PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Stat Upgrades (Tree of Life spoiler)

ganjatron
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Is there a list of items or actions that will raise stats beyond the usual ways - leveling up, clicking on shrines, etc?

I just noticed this the other day - when completing the Tree of Life quest, you get a plant bulb/seed that you need to plant in the Undead world. If you right-click this item, you have an option to eat part of the plant. Doing this gives you +1 intellect.

I know of the ring which gives you +3 int after 30 battles (and I think there may be other such equipment.) But is there anything else like this Tree of Life quest item? It is easily missed so I'm wondering about how many stats I've missed out on!

bugmenot
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
There is a gladiator sword which gives 10 might runes after 50 battles, it can be found as random loot, or (I think) given as a reward for finishing all the combat challenges at the temple next to the starting castle. The sword also give +4 attack and +15 rage, so it's not too bad as a weapon itself.
________
website design (http://hostndesign.com)

Namel
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
If you are not mage and remember spell right when you cure zombie miller you get one int.

bugmenot
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Dwarven rats.

Each time you speak to a dwarven miner there is a slight chance they'll offer to sell you a Fried Rat for a few gold (50 or 70, depending on where you are).

Each Fried Rat permanently adds 2 mana and rage, but drains 50 leadership.

You can repeatedly speak to the same miner to get multiple rats. You can manually click on the dwarf then the 'goodbye' conversation option, but it's a lot quicker to use the Escape key to dismiss the dialog.
________
volcano vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Namel
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I believe you can buy max 6 rats from dwarves. Can anyone confirm? I always eat 6. They are just great way to gain 12 mana and rage. :)

ganjatron
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Dwarven rats.

Each time you speak to a dwarven miner there is a slight chance they'll offer to sell you a Fried Rat for a few gold (50 or 70, depending on where you are).

You can repeatedly speak to the same miner to get multiple rats. You can manually click on the dwarf then the 'goodbye' conversation option, but it's a lot quicker to use the Escape key to dismiss the dialog.

Hehe, these rats are awesome. I wouldn't mind trading 250 leadership for 10 mana and 10 rage. I did buy one actually, from the dude in the whale which swallows you when sailing in the underground sea. I did not know speaking to the miners give you them though - good tip. Obviously this makes it much better to pick leadership upgrade over mana/rage when leveling up, especially during the latter levels.

By the way, which miners are these - the mines, lower hadder?

Tuplis
10-14-2008, 09:19 PM
You should try to 'use' many quest items found in the game, I can't remember which ones but there are many stat bonuses to be gained that way. One I can remember is using the herb or whatever it is you have to use to get the missing polar bear back to its owner (it's in the first area). You get +2 max rage for doing that.

bugmenot
10-14-2008, 09:31 PM
By the way, which miners are these - the mines, lower hadder?

I'm still exploring upper/lower hadder, I know I bought a bunch of rats from the slaves in the mines for 50 gold each. Pretty sure I bought a couple later on for 70 gold each.

I may be remembering wrong, but I can't remember any miners in lower hadder? Is there somewhere between the slave mines and upper hadder?

Where is it that you get attacked by a female dwarf hero as soon as you enter the mines? Might have been there.
________
Harley-Davidson UA (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_UA)

milo
10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Earliest place I believe you can buy rats is from mines lucky john castle is in, in freedom isles. I have also received rats as a drop.

reed
10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Dwarven rats.
is that a bug ? if the dwarf has given me the rat they wont give me anymore :(

tvez
10-15-2008, 01:12 AM
six is the max from miners, in my experience.... plus one some merchant sells you

bugmenot
10-15-2008, 04:14 AM

The game doesn't remember which dwarf miner gave you the rat.

Talk to any dwarf miner, the same dwarf ten times, or ten different dwarfs, the game doesn't care.

Once I realised this I bought 3 rats of the same dwarf.

I've only ever bought 6 rats, never tried to get more (ate the first when I got it, kept 5 spares to eat as I find leadership flags), from the other posts it seems I've got the limit :(
________
marijuana test (http://drugtestingkit.org)

sector24
10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
You should try to 'use' many quest items found in the game, I can't remember which ones but there are many stat bonuses to be gained that way. One I can remember is using the herb or whatever it is you have to use to get the missing polar bear back to its owner (it's in the first area). You get +2 max rage for doing that.

All 3 items in the Knight's Temple can be used. The dummy "princess" has 1 of 4 options (I have no idea if they have a lasting effect on the game), the necromancer's book has a weakness scroll that Father William used as a bookmark, and the boot has 100 gold tucked inside. You can choose to steal the gold and lie to Iron Richard or tell him the truth.

alon
10-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Dwarven rats.

Thank you very much for the tip man, you rock!
:)

(Didn't know you can re-ask the same dwarf for more rats...)

Razorflame
05-08-2009, 12:04 AM
when u do the first quest of the mage tower in greenwort(find the scrolls)

when u finally have it at the graveyard use it to get a scrol of necro :)

if u get the quest from cardinal(greenwort) to bring a purse to graveyard(if u have the spell dispell memorized u can take the 500 money IIRC:)(must be mage i think, not sure)

Elwin
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
In Zombie Miller quest if you corectlly say spell you get 1 int. U can fight in school of magic for magic runes, its funny your army changes into 5 stacks of 1 archmage ~~

Vilk
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
The bug is more to skip the dialog end to get more rats. :)

EDIT: Well ok not more rats but all rats from one miner, which only save some time.

jwallstone
05-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I've always gotten I think 9 rats total. I've also only gotten them from Creston mines, not Lucky James mines.

Calinda
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Once I had rat for purchase from the merchant in the Fish belly.
And another item that can be used is the druid staff from the Elven lands/Lands of the dead quest. If I remember correctly, it gives a mind rune.
Dunno if someone mentioned the bag of the zombie in the graveyard - it only gives some gold tho.

Razorflame
05-08-2009, 05:05 PM
the potion from the witch u get to destroy the alchemist (marsshan swamp)
gives u 200 experience

Elwin
05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh i forgot about one i found in very beggining, u can use bearka item from quest where you have to bring polar bear to managerie, it gives +2 max rage

Vilk
05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Once I had rat for purchase from the merchant in the Fish belly.
And another item that can be used is the druid staff from the Elven lands/Lands of the dead quest. If I remember correctly, it gives a mind rune.
Dunno if someone mentioned the bag of the zombie in the graveyard - it only gives some gold tho.

You mean the bag you have to bring back or the special stuff the zombie has found? For me this stuff has always been an item and I never open the bag because there's no Thief class. :grin:

Calinda
05-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Yup, that bag exactly :)

Razorflame
05-10-2009, 10:11 PM
the quest u get from the priest(to deliver a bag too other priest in marshan swamp)

u can get money from it 500 if you have a dispel spell written in your spellbook:)