PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/amount of actions per turn

Warmskin
10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
A few ?'s...
1) Sometimes one of my troops can use a 'talent', a spell, and an attack all in one turn. Sometimes the same guy can only get off a spell. What controls this?
2) Why are all 3 of my talents available at the start of turn 1, but at the start of turn 2 the same guy has no talents available (whited out).
3) Why is it I can finish a battle with 30 rage pts left over e.g., and then go right into the next battle (w/o leaving the map or anything) and have 6 or even 0 rage pts to use?
4) It seems sometimes my Inquisitors can use a talent and still get off an attack, sometimes they use the same talent and their turn is over.

These basic rules of attack and actions per turn need to be explained somewhere thoroughly.
Love the game, though.
Thanks.

hawker
10-14-2008, 09:49 PM
1. You must mean Archmages. Look at the ability descriptions. Generally all special abilities do spend a turn, but turning on Fighting Trance doesn't.
2. You can't use Archmage's other abilities while he's in the trance.
3. Rage points fade over time. If you end a battle with 30 points and immediately get to a new one, you'll have 30 points available.
4. All Inquisitors' abilities should spend their turn; you might be thinking Archmages (see point 1-2)

Yaster
10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
4) It seems sometimes my Inquisitors can use a talent and still get off an attack, sometimes they use the same talent and their turn is over.

Hmm, maybe you hit wait (the hourglass icon next to defend) for them and execute theirs action later - when they would highest initiative they would move right after because they are the first to move in new turn. Every turn consist of 2 parts - in 1st creatures with the highest initiative move first and in 2nd move those who waited in 1st but in reverse order.

If this is not the case then I'm bit lost here. Could you elaborate?