PDA

View Full Version : Random heroes

Coffeejunk
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi all,

I just started this game and on the second map (the one with the dragon fang quest ) , I ran into an enemy hero which I killed immediately.

After that, I started wondering, so far (starting map :rolleyes:) all enemy heroes had a quest attached to it.

So, the question is: do all enemy heroes have a quest related to them? Might I have been over enthousiastic in killing him, and missed out on xp and gold in the process?

If I remember correctly, this man had to do something with peasant riots..

Thanks.

Zhuangzi
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Basically, no. Enemy heroes seem to be randomly distributed - they weren't in the same places in my two games. And no, they don't give quests or anything, so feel free to slay them if you can. :)

phoenixreborn
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
They don't give quests but they can be part of quests.

Like for example a peasant hero might need to be subdued as part of a frog king quest.

So you could be missing out.

Coffeejunk
10-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks.

That was what I was afraid of..
Well, one hero more or less won't matter..

Renevent
10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
The heroes I have found that are part of quests cannot be killed unless you are on that quest...or at least that is what I have noticed. For instance...the robber in the undead area won't let you attack him until you have the quest from that frog king guy.

phoenixreborn
10-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok that makes more sense.

Saridu
10-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Heroes (Or villians as it were) can be random or set, Tiberius has haunted the cemetery for the last three games for me, there a giant in the Freedorn island who I believe is also set. Other villans inhabit roughly the same area, I just fought Hue (A beholder!) ,last time he was by the dwarf castle past the metal grate, this time he was by Gerda's castle, Ruin Guy was in the underground cave last time and this time at the exit to the same dungeon so roughly the same area. I love the way the devs thought about their spells and stratergies, Hue teleport's his massive spider stack's in the midst of my archers :( and Tiberius cast Book of Evil which fits his little background story - great job!