PDA

View Full Version : question about pain skull -- and morale

tvez
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know how you can quickly charge up the pain skull? The percentage it goes down seems random -- is it just the number of troops you kill? How much mana you use in a fight? I have no idea.

I've got a mage, and i don't want to go 50 fights with half mana.

Also, anyone know how, exactly, morale effects you? I heard it can boost damage and crit chance -- but i don't know the exact formula. Is there one? Is it -10 percent for "low" morale, for instance?

ganjatron
10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Do this - double click your unit so you see its card. Now, hover over the morale icon (smiley face, neutral, etc.) It should show you exactly what the boost is giving you as well as what is causing the morale effect. I think generally, it affects your attack, defense, and critical strike ratings. It will show you their default rating in (parentheses) and the modified rating plainly next to it.

I'm sorry but I don't know the exact formula... and what is pain skull?

milo
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Morale is very important even for a mage, there is a ring that boosts shefighters attack, initiative morale speed etc by 3, which i think you get as part of quest. With eleven fighters dryads and two different kinds of sprites, become some of the most powerful units in game (all she fighters), with their morale bonus sprites were landing critical 17000 plus without retaliation, regularly and that was playing as a mage. They also have highest initiative and can travel length of battlefield in one turn.

The skull gives +5 int +5 attack after you have finished charging it so it is well worth it. I don't think it makes any difference if you have full mana at start of the fight or difficulty of fight.

tvez
10-15-2008, 01:05 AM
crap i sold that ring. Didn't think the female warriors would be that good....

Well, with the pain skull, once after a fight it went down 1 percent, and once it went down 3 percent. I have a theory that it's the number of living units that die or get wounded, but who knows? It sucks because I'm about to go into the demon lands -- and with a half-mana mage, that's a huuuuge problem. Still, +5, +5, holy crap that's good. Hey, I like a challenge.

Here's the skinny on my morale problem: I have this eyeglass that adds +100 percent to the attack of ranged units using projectiles, and also have the big dwarf shield (+8 defense, -20percent leadership for dwarves). Naturally, I have the two elven archer units, who kick ass with the eyeglass. But I want to add dwarven cannoneers -- for obvious reasons. They'd also get +100 percent to attack, and i could recruit a sh--load of them with the shield.

Unfortunately, put them in the army, and the morale of the both them and the elves goes down. So is it worth having this third kickbutt projectile unit, forsaking the morale of three...??? hmmmm

seopositive2
11-08-2009, 07:41 AM
this is so very cool!!
love this new feature, and this review of Unity!!

Razorflame
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
crap i sold that ring. Didn't think the female warriors would be that good....

Well, with the pain skull, once after a fight it went down 1 percent, and once it went down 3 percent. I have a theory that it's the number of living units that die or get wounded, but who knows? It sucks because I'm about to go into the demon lands -- and with a half-mana mage, that's a huuuuge problem. Still, +5, +5, holy crap that's good. Hey, I like a challenge.

Here's the skinny on my morale problem: I have this eyeglass that adds +100 percent to the attack of ranged units using projectiles, and also have the big dwarf shield (+8 defense, -20percent leadership for dwarves). Naturally, I have the two elven archer units, who kick ass with the eyeglass. But I want to add dwarven cannoneers -- for obvious reasons. They'd also get +100 percent to attack, and i could recruit a sh--load of them with the shield.

Unfortunately, put them in the army, and the morale of the both them and the elves goes down. So is it worth having this third kickbutt projectile unit, forsaking the morale of three...??? hmmmm

that really depends on what sort of mage you are!

for example i used a buffer mage( a mage that helps my troops)

or a damaging mage( a mage that kills the enemy before it comes close)

in either case
it heavily depends on what sort of spells u got and what your intelligence is

for a chaos using mage u need high int and hardly use troops;-)

^^

KrazyDocK
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
You are correct that for the pain skull the % goes down by 1 to 3 % after each battle. And it is totally RANDOM. Save before each fight and reload if you don't get 3%. That'll work. That way you can end up with half mana for only 34 battles (at best).

If you left any weaker opponents in previous areas, this would be a good time to clean them up and get that % down quickly.

KD