it's money, but I did get a rune once (and I think I got exp some other time and some weapon too)

Sandsai
10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I got the upgradable baton from a wishing well before. Got it up to the highest of the four levels. I also got some other artifacts here and there. I wonder if that part of the Fan manual has been translated. Worth a look imo.